Author Topic: Kendrick Lamar, Eminem, Pharrell & Jay Z Among Hip Hop’s 2015 Grammy AwardWinner  (Read 836 times)

Will_B

and snoop never won a grammy, am i right?

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
List of all the winners and should have won for Grammys Rap Album of the Year. I wouldn't even get performance of the year, as they never nominated the best songs and the winners were shit like Bust a Move or Thrift Shop and rap song of the year came from best rap solo performance which include Baby Got Back and Men in Black. So to do songs or performance, that would give me a migraine. So I will only do albums.

Won - Naughty by Nature - Poverty's Paradise
Should have won - 2Pac - Me Against the World

Won - The Fugees - The Score
Should have won - 2Pac - All Eyez On Me (not even nominated, Nas - It Was Written, Ghostface - Iron Man and Outkask - ATLiens)

Won - Puff Daddy - No Way Out
Should have won - The Notorious B.I.G. - Life After Death

Won - Jay-Z - Hardknock Life Vol. 2
Should have won - OutKast - Aquemini (not even nominated, DMX - It's Dark and Hell is Hot)

Won - Eminem - The Slim Shady LP
Should have won - (actually, not a bad pick, I'd still go with...) The Roots - Things Fall Apart

Won - Eminem - The Marshal Mathers LP
Should have won - Dr. Dre - 2001

Won - Outkask - Stankonia
Should have won - (not a bad chose, but you could argue...) Jay-Z - Blueprint

Won - Eminem - The Eminem Show
Should have won - (not a bad chose, but you could argue this album which wasn't nominated...) Nas - Stillmatic

Won - Outkast - Speakerboxxx/The Love Below
Should have won - right call (but Snoop Dogg - Paid tha Cost to Be da Boss wasn't nominated and might have been the best chance to win)

Won - Kanye West - College Dropout
Should have won - right call

Won - Kanye West - Late Registration
Should have won - (close but I would have gone with...) Common - Be

Won - Ludacris - Release Therapy (really?)
Should have won - T.I. – King (easy)

Won - Kanye West - Graduation
Should have won - Nas - Hip-Hop Is Dead

Won - Lil Wayne - The Carter III

Won - Eminem - Relapse (really)
Should have won - I guess commercial rap sucked, because I would have picked this album which was not nominated...) Raekwon - Only Built 4 Cuban Linx... Pt. II

Won - Eminem - Recovery
Should have won - (the whole year was weak as hell... maybe...) B.o.B Presents: The Adventures of Bobby Ray

Won - Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

Won - Drake - Take Care
Should have won - right call, year was really weak

Won - Macklemore and Ryan Lewis - The Heist (a fitting title)
Should have won - Kendrick Lamar - Good Kid, M.A.A.D City

Won - Eminem - The Marshall Mathers LP 2
Should have won - (A much better year... and I'd go with...) Common - Nobody's Smiling
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 02:24:42 PM by M Dogg™ »

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
and snoop never won a grammy, am i right?

So many tracks Snoop could have won with. I don't even want to touch on all the tracks that robbed and the artist that should have won. If Snoop ain't won one for at least a song (I understand album of the year, Doggystyle pre-dates Rap Aibum of the Year) then a Grammy don't mean shit.....

Matty

grammys = industry circlejerk, so hillariously out of touch with art.

Sccit

List of all the winners and should have won for Grammys Rap Album of the Year. I wouldn't even get performance of the year, as they never nominated the best songs and the winners were shit like Bust a Move or Thrift Shop and rap song of the year came from best rap solo performance which include Baby Got Back and Men in Black. So to do songs or performance, that would give me a migraine. So I will only do albums.

Should have won - 2Pac - All Eyez On Me (not even nominated, Nas - It Was Written, Ghostface - Iron Man and Outkask - ATLiens)

Should have won - OutKast - Aquemini (not even nominated, DMX - It's Dark and Hell is Hot)

Should have won - (actually, not a bad pick, I'd still go with...) The Roots - Things Fall Apart

Should have won - (not a bad chose, but you could argue this album which wasn't nominated...) Nas - Stillmatic

Should have won - right call (but Snoop Dogg - Paid tha Cost to Be da Boss wasn't nominated and might have been the best chance to win)

Should have won - I guess commercial rap sucked, because I would have picked this album which was not nominated...) Raekwon - Only Built 4 Cuban Linx... Pt. II

Won - Eminem - Recovery
Should have won - (the whole year was weak as hell... maybe...) B.o.B Presents: The Adventures of Bobby Ray

Won - Drake - Take Care

Should have won - (A much better year... and I'd go with...) Common - Nobody's Smiling

NICE LIST, BUT "2001" CAME OUT IN '99

bouli77

Won - Eminem - Recovery

Won - Drake - Take Care

NICE LIST, BUT "2001" CAME OUT IN '99

yeah but in late 2001 and it spawned singles which made the albums relevant in the charts until 2001, it's not unusual for albums released 2 years prior to get a grammy, that's what MMLP2 did just last weekend.

Sccit

^TRUE

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
I went with the year 2001 was nominated. It was released late 1999, so it basically was a 2000 release for the Grammys.

Hack Wilson - real

these debates are stupid

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
these debates are stupid

Yeah, but sometimes you need stupid debate.

Blood$

don't get me wrong Outkast was massive in '03 but honestly 50 Cent should have gotten the Grammy in '04

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
don't get me wrong Outkast was massive in '03 but honestly 50 Cent should have gotten the Grammy in '04

Maybe. At the time I would agree. Now, but Snoop's album also should have gotten considered.

Blood$

Maybe. At the time I would agree. Now, but Snoop's album also should have gotten considered.

no doubt... all this reminds me of fucking 6th grade lol when "Beautiful" and "P.I.M.P." were all out at like the same time

I recall 50 being pretty big for basically the entire year from when the album dropped all the way up until the winter and I don't remember hearing the Outkast ish until a little later on in late 03 - early 04

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!

no doubt... all this reminds me of fucking 6th grade lol when "Beautiful" and "P.I.M.P." were all out at like the same time

I recall 50 being pretty big for basically the entire year from when the album dropped all the way up until the winter and I don't remember hearing the Outkast ish until a little later on in late 03 - early 04

Yeah, 50 Cent not winning though doesn't surprise me though because the Grammys seems to favor more "artist" type music.

So yeah, but some albums not even being nominated, like Nas, was kind of interesting. Also, I love how Kanye just dominated the Grammys for a huge chunk of time. Not surprising, I feel like he tailored his music for Grammy voters, even later. He knew exactly what Grammy voters were looking for and he went with it. Another thing, except for Iggy, if a white person is nominated the year you are, history shows that you're shit out of luck. Only one Eminem album didn't win a Grammy. So yeah, crazy shit.

Mr. Theo

Yeah .. Kendrick is like..Drake put a stick in your ass!!  hahahahhaa

KASHIF N' QUIK   MY FAVORITES MUSICIANS ALL TIME #RIPKASHIF