Author Topic: DubCNN: 2015 Relaunch – Our Story So Far: New Look, Integrated Old Content & Mor  (Read 1351 times)

aerroc

im not trying to sound like an ass

I thought that was your whole shtick...
Lame ass.

stfu irrelevant ass

Heinz

Lame ass.

stfu irrelevant ass

Thank you for the compliment white boy.

Sccit

yeah once its on the new server it will be - should bring huge views to dubcnn and the forum itself

im not trying to sound like an ass but i don't think new people are going to be interested in the over saturated threads of artist from 20 years ago plus forums are a dying breed

go tell thecoli, boxden, and kanyetothe that forums are a "dying breed"....make a thread on one of them sites and it's buried on page 3 within 10 minutes, guaranteed.

s_dadry

• Muthafuckin' OG
Nice 2 see y'all back!

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Thanks for the feedback, good and bad guys, we value and appreciate the support - we're just doing what we can to keep promoting good westcoast music and talent.

Soopafly DPGC - can i get some more info on why you stopped visiting/what we did that made it so busy and hard to follow? From the pre 2012 layout all we did was removed one page reading from the last 7 days (ie the big list of posts) but you still had to click to listen to music/watch video. What we did was make it so you had to click INTO the posts but the music or video was in that one page...so same number of clicks. Let me know as keen to get a feel/understand any usage issues. Thanks!

all we need now is a relaunch for the forum it really really needs one
even the free make your own forum has more and better features then this  8)

I personally like the simplified forum layout like it is now.  I honestly quit visiting dubcnn's main webpage because they made it so busy and hard to follow.  Don't do the same with the forums, simple is better!

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
Re: DubCNN: 2015 Relaunch –New Look, Integrated Old Content & Mor
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2015, 09:30:40 AM »
Thanks for the feedback, good and bad guys, we value and appreciate the support - we're just doing what we can to keep promoting good westcoast music and talent.

Soopafly DPGC - can i get some more info on why you stopped visiting/what we did that made it so busy and hard to follow? From the pre 2012 layout all we did was removed one page reading from the last 7 days (ie the big list of posts) but you still had to click to listen to music/watch video. What we did was make it so you had to click INTO the posts but the music or video was in that one page...so same number of clicks. Let me know as keen to get a feel/understand any usage issues. Thanks!

even the free make your own forum has more and better features then this  8)

I personally like the simplified forum layout like it is now.  I honestly quit visiting dubcnn's main webpage because they made it so busy and hard to follow.  Don't do the same with the forums, simple is better!

Well I know you gotta keep the website looking modern, but I liked back in the day how the page matched the forum, it had the blue background.  You would go to the site, and updates were listed in chronological order.  I could scroll down and read a quick article and there was a smaller picture off to the side of some of the articles.  Just the simple news, or links to songs and that's it.  

Now I go to the page and there are pictures all over it, every article only gives you a preview, you have to click on it to read the full article, and more pictures load.   Then there's a news section you have to click on to read the articles,  then you have interviews next, more pictures and stuff you have to click on, then Dubcnn latest, more articles you have to click to get the full version.  Then on the right of the page, a bunch of videos posted, above that, mixtapes posted.  Then at the bottom, there a section that says "even more news", and a lot of it is the same news that was posted just above. 

So I guess I feel like I miss news, like if you have a new video about some artist that has a mixtape link, is it in the news section?  The mixtape section?  Interview section?  Dubcnn latest section?  Who knows.  I feel like I get smacked with so much information and graphics and everything the minute I log onto the page, I have to sift through a bunch of stuff to find news.  It's too busy.  Like at the top right, you have how many facebook followers you have, how many twitter followers, etc, etc.  And honestly, I don't care how many followers your page has, why is that so prominent front and center when you log on?  I want to come on there to read the latest rap new, not read about how many facebook followers you have.

I just liked it better where if you guys posted something, there it was, first thing at the top of the page when you logged in.  I didn't have to look for anything.  
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 09:34:13 AM by Soopafly DPGC »

gio™fugahoo

« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2015, 10:33:49 AM »

I personally like the simplified forum layout like it is now.  I honestly quit visiting dubcnn's main webpage because they made it so busy and hard to follow.  Don't do the same with the forums, simple is better!

Well I know you gotta keep the website looking modern, but I liked back in the day how the page matched the forum, it had the blue background.  You would go to the site, and updates were listed in chronological order.  I could scroll down and read a quick article and there was a smaller picture off to the side of some of the articles.  Just the simple news, or links to songs and that's it.  

Now I go to the page and there are pictures all over it, every article only gives you a preview, you have to click on it to read the full article, and more pictures load.   Then there's a news section you have to click on to read the articles,  then you have interviews next, more pictures and stuff you have to click on, then Dubcnn latest, more articles you have to click to get the full version.  Then on the right of the page, a bunch of videos posted, above that, mixtapes posted.  Then at the bottom, there a section that says "even more news", and a lot of it is the same news that was posted just above. 

So I guess I feel like I miss news, like if you have a new video about some artist that has a mixtape link, is it in the news section?  The mixtape section?  Interview section?  Dubcnn latest section?  Who knows.  I feel like I get smacked with so much information and graphics and everything the minute I log onto the page, I have to sift through a bunch of stuff to find news.  It's too busy.  Like at the top right, you have how many facebook followers you have, how many twitter followers, etc, etc.  And honestly, I don't care how many followers your page has, why is that so prominent front and center when you log on?  I want to come on there to read the latest rap new, not read about how many facebook followers you have.

I just liked it better where if you guys posted something, there it was, first thing at the top of the page when you logged in.  I didn't have to look for anything.  

Damn dude exactly that  :o
I felt the Same

Sccit

« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2015, 12:13:25 PM »

good post...i too preferred the old/simple layout, but this is how websites are nowadays. maybe if we can somehow make the news more prominent, while keeping the same modern layout. site aint loadin for me right now btw.

aerroc

Lame ass.

stfu irrelevant ass

im not white

Heinz

Lame ass.

stfu irrelevant ass

im not white

You are not too bright are you?

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
ok thanks for the feedback, i can simply fix your issues...ALL posts get tagged as NEWS and THEN into a subcategory to aid navigation for those who JUST want to drill to that level - so if you use the below link it should be exactly what you need - and then like i said in my post you DO have to click into it but then all the media/video is on one page. before you could read the text but had to click to hear the audio/watch the video - so its the same number of clicks.

http://www.dubcnn.com/category/news/

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
ok thanks for the feedback, i can simply fix your issues...ALL posts get tagged as NEWS and THEN into a subcategory to aid navigation for those who JUST want to drill to that level - so if you use the below link it should be exactly what you need - and then like i said in my post you DO have to click into it but then all the media/video is on one page. before you could read the text but had to click to hear the audio/watch the video - so its the same number of clicks.

http://www.dubcnn.com/category/news/

It's all good, appreciate the response.  I'm just old school i guess.  I know you  have to keep the page looking modern and all that twitter and facebook stuff matters to some people i suppose.  I clicked on that link and i still see a page full of pictures, that i then have to click on to read the articles.  I was hoping to click on the news page and all the text is right there to read and i can scroll up and down and read it all at once, like how the forums are, without having to click on pictures, then go back, click on another picture, go back, etc, etc. 

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Appreciate the comments Soopafly DPGC, all feedback is good!

ruthless95rip

• Muthafuckin' OG
Keep up the good work homies.   

8)