Author Topic: 02-20-2015: RadioTube! Cosigns everything Geraldo said about Hip Hop #Stamp  (Read 656 times)

Free Suge Knight, Gucci Mane, & BShmurda Welcome Home Tray D

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: 02-20-2015: RadioTube! Cosigns everything Geraldo said about Hip Hop #Stamp
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2015, 02:23:27 PM »
Will, no offense but I don't need to watch a cute little documentary on MY People's culture to draw out differences and hypocrisies, I'm in it everyday.  I embody the same thing you revolve your life around.  Whether it's musically or politically and everything between and around the Sun

Also, be honest.  There's differences between Whites & Blacks.  Wat u perceive as foolishness could be perceived as survival to me, Wat u perceive as Taboo could be perceived as Tradition to me (like sagging your pants)

Let's have an open and honest discussion on the shit without the side shows.  We know your people weren't subjected to the type of mind fuckery and harsh conditions as mines.  We know it hasn't ever been the same, never..... well in "modern history" anyway.  I still have a different perspective on that considering things like The Crusades and yada yada yada....But that's a different Thread :-\
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 02:27:24 PM by Free Suge Knight, Gucci Mane, & BShmurda Welcome Home Tray D »

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2015, 02:24:30 PM »
It's okay to speak your mind this time.  I'm not on attack mode unless you want me to be.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2015, 02:40:40 PM »
yada yada yada....

When your ego shrinks to a manageable size, watch the video (not a documentary).

If you think you know all the answers then why ask a question.

If you're here just to hold court then this thread just got :monkey_piss: and i'll delete my comments so I don't get updates every time you post something to yourself

Intimidated already William?

The video isn't for me.  i don't lack the intellectual capacity to even begin to need to hear a context or an argument on that issue.  If I'm not mistaken I think I've made several references to it in the past.  Like the many sub-genres that exist today (OvO, 300, YMCMB, etc).  And also the video is also irrelevant to the bigger picture.

If you're just looking for bragging rights to say "I understand Black People & I'm down for the struggle" then you'll have to do better than tell me to watch a documentary on something I already know about when I'm not the one with the issue who for the most part doesn't understand the difference between Right and Wrong

Lil' Snupe should've watched the video when he was 8 and maybe he'd still be here.  Lil Mouse could've been taking Howard University prep courses this weekend instead of in the studio influencing his peers to be rebels and go against their own kind for Street Fame.

William.  I'm not trying to make this just another Thread.  All voices are welcomed, even Cham's wiggnigger ass.  It's okay to say wat u want just as long as it's honest
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 02:46:02 PM by Free Suge Knight, Gucci Mane, & BShmurda Welcome Home Tray D »

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2015, 02:50:41 PM »
It took me all of 22-23 years to end my obsession with wanting to be the biggest cocaine dealer in the world.  I still have a certain affinity for the idea. 

Something isn't right about that

CORREA

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2015, 07:07:44 PM »
lol go get help your talking to yourself mane ;)

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2015, 05:44:47 AM »
I get what you're saying about society

but in music terms you maybe haven't made the connection, but I think you're talking about rap vs hip-hop

Hip-Hop music and the original culture was never about this.

Watch a little of this and I think you'll find some peace

I get it.  I know more about this genre than all of you.  Realistically

But children don't know the difference.  That's the issue.  The culture threw me for a loop when I was a baby too.
the labels push what the people support...when niggas start standin' behind the roots, common, talib, and others who have a message instead of the bullshit that plagues mtv, bet, and the radio these days that's when shit will change.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2015, 09:51:37 AM »

but in music terms you maybe haven't made the connection, but I think you're talking about rap vs hip-hop

But children don't know the difference.  That's the issue.  The culture threw me for a loop when I was a baby too.
the labels push what the people support...when niggas start standin' behind the roots, common, talib, and others who have a message instead of the bullshit that plagues mtv, bet, and the radio these days that's when shit will change.

Believe half of wat u see and none of wat u hear

If the teenage unemployment rate is high then where are they getting these extra dollars to purchase songs for $1 or more a piece?  It simply doesn't add up in the grand scheme of things.   Not only that, The culture itself has a heavy shadow of Sex, Violence, Genocide, & Drug Use.  So even if you despise Young Jeezy you still know who he is and wat he represents.  Not only that, you pretty much have no choice but to listen to him once you put your phone down or log off the computer

Sccit

« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2015, 01:39:43 PM »
lol@will deleting his replies in here

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2015, 05:32:44 PM »

Believe half of wat u see and none of wat u hear

If the teenage unemployment rate is high then where are they getting these extra dollars to purchase songs for $1 or more a piece?  It simply doesn't add up in the grand scheme of things.   Not only that, The culture itself has a heavy shadow of Sex, Violence, Genocide, & Drug Use.  So even if you despise Young Jeezy you still know who he is and wat he represents.  Not only that, you pretty much have no choice but to listen to him once you put your phone down or log off the computer
teenage unemployment ? most teens would be in school I'd hope. as far as the sex, drugs, violence, and genocide: those things been around way before hip hop started. these parents today are doin' a terrible job raising their kids we can't blame hip hop for the decisions some people choose to make.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2015, 06:59:06 PM »
Children never really listened to their Parents like they "should".  It's not just a Millennial Generation thing.  Couple that with Reagan committing Treason by dumping Crack in the Black Community then on top of that, The mere obstacles of Racism and Prejudice then you really got a fucked up situation.

