Author Topic: T.I. Explains Why Iggy Azalea Will Win The Grammy For Best Rap Album  (Read 1144 times)

CORREA

T.I. has a bold (and bias) prediction of who he thinks will take home the golden gramophone for the Best Rap album at the 57th annual Grammy Awards.

On Friday (February 6), Tip held a private show at the Sayers Club in Hollywood, CA to kick off Grammy weekend. Before he hit the stage, the Grand Hustle Records founder told HipHopDX that he's rooting for his own artist to win at the award show on Sunday night.

"I'm pro Iggy," he said, before explaining his answer. "Off the list, that's the only one that has benefited my campaign. I'm rockin' with who's rockin' with me."

T.I. took home two Grammys at the 2007 award show and another in 2009. He's been nominated over a dozen times as well, but he still believes the voting process may be flawed.

"I don't think its enough young urban socialites on the board for us to have a clear voice," he said. "You can look at the list of people who've never won a Grammy to see that. Tupac and B.I.G. have never won a Grammy, Snoop Dogg has never won a Grammy. That kinda says a lot."

Instead of rewarding the best product or the best artist, Tip says the Grammys is "too focused on the bottom line" and the "dollars and cents."

"It's whatever is commercial is successful, and whatever plays the most on the radio, which is why I think Iggy is going to win it," he explained. "I don't think that's nothing she has to be ashamed of, that's something she should be proud of."

CORREA

Re: T.I. Explains Why Iggy Azalea Will Win The Grammy For Best Rap Album
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2015, 11:14:49 PM »
lmao ;D

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2015, 07:25:52 AM »
real talk from the king as usual.  8)
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Blood$

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2015, 08:16:29 AM »
LOL at Iggy (who is already hot garbage and undeserving of a nomination let alone a Grammy) being beaten by Eminem who's album was not only trash but dropped in 2013  :-[  :laugh:  :P

another L for her and TIP

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2015, 08:20:52 AM »
LOL at Iggy (who is already hot garbage and undeserving of a nomination let alone a Grammy) being beaten by Eminem who's album was not only trash but dropped in 2013  :-[  :laugh:  :P

how is that an L ? t.i. got 3 grammys himself...
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

CORREA

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2015, 08:25:29 AM »
real talk from the king as usual.  8)

you mean king of Atlanta

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Blood$

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2015, 08:39:08 AM »

he was so confident that she would win and clearly spoke way too highly too soon, he said it himself that she is a representation of him, his brand, and "campaign"

maybe next year (or not)

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2015, 09:10:03 AM »

he was so confident that she would win and clearly spoke way too highly too soon, he said it himself that she is a representation of him, his brand, and "campaign"

maybe next year (or not)
she's his artist. shouldn't he want her to win ? tbh I was hopin' she'd win to piss the haters off even more but part of me is glad she didn't win...it woulda definitely sent the wrong message.

Blood$

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2015, 09:18:21 AM »
LOL at Iggy (who is already hot garbage and undeserving of a nomination let alone a Grammy) being beaten by Eminem who's album was not only trash but dropped in 2013  :-[  :laugh:  :P

maybe next year (or not)
she's his artist. shouldn't he want her to win ? tbh I was hopin' she'd win to piss the haters off even more but part of me is glad she didn't win...it woulda definitely sent the wrong message.

I understand the whole she's his artist part lol but yeah it's better off that she didn't win cuz she's not hip-hop but at the same time Eminem was far less deserving for the fact he dropped that frisbee in 2013

for the nominees in that category it should have went to Q or Common, no doubt

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2015, 09:33:55 AM »
LOL at Iggy (who is already hot garbage and undeserving of a nomination let alone a Grammy) being beaten by Eminem who's album was not only trash but dropped in 2013  :-[  :laugh:  :P

maybe next year (or not)

I understand the whole she's his artist part lol but yeah it's better off that she didn't win cuz she's not hip-hop but at the same time Eminem was far less deserving for the fact he dropped that frisbee in 2013

for the nominees in that category it should have went to Q or Common, no doubt
agreed. common should have won.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.

Sccit

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2015, 01:19:40 PM »

mmlp2 wasnt trash

Blood$

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2015, 01:23:18 PM »

mmlp2 wasnt trash

outside of the track with Kendrick and maybe 2-3 others, it most certainly was  ;D

but that's all a matter of opinion

Sccit

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2015, 01:29:42 PM »

mmlp2 wasnt trash

outside of the track with Kendrick and maybe 2-3 others, it most certainly was  ;D

but that's all a matter of opinion

there were actually some good cuts on there....much better than recovery or the new compilation he released.