Author Topic: new Snoop Dogg album 'Bush' produced by Pharrell, coming May 12  (Read 3755 times)

Matty

Re: new Snoop Dogg album 'Bush' produced by Pharrell, coming May 12
« Reply #75 on: May 03, 2015, 07:01:34 AM »
should be leaking soon 8)

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
« Reply #76 on: May 03, 2015, 07:59:24 AM »
looking forward to it, guest line-up looks great aside from the obvious - Ross. hopefully will be easy enough to edit him out of that last track. Pharrell's is on fire with his production for the last couple years (it started with the last NERD album) and seems to have stepped up the funk factor for this album. this is a much more exciting project on the production side of things. the fact it's a Snoop album is neither here or there, only that it got Pharrell to come up with this type of music...

I'm worried about the album sounding monotonous, though.  Sure, it's great to have one producer do the whole album so that the entire thing sounds cohesive and brings continuity from track to track.  But you can take it too far with that.  For example, So Many Pros to me sounds too similar to Peaches N Cream.  I don't want an album to be, like, one track with nine more remixes of it to create 10 tracks.  Listen to Mobb Deep's Hell on Earth, for example of what I'm fearing.  Each track sounds so reminiscent of all the others that it just drones on, and it's the reason why that album pales in comparison to Tha Infamous.

But I'll keep an open mind.  Just worried about the tracks all sounding too similar to each other.
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

Matty

« Reply #77 on: May 03, 2015, 08:13:41 AM »
looking forward to it, guest line-up looks great aside from the obvious - Ross. hopefully will be easy enough to edit him out of that last track. Pharrell's is on fire with his production for the last couple years (it started with the last NERD album) and seems to have stepped up the funk factor for this album. this is a much more exciting project on the production side of things. the fact it's a Snoop album is neither here or there, only that it got Pharrell to come up with this type of music...

I'm worried about the album sounding monotonous, though.  Sure, it's great to have one producer do the whole album so that the entire thing sounds cohesive and brings continuity from track to track.  But you can take it too far with that.  For example, So Many Pros to me sounds too similar to Peaches N Cream.  I don't want an album to be, like, one track with nine more remixes of it to create 10 tracks.  Listen to Mobb Deep's Hell on Earth, for example of what I'm fearing.  Each track sounds so reminiscent of all the others that it just drones on, and it's the reason why that album pales in comparison to Tha Infamous.

But I'll keep an open mind.  Just worried about the tracks all sounding too similar to each other.

wouldn't be a problem here, on the contary, i love that sound 8) we've heard 3/10 tracks and the common theme is thick groovy bass w/ guitar licks. 'awake' had a much more chilled vibe than the other two though. no doubt i'm an exception to the rule, but i can and often do listen to disco-funk grooves all day long.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #78 on: May 04, 2015, 02:06:40 PM »
This will be the first Snoop album I buy since BCT.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Will_B

« Reply #79 on: May 04, 2015, 02:32:19 PM »
snoop didn't even write his own lyrics on this album...smdh.

I guess that no longer matters in rap

Sccit

« Reply #80 on: May 04, 2015, 02:34:51 PM »
This will be the first Snoop album I buy since BCT.

Shoulda got 7 days of funk

HighEyeCue

« Reply #81 on: May 04, 2015, 03:34:48 PM »
snoop didn't even write his own lyrics on this album...smdh.

I guess that no longer matters in rap

Snoop hasn't wrote consistently in a long time

Marco

West Coast Connection // www.dubcnn.com/connect // West Coast Connection

Matty

« Reply #83 on: May 05, 2015, 04:46:14 AM »
was hoping for something better than a stream rip, but fuck it, here we go 8)

Paolo

« Reply #84 on: May 05, 2015, 08:14:01 AM »
i don't expecting a good album  too much commercial and pharrell production not for me
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 08:18:01 AM by kudaz »