Author Topic: Simulation theory  (Read 1572 times)

jeanmiche777

Simulation theory
« on: January 19, 2015, 06:17:19 AM »
There's a theory out there, that we are in a complex simulation. It's a complete guess, since we really have no way of knowing. That being said, there is a little experiment going on. A team of scientists are currently running a simulation that is creating a universe comparable to ours, at least on the macro scale.

http://www.reddit.com/r/science/comments/2sifgc/science_ama_series_we_are_cosmologists_working_on/

Matty

Re: Simulation theory
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2015, 07:55:07 AM »
very intereting.

i would postulate that this 'reality' is not what it seems and our science is nowhere close to figuring things out. at least as far as what we can currently see and measure being only a small fraction of universe. my understanding is that it's more like a dream than a simulation - ie our experience of it is very much intertwined with it's 'existence' as opposed to being something external that's being run by a machine etc. having said that, it does seem like there are rules and that's where the whole matrix analogy makes sense.

but how do you find out what the rules are? that seems to be where the quantum leap from current thinking will be required, to look inward at the human experience and the minds potential instead of out to the stars. right now a lot of very real stuff is chalked up as metaphysical gobbledygook and paranormal quackery because there's no realiable way to see it, measure it, etc. my experiences are telling me that people already figured the rules out long ago and the means of polishing your magnifying lens to get a deeper sense of things is the proof. it's actually crazy obvious how much of the physical plane is based off 'other stuff' as opposed to vice-versa when you start doing deeper healing work. but it's a giant inconvenient truth and normally only tanigble with some type of quantum experience in the first place.

jeanmiche777

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2015, 08:19:11 AM »
very intereting.

i would postulate that this 'reality' is not what it seems and our science is nowhere close to figuring things out. at least as far as what we can currently see and measure being only a small fraction of universe. my understanding is that it's more like a dream than a simulation - ie our experience of it is very much intertwined with it's 'existence' as opposed to being something external that's being run by a machine etc. having said that, it does seem like there are rules and that's where the whole matrix analogy makes sense.

but how do you find out what the rules are? that seems to be where the quantum leap from current thinking will be required, to look inward at the human experience and the minds potential instead of out to the stars. right now a lot of very real stuff is chalked up as metaphysical gobbledygook and paranormal quackery because there's no realiable way to see it, measure it, etc. my experiences are telling me that people already figured the rules out long ago and the means of polishing your magnifying lens to get a deeper sense of things is the proof. it's actually crazy obvious how much of the physical plane is based off 'other stuff' as opposed to vice-versa when you start doing deeper healing work. but it's a giant inconvenient truth and normally only tanigble with some type of quantum experience in the first place.

I like your thinking. I had a spiritual awakening a few years ago, but I decided to not go deeper on that path, as I felt alone in that situation, with something that I just couldn't handle. I felt vulnerable. I'm not sure how to word it correctly (not a native english speaker), but from the small glimpse of ''truth'' I perceived from everyday situations, I saw that everything is deeply interwined. The world around us speaks to us everyday, sometimes it's subtle, sometimes it's almost overwhelming. As you said, we don't have to reach for the stars to ''get'' this.

The idea of a simulation is interesting because it is probable. It's rationnal.

Heinz

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2015, 08:37:23 AM »
simulation (n.)
    mid-14c., "a false show, false profession," from Old French simulation "pretence" and directly from Latin simulationem (nominative simulatio) "an imitating, feigning, false show, hypocrisy," noun of action from past participle stem of simulare "imitate," from stem of similis "like" (see similar).

Shadow chasers.

jeanmiche777

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2015, 08:45:17 AM »
Heinz, that quote is from a french canadian author, it is the best book ever written from my culture. I assume you read it. ''L'avalée des avalés'' by Réjean Ducharme. A masterpiece.

Heinz

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2015, 08:48:48 AM »
Heinz, that quote is from a french canadian author, it is the best book ever written from my culture. I assume you read it. ''L'avalée des avalés'' by Réjean Ducharme. A masterpiece.

Masterpiece indeed.
Glad you recognized it, probably the only here that does.
Props!

jeanmiche777

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2015, 08:52:49 AM »
simulation (n.)
    mid-14c., "a false show, false profession," from Old French simulation "pretence" and directly from Latin simulationem (nominative simulatio) "an imitating, feigning, false show, hypocrisy," noun of action from past participle stem of simulare "imitate," from stem of similis "like" (see similar).

Shadow chasers.

What is your take on our reality that isn't shadow chasing?

Matty

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2015, 09:03:27 AM »
very intereting.

I like your thinking. I had a spiritual awakening a few years ago, but I decided to not go deeper on that path, as I felt alone in that situation, with something that I just couldn't handle. I felt vulnerable. I'm not sure how to word it correctly (not a native english speaker), but from the small glimpse of ''truth'' I perceived from everyday situations, I saw that everything is deeply interwined. The world around us speaks to us everyday, sometimes it's subtle, sometimes it's almost overwhelming. As you said, we don't have to reach for the stars to ''get'' this.

dope stuff man, i agree that it can get a bit overwhelming and even dangerous without some type of guidance or framework to interpret what's going on, if and when you go down that path. especially if you're sensitive and have 'talents' (seems that way) things can get very strange very fast. but i'd argue there's nothing more rewarding and as a creative person it expands our potential in all kinds of profound ways. i posted some stuff about meditation and buddhist teachings in another thread, but PM me if you're interested cause i think the source/teacher i've encountered is the most relatable and insightful in the western world for this type of thing.

the simulation definitely makes sense in that the same rules apply to all of us, but our experience of it differs drastically depending on our existing conditioning. a good analogy might be a MMO videogame where everyone is in the same game world with the same overall restrictions, but people are at different levels and have different abilities depending on their class or how much training they've done. the people at higher levels would also be able to play the game in higher resolution, 5.1 sound, lower latency etc. they might be able to travel to different areas too. this all applies to the real world where what distinguishes these 'higher level' would be a sign of mind purification - less attachment to ego. they don't need to think as much because of the increased access to unfiltered information - perception of feelings. it's a very different experience for them, the overall truth being it is just a game, we are just characters and given the amount of people getting stressed out the best thing might be to help those guys enjoy it too. the highest level is the one where you can literally see the code for yourself (in our universe it's impermanence) then all ideas about what's going on break down and special abilities arise, things that appear to be cheats. this is an actual thing too, just it's way beyond what most of us can imagine.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 09:16:38 AM by Matty »

jeanmiche777

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2015, 09:18:05 AM »
very intereting.

dope stuff man, i agree that it can get a bit overwhelming and even dangerous without some type of guidance or framework to interpret what's going on, if and when you go down that path. especially if you're sensitive and have 'talents' (seems that way) things can get very strange very fast. but i'd argue there's nothing more rewarding and as a creative person it expands our potential in all kinds of profound ways. i posted some stuff about meditation and buddhist teachings in another thread, but PM me if you're interested cause i think the source/teacher i've encountered is the most relatable and insightful in the western world for this type of thing.

the simulation definitely makes sense in that the same rules apply to all of us, but our experience of it differs drastically depending on our existing conditioning. a good analogy might be a MMO videogame where everyone is in the same game world with the same overall restrictions, but people are at different levels and have different abilities depending on their class or how much training they've done. the people at higher levels would also be able to play the game in higher resolution, 5.1 sound, lower latency etc. they might be able to travel to different areas too. this all applies to the real world where what distinguishes these 'higher level' would be a sign of mind purification - less attachment to ego. they don't need to think as much because of the increased access to unfiltered information - perception of feelings. it's a very different experience for them, the overall truth being it is just a game, we are just characters and given the amount of people getting stressed out the best thing might be to help those guys enjoy it too. the highest level is the one where you can actually literally see the code for yourself (in our universe it's impermanence) then all ideas about what's going on break down and truly special abilities arise, things that appear to be cheats. this seems to be an actual thing too, just it's way beyond what most of us can imagine.

I like the analogy. Thanks for the offer, but I'll have to pass for now. I still have some bad habits to work on before I can get into this type of mental state, I just don't feel stable enough yet. Just out of curiousity, who is that teacher? I read a few book by Matthieu Ricard, really enjoyed them and your thinking seems to be in line with a lot of his teachings.

Heinz

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2015, 09:50:29 AM »
simulation (n.)

Shadow chasers.

Spiritual sincerity.

jeanmiche777

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2015, 10:05:34 AM »
simulation (n.)

Shadow chasers.

Spiritual sincerity.

Deep.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2015, 10:29:52 AM »
interesting.. but something seems a bit suspicious about this thread
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

jeanmiche777

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2015, 10:39:20 AM »
interesting.. but something seems a bit suspicious about this thread

The reddit thread or this one? What do you mean?

Heinz

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2015, 10:47:40 AM »

Thanks for the offer, but I'll have to pass for now. I still have some bad habits to work on before I can get into this type of mental state, I just don't feel stable enough yet.

Props for that mature and honest answer to Matty's offer.

If you feel like reading a profound book this is one of my spiritual/philosophical favorites, Tao Te Ching (D.C. Lau translation):

http://terebess.hu/english/tao/lau.html

Or buy yourself the nice hardcover copy:

http://www.amazon.ca/Tao-Te-Ching-Lao-Tzu/dp/0679433163/ref=sr_1_1_twi_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1421692212&sr=1-1&keywords=d.c.+lau+tao+te+ching

Not sure if a good french translation exists (probably does) but the D.C.Lau one is my favorite English translation.

Desert Lord

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2015, 10:51:06 AM »
very intereting.

the simulation definitely makes sense in that the same rules apply to all of us, but our experience of it differs drastically depending on our existing conditioning. a good analogy might be a MMO videogame where everyone is in the same game world with the same overall restrictions, but people are at different levels and have different abilities depending on their class or how much training they've done. the people at higher levels would also be able to play the game in higher resolution, 5.1 sound, lower latency etc. they might be able to travel to different areas too. this all applies to the real world where what distinguishes these 'higher level' would be a sign of mind purification - less attachment to ego. they don't need to think as much because of the increased access to unfiltered information - perception of feelings. it's a very different experience for them, the overall truth being it is just a game, we are just characters and given the amount of people getting stressed out the best thing might be to help those guys enjoy it too. the highest level is the one where you can literally see the code for yourself (in our universe it's impermanence) then all ideas about what's going on break down and special abilities arise, things that appear to be cheats. this is an actual thing too, just it's way beyond what most of us can imagine.

sounds very interesting, can you pm some more about it?