This isn't a White/Black/America thing, it's most definitely a Black People thing.  The sooner we stop denying ourselves that the sooner we get past one of our many Mental Humps. 

Black People in America are a totally Conflicted Race period.  We've deliberately been brainwashed in so many ways that it's very hard to pick out just one source. 

I used to go along with the whole "it's just entertainment" thing out of spite just becuz I wanted to hear and see the madness continue.... And to some degree I don't want it to completely go away like it should, frankly.  But I knew it was Poison the whole time.  I knew that if I could be influenced by Penny Hardaway to become a Basketball Player or XPac to become a Professional Wrestler or Jeff Gordon to become a Nascar Driver then there's no reason why I wouldn't be influenced by Tha Dogg Pound to become a Crip or Project Pat to become a Drug Dealer.

When you're Entertained by something you're AUTOMATICALLY influenced by it in some way, shape, or form.  And usually you want to emulate it a T if not be better.  Music is no different from Sports or Politics or any other setting with potential Role Models.  Just becuz Cube & T said they weren't Role Models doesn't mean that they weren't

The white man is smart, he got game even if he don't have our natural rhythms & demeanors.  Why, becuz Power is Game.  I mean you might be able to literally fuck 10 different beautiful women for free on any given night but when u go home and u have to go to sleep on a 15 year old King Size Bed in an apartment with bills out tha ass and you whippin a 10-11 year old car/truck then wat does it really mean.... Especially if you have multiple children who don't live with Both parents.  Sure you can make the best of it but why settle for Second Place when you can take the championship?  When you weigh the Pros and Cons surely one is better than the other

Hip Hop whether you'd like to admit it or not doesn't teach that.  Sure you got your Kendricks out there but he says "nigga" alot just like J Cole does and that word puts you in an awkward place when you're around outsiders (whites, Indians, etc) and then it also puts you in a "Niggerish $tate of Mind" when you're listening to it by yourself or with friends and family.  So in the end their music is really no different than YG's or Gucci Mane's or even Eazy-E's. 

You might not want to accept that but it's the truth.  Hip Hop keeps Black People psychologically enslaved.  It's actually a pretty sophisticated and aggressive tool used by certain People in positions of power to keep the masses, not just certain individuals on one accord, even if some are smart enough to recognize it.

Black People really are helpless.  Not hopeless but definitely helpless.  I'm not a defeated Negro but as a whole I know my People are fucked.  We talk about bussin guns all the time but everybody's scared to get shot.  Especially for something righteous

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2015, 07:22:16 PM »
Realistically that's just where they want us.... Helpless but not Hopeless, it keeps us from being stagnant and it keeps us looking for handouts.  And if we don't get that handout from them we'll commit Genocide and Treason against our own just to get it.  And if we go after other minorities to get it we just box ourselves in even more becuz for the most part we can't even trust our own Black Neighbors.

Plus it looks good Politically on an International level.  You can't be bombing other Countries talking about fighting for freedom but yet you got Pookie n'dem picking cotton and getting castrated on a farm in your own backyard or right down the street from where you stay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2015, 06:14:45 AM »
Niggers have been under psychological warfare since 1964, that's why to alot of outsiders we seem backwards.  It's becuz we are becuz we've been designed that way on purpose.  We're human so we have human error inside of us but we also have oppression on a psychological level so we're even more fucked up.

Hip Hop culture and it's music and movies are just another way to keep us at bay, trapped in the mind so we're better off dyin. 

You're not going to tell me that literally one of the most effective ways to influence/touch people [Music] doesn't do JUST THAT.  That doesn't even make any sense

This psychological warfare is a muthafucka. 

Heinz

« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2015, 08:52:45 AM »

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2015, 09:22:33 AM »
And that's literally the image we train them to be thru Hip Hop.

And I'm not for dressin all European or Super African either, I believe our style is pretty fly (alot of it anyway).  But while we train ourselves to look fashionable we're also training ourselves for this Fantasy Lifestyle that comes with it. 

It's one thing to dress like we do, I'm not mad at that.  But it's another to promote the Imaginary Fairytale Lifestyle that goes with it.  Hip Hop blurs the line sophisticatedly between Imagination and Reality and Perception of Self n Surroundings.  It's a matrix in other words.

These moguls and entrepreneurs who get/got rich off this shit won't own up to that FACT..... But Niggaz claimin they Hustlers tho.  Smh.  If you that bad of a muthafucka then gettin money elsewhere shouldn't be an issue and you shouldn't have to bow down to an outsider to get a check. 

I mean you can do ALOT with $1,000,000 and a little bit of Street Fame. 

Shout out to all u real Niggaz  ::)

Heinz

« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2015, 11:16:01 AM »
Preach.