Author Topic: Can we finally admit that Beyonce is overrated  (Read 945 times)

Free Suge Knight, Gucci Mane, & BShmurda Welcome Home Tray D

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Can we finally admit that Beyonce is overrated
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2015, 10:52:49 AM »
We as in dubcc has no problem, its getting the rest of humanity to stop giving in to the hype.

That's easy...

Just force somebody else down their throats.  You can't blame little black girls for her popularity.  They LITERALLY don't know any better unless it's a Family Member or Friend of some sort.

Beyonce is talented but she's not gifted.  Her hype is simply contrived, it's Bamboozlement.  Beyonce will be pretty irrelevant when the "next Beyonce" comes along and it's not going to be too hard to overthrow he contrived Queendom when that next Beyonce comes along. 

Unless she gets her shit in line y'all'll see in due time

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2015, 10:56:44 AM »
I really don't see why she's receiving such iconic status treatment as if she's on a Michael Jackson or Whiteney Houston level.

They media, bruh. The media convinced black people that Jay-Z & Beyonce are the equivalent to legitimate royalty.

When that same media is done with them, they'll kill Jay-Z, say Beyonce beats Blue Ivy, they'll fall into the abyss & they'll push like Big Sean & Ariana Grande as the biggest name in music.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2015, 11:07:58 AM »
I really don't see why she's receiving such iconic status treatment as if she's on a Michael Jackson or Whiteney Houston level.

They media, bruh. The media convinced black people that Jay-Z & Beyonce are the equivalent to legitimate royalty.

When that same media is done with them, they'll kill Jay-Z, say Beyonce beats Blue Ivy, they'll fall into the abyss & they'll push like Big Sean & Ariana Grande as the biggest name in music.

Even though I honestly dislike you and everything you represent.... What you said is actually pretty fuckin true

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2015, 11:08:40 AM »
And that's no conspiracy theory

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2015, 11:28:27 AM »
And visitors PLEASE don't let our non-enthusiasm for Hov and my animation fool you.  Them niggaz really ain't that great foreal.  I mean Jay could easily do a two-hour show of hits but so could alot of people who've been out for a while...  just because you didn't get your mixtape track on The Billboard Top 300 doesn't mean that you don't have a hit record lol

Heinz

« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2015, 08:34:59 AM »

Michallionaire Ent

• Lil Geezy
  • Michallionaire Ent.
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2015, 08:49:00 AM »
Overrated, yes. Got still a few songs that's aight though.

David Gutterman

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2015, 08:55:14 AM »

whahahaha epic!

Ohh and I think Beyonce is better then JayZ

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2015, 01:23:29 PM »

whahahaha epic!

Ohh and I think Beyonce is better then JayZ

Erykah Badu >>>> Beyonce

Nas >>>> Jay-Z

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2015, 08:33:41 PM »
You're right about just about everything you said about Beyonce, but I will agree with Charl on the notion that she's the biggest in music right now. But the biggest in music right now is not that big. The new album only sold about 5 mil worldwide. And its only double platinum. She's the biggest thing in music but music is so shit and watered down that the biggest thing in music can't even sell more than Daz and Kurupt could sell in 1995. The idea that Dogg Food and Beyonce's album are both certified 2x platinum says a lot about the state of music. Because when Dogg Food was released, the biggest act in music was between Hootie and Blowish and Alanis Morrisette, and both their albums pretty quickly went 16X album. That's two 16X Platinum albums that came out in 1995 alone. 1995 spawned another diamond seller with Mariah Carey's Daydream and a few more near diamond sellers like Throwing Copper.

Since 2005 only one album in the music industry has gone diamond; 2011's 21 by Adele. Its noth e world, or the economic climate, or the fans. Its the music. When an album has hits it sells, when it doesn't it doesn't. Adele wrote and recorded 4 or 5 great songs and ut them on the same album and the album went diamond,

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2015, 05:58:36 AM »
Adele doesn't have a "Purple Rain" either and she's a Pale European who mimics the Afro-American Art form so that played a factor in sales...

Tho at the same time Record Sales aren't the End All Be All.  I will agree with you tho on the fact that 5 Milli is waaaaaaay too low to be boosting her status like the way it is.  She could have atleast sold 9 Million at a minimum to have actually EARNED that type of praise.  But again, she doesn't have a "Purple Rain" or a "Thriller".

So even though we can't wholeheartedly look at Sales like we used to, to some degree huge sales in this industry for an artist of her caliber should be taken into consideration.  I'll give her her props tho becuz Shawty might be the biggest Urban Singer (along with Rihanna).  

It's just too bad she doesn't have any Soul.  Jennifer Hudson and Estelle could probably out-SING Beyonce
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 06:10:27 AM by Free Suge Knight, Gucci Mane, & BShmurda Welcome Home Tray D »

Sccit

« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2015, 03:19:24 PM »
would u eat that ass tho?

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2015, 04:54:17 PM »
Adele doesn't have a "Purple Rain" either and she's a Pale European who mimics the Afro-American Art form so that played a factor in sales...

Tho at the same time Record Sales aren't the End All Be All.  I will agree with you tho on the fact that 5 Milli is waaaaaaay too low to be boosting her status like the way it is.  She could have atleast sold 9 Million at a minimum to have actually EARNED that type of praise.  But again, she doesn't have a "Purple Rain" or a "Thriller".

So even though we can't wholeheartedly look at Sales like we used to, to some degree huge sales in this industry for an artist of her caliber should be taken into consideration.  I'll give her her props tho becuz Shawty might be the biggest Urban Singer (along with Rihanna).  

It's just too bad she doesn't have any Soul.  Jennifer Hudson and Estelle could probably out-SING Beyonce

Hits are hits. Adele is a fat, hardly attractive, British woman; not even close to the level of stardom of a Beyonce, but if Beyonce's last album had Someone Like You, Rolling in the Deep, and Rumour Has It, Beyonce would have been pushing 15 mil in te US alone. And if Adele's album had Drunk in Love and whatever other shitty Kanye produced pseudo hits it had, Adele wouldn't even have gone platinum.