Author Topic: Turk Plans $1.3 Lawsuit Against Cash Money Records  (Read 237 times)

CORREA

Turk Plans $1.3 Lawsuit Against Cash Money Records
« on: February 06, 2015, 07:19:10 PM »
Just over a week after news broke that Lil Wayne plans to file a $51 million lawsuit against Cash Money Records, former Hot Boys rapper Turk is now also planning his own suit against the label.

Turk is seeking $1.3 million in damages for being swindled out of his royalties, according to TMZ. Similar to Weezy's request, Turk is also looking for a handover of the rights to his music recorded on the label and TMZ reports "shady accounting" on the part of Birdman and Cash Money as the source of Turk's discontent.

In 2013, Turk opened up to HipHopDX about his then-status with the label and feeling like he was taken advantage of early in his career.

"I felt like I got the short end of the stick on my deal when I was younger," he said. "But now I know. People die from a lack of knowledge. When we don’t know, we got to suffer for that. So I felt like that was my trials and tribulations for me to go through that to make me into the person that I am today. Some people might call it ruthless and hard. But, it’s business.

"It’s just like my album, Blame It on the System, somewhere down the line you gotta draw the line and take responsibility," he added. "A person gotta answer for they actions. Me, would I do somebody the way Baby did? No, I wouldn’t. If I came up with a person, and I know rightfully something is theirs, yeah, I’ma make sure that everything is everything."

doggfather

Re: Turk Plans $1.3 Lawsuit Against Cash Money Records
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2015, 02:12:03 AM »
Good luck for him.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2015, 11:33:04 AM »
this'll be settled and then turk will get black balled down south

b.laden

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2015, 06:24:16 AM »
i hope he get his money ..Turk , BG, Juvey, Mannie made cash money records

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2015, 11:09:05 AM »
i hope he get his money ..Turk , BG, Juvey, Mannie made cash money records

technically UNLV made Cash Money because without UNLV's sales they never would have been signed to Universal

Juvenile blew cash money up with Ha and Back that ass up

bouli77

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2015, 11:40:54 AM »
it wasn't their sales that got them signed to Universal, it was Wendy Day's negotiating skills and hustle. none of the releases pre-Universal had sold more than 25,000 units. at that time, it was not a lot of records. if you compare, Sick Wid It and No Limit were selling close to or over 100,000 per release out west independently (before Sick Wid It signed with Jive and No Limit with priority, a deal, which was also brokered by Wendy Day).

Blood$

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2015, 01:02:07 PM »
I doubt Turk will get anything out of this, maybe a small out of court settlement from Bird at most but this is basically on him for not being aware of his contractual obligations while being signed or having lawyers/accountants make sure everything was straight while he was locked down for 9 years

best of luck to him and Wayne though I'd love to see somebody finally stick Stunna for his paper lol

b.laden

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2015, 01:33:36 AM »
it wasn't their sales that got them signed to Universal, it was Wendy Day's negotiating skills and hustle. none of the releases pre-Universal had sold more than 25,000 units. at that time, it was not a lot of records. if you compare, Sick Wid It and No Limit were selling close to or over 100,000 per release out west independently (before Sick Wid It signed with Jive and No Limit with priority, a deal, which was also brokered by Wendy Day).

i dont think ..Cash money was big in new orleans as a independant label ..Hot Boys , UNLV and so
baby and Slim said they made a lot of money with the first hot boyz and the first big tymers album ..
BG was famous around 1996 1998  in Louisiana and before universal ..oh yeah unversal make it for the teens in europe or new york but the BG, juvey, mannie, turk and big tymers already made it