Author Topic: Pro-War Supporters, Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is  (Read 163 times)

Damon X from ATL

• 'G'
  • The Black Man is God (Divine Asiatic God Allah)
Pro-War Supporters, Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is
« on: April 06, 2003, 11:58:17 AM »
Trust Fund Set For Son Of First Black War Casualty

SACOBSERVER.COM WIRE SERVICES

(Special to the NNPA) — A trust fund has been established for the 10-year-old son of slain U.S. Marine Kendall D. Waters-Bey.

Walters-Bey, a staff sergeant from Baltimore, was one of the first African-American casualties of the Iraqi war when his helicopter crashed in the Iraqi dessert.

Rep. Dutch Ruppersberger (D-Md.) told reporters that money from the trust will go to pay for the college education of Kenneth Waters-Bey. Donations can be sent to: The Harbor Bank of Maryland, 3240 Belair Road, Baltimore, Md. 21213-1228; Account No: 8100247851.

Waters-Bay was among 12 allied soldiers who died when their helicopter crashed approximately nine miles south of an Iraqi town near the Kuwait border. He was the crew chief of the CH-46 Sea Knight, a bus-shaped helicopter with twin rotors used to fly troops to forward positions. The helicopter was returning from a mission when it when it crashed, in an apparent accident. The cause of the crash is still under investigation.

Funeral arrangements have not been made.

Based at Camp Pendleton in California, the last time his family had seen him was Thanksgiving. He had been living there with his wife of 11 months, Angela, who serves in the Navy.

"I'm devastated," Michael Waters-Bey, the Marine's father, told reporters. "He was my only son, my oldest child."

Reports say the Vietnam War-era aircraft had been plagued with mechanical difficulties.

"It's all for nothing. That war could have been prevented," his sister, Michelle Waters told reporters, as tears ran down her cheeks. Now we’re out of a brother. Bush is not out of a brother. We are."

Waters-Bey is survived his father, his wife, Belinda Waters-Bey of San Diego, Calif.; two other sisters, Sharita Waters-Bey and Nakia Waters; and his son, Kenneth.

"I'm feeling sad now because my father is gone and I won't see him again," Kenneth, who is in the fifth grade, told reporters.

Kenneth was sent to live with his father in San Diego last Thanksgiving. He returned to Baltimore to live with his mother when Waters-Bey received orders to go to Kuwait in February.

"He wanted to do something positive to take care of his son. I want President Bush to get a good look at this, really good look here," said Michael as he held a photo of his son. "This is the only son I had, only son."

www.abvdlaw.com
Official Website of Above The Law

KING VerbalAssaulta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:Pro-War Supporters, Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2003, 12:16:55 PM »
 ;D

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
Re:Pro-War Supporters, Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2003, 12:31:25 PM »
Yet the same thing happens to any race. It not like it was a draft. He enlisted into the military. There are certainly ways to get out of a draft like an appeal against the Selective Services board that you are morally against the war. It seems like he wanted to go fight.. Its not like they drug him against his will to Kuwait.