Author Topic: Doggumentary 4 years later  (Read 1491 times)

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
Doggumentary 4 years later
« on: January 29, 2015, 01:38:31 PM »
Used to find this album okay, but gave it another spin today, good ass album! Very funky smooth ish (for the.most part)

k1000

Re: Doggumentary 4 years later
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2015, 02:00:09 PM »
yeah, i did listen to it recently and i enjoyed the ride. however, the end is totally disjointed. it starts from the damon albarn song (i love his musical work, but it doesn' fit here) until the david banner track. u have some noisy or quite boring piece of music. fortunately, the very last song is soulful and is a very nice endo song.
That being said, we have a solid funky, gangsta, weedy work from the Dogg.

Also, i dislike the Rick-Rock-produced track too.

Blood$

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2015, 02:07:14 PM »
solid album that doesn't get enough props

granted BCT was better overall people act like that was Snoop's last good effort

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2015, 02:09:50 PM »
Yeah Doggumentary was too long, but as I listened to it felt as if Snoop tried to please everyone with it, from his core to his new fans...hence the outro song ; saying that he has paid his dues

Will_B

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2015, 02:20:26 PM »
Decent album I've always given its props

Sccit

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2015, 04:12:53 PM »
it's alright, had a few good tracks but mostly filler

7 days of funk shits on it

soopa-man

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2015, 06:02:01 PM »
It has some fucking real strong tracks the first three gel and blend so will from the intro to the way it used to be, and the track about him in jail produced by mr Porter and then the smoothness of what it do? With uncle chucc it just was really drowned by the commercial singles he should have used Kush as his single as it came out around the same time and Dre never used it. The platinum song was weak and so was the tpain one, I even listen to the track with Willie Nelson and gorillaz but those two really bore you

doggfather

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2015, 03:26:06 AM »
it's alright, had a few good tracks but mostly filler

7 days of funk shits on it
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Desert Lord

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2015, 04:55:26 AM »
toyz n the hood - dope
the way life used to be - dope
my own way - dope
wonder what it do - dope ...still remember that i thought that we would finally get a solid new snoop album again after the first four songs..lol
my fucn house - unlistenable
peer pressure - dope
i don't need no bitch - dope...snoop shines on this and he and devin always make a good collabo
platinum - poor...another attempt to kiss mainstreams ass
boom - trash
we rest n cali - dope
el lay - good
gang bank rookie - dope
this weed i mine - dope
wet - trash
take u home - dope
sumthin like this night - not bad, i'm actually cool with it being on the album
superman - also not bad...why not trying to make something different sometimes
eyez closed - sounds like a leftover from kanye or something..snoop sounds uninspired...could have been a solid track but sounds really half-assed
raised in tha hood - ok..monotonous but not that bad
it's d only thang - the chorus is ridiculous ..was expecting something better from a snoop/banner collabo. beat is ok
cold game - dope

so over all a mixture of good shit and absolute trash...makes it hard to listen to it entirely..
but if you would take all the wack tracks from the album it would be a good album actually .. a lot of wasted great/good track anyhow

Mr. Theo

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2015, 05:25:12 AM »
toyz n the hood - dope
my own way - dope
wonder what it do - dope ...still remember that i thought that we would finally get a solid new snoop album again after the first four songs..lol
peer pressure - dope
i don't need no bitch - dope...snoop shines on this and he and devin always make a good collabo
boom - trash
we rest n cali - dope
el lay - good
gang bank rookie - dope
this weed i mine - dope
wet - trash
take u home - dope
eyez closed - sounds like a leftover from kanye or something..snoop sounds uninspired...could have been a solid track but sounds really half-assed
it's d only thang - the chorus is ridiculous ..was expecting something better from a snoop/banner collabo. beat is ok
cold game - dope

so over all a mixture of good shit and absolute trash...makes it hard to listen to it entirely..
but if you would take all the wack tracks from the album it would be a good album actually .. a lot of wasted great/good track anyhow

6/10...some trash tracks in this.

Snoop "Bush" fantasy lineup producers :  Dam Funk - Quik - Warren - Scoop - Mr porter - Battlecat + Terrace + Teddy Riley = CLASSIC!!

I GOT A BOMBB!!

One person connected with Snoop and Geffen Records ( Snoop label in 08' ) tells me that Robin Thicke and Snoop - It's In The Morning beat..is a Ego Trippin leftover...and this is a QDT production ( Quik - Dogg - Teddy ), the person tells me Quik and Riley did it in studio together.
But Interscope only give Teddy Riley credit on the Robin Thicke album..

interesting,Jimmy Iovine sabotaging Quik again...

That beat is Fly!!!!!!! always suspected that Quik was involved in this!! EDIT: 0:09 mark and continues ( Quik singnature Fandango horns )

the track:
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 05:28:08 AM by Mr. Theo »

KASHIF N' QUIK   MY FAVORITES MUSICIANS ALL TIME #RIPKASHIF

Desert Lord

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2015, 05:40:10 AM »
toyz n the hood - dope
my own way - dope
peer pressure - dope
boom - trash
we rest n cali - dope
el lay - good
gang bank rookie - dope
this weed i mine - dope
wet - trash
take u home - dope
cold game - dope

Snoop "Bush" fantasy lineup producers :  Dam Funk - Quik - Warren - Scoop - Mr porter - Battlecat + Terrace + Teddy Riley = CLASSIC!!

I GOT A BOMBB!!

One person connected with Snoop and Geffen Records ( Snoop label in 08' ) tells me that Robin Thicke and Snoop - It's In The Morning beat..is a Ego Trippin leftover...and this is a QDT production ( Quik - Dogg - Teddy ), the person tells me Quik and Riley did it in studio together.

That beat is Fly!!!!!!! always suspected that Quik was involved in this!! EDIT: 0:09 mark and continues ( Quik singnature Fandango horns )

the track:

yeah, track is dope..
i would also add fredwreck, quazedelic, soopafly to your list..and i'm actually cool with pharrel/neptunes to produce a few songs...but to many producers is not good for an album imo

Mr. Theo

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2015, 05:57:48 AM »
toyz n the hood - dope
my own way - dope
peer pressure - dope
boom - trash
we rest n cali - dope
el lay - good
gang bank rookie - dope
this weed i mine - dope
wet - trash
take u home - dope
cold game - dope

I GOT A BOMBB!!

the track:

yeah, track is dope..
i would also add fredwreck, quazedelic, soopafly to your list..and i'm actually cool with pharrel/neptunes to produce a few songs...but to many producers is not good for an album imo

yeah .. i forgot these!!

i like some Neptunes shiit!!

Let's Get Blown was  :firedevil:

KASHIF N' QUIK   MY FAVORITES MUSICIANS ALL TIME #RIPKASHIF

WestSideDon

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2015, 06:59:13 AM »
toyz n the hood - dope
my own way - dope
peer pressure - dope
boom - trash
we rest n cali - dope
el lay - good
gang bank rookie - dope
this weed i mine - dope
wet - trash
take u home - dope
cold game - dope

The album is seriousley underrated, they are surely to many tracks which include 4,5 songs that are just filler/not that good. But the rest of the album is amazing, the beats were great and snoop sounded absolutely dope on them, tracks like "The Way Life Used To Be" , "My Own Way", "We Rest N Cali", "This Weed Iz Mine" and many more sound dope as fuck. He just shouldve trimmed the album down to 15,16 tracks and it wouldve been an ecellent album. But it showed that snoop still got it, many of the songs here rank among his finest work in the last years...

k1000

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2015, 10:56:40 AM »
He just shouldve trimmed the album down to 15,16 tracks.

Will_B

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2015, 11:47:36 AM »
I guess I'm in the minority here but I like the club tracks n shit on here, even My Fuccin House gets play. But then I don't bother to listen to any album I need to skip tracks to get through. Life's Too $hort for weak sauce