Author Topic: If you had one wish....  (Read 1526 times)

Sccit

Re: If you had one wish....
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2015, 02:56:31 PM »
Is it that you think we as human beings do not deserve to be alive/continue living and having a vasectomy is your way of manifesting your view?
Please expound on what you feel is your moral obligation and who/what benefits from it.

Who could judge another person's right to live, really? And as individuals people are mostly ignorant not evil. But since we're not a natural part of our environment anymore i.e. aren't confined by the environment's limitations, as a species we are a plague. Even the people born in less favorable regions are directly impacted by my regular day-to-day life. Homo homini lupus.

I'm at peace with my role in this play but having children would seem slightly inconsequent, regarding my views. Plus I got limited time on this earth and I'd rather spend it with real people than on the prospect of... yeah, what exactly? Besides the natural urge to reproduce, inherent in every living thing, what good reasons are there for having kids?

so you don't believe in God?

Heinz

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2015, 02:03:15 AM »

Who could judge another person's right to live, really? And as individuals people are mostly ignorant not evil. But since we're not a natural part of our environment anymore i.e. aren't confined by the environment's limitations, as a species we are a plague. Even the people born in less favorable regions are directly impacted by my regular day-to-day life. Homo homini lupus.

I'm at peace with my role in this play but having children would seem slightly inconsequent, regarding my views. Plus I got limited time on this earth and I'd rather spend it with real people than on the prospect of... yeah, what exactly? Besides the natural urge to reproduce, inherent in every living thing, what good reasons are there for having kids?

Thank you for your reply Fraxxx.

It may seem like our actions are having plague like effects but I think it is a step towards a greater consciousness to be more aware.
It is not like it couldn't easily be reversed if people set their minds to it. Like you said people are mostly ignorant. No one is really evil.
Our potential is so great and being an optimist I see these dark times as a catalyst for light to break through and for us to really prosper.
Call it spiritual evolution if you like, a glorious one too I might add :)

Raising a child is the realest and most intimate personal experience I have had in my life.
There probably isn't a good reason to have a child unless you are deeply thankful for your own life and have a life partner/wife that you truly love.
Then a child becomes a natural expression of that bond and a manifestation of it, ideally anyway. An important link in our spiritual evolution, just like you are.
It might sound like a cliche but your perspective and awareness of the world change when you have a child.
Optimally you get less egotistical and learn a few valuable things regarding love (and it's adversary).
If it all matters in the end? I believe so.

Gratitude is the key.

Jack Trippa 3z company ho

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2015, 12:30:06 PM »
There are definite changes that I have noticed when my close friends have had babies, relatives, etc.

I have also read that both men and women experience chemical changes in the brain after they have a child.

I do believe it is an important aspect of our spiritual growth to reproduce and go through that experience.

As for the wish...I'd wish that the overall amount of suffering in the world be reduced by 25%. Suffering is important to spiritual growth as well, and is why we have so much of it in this current experience. I just think it would be nice if it was maybe like 25% toned down. It gets kind of hectic at times.

Heinz

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2015, 01:51:27 PM »

As for the wish...I'd wish that the overall amount of suffering in the world be reduced by 25%. Suffering is important to spiritual growth as well, and is why we have so much of it in this current experience. I just think it would be nice if it was maybe like 25% toned down. It gets kind of hectic at times.

Don't be a sucker for comfort J!
Jokes aside I think everything is going according to plan and I am happy to be alive in these days.
"A fool considers his blessings a curse, and a wise man his curses a blessing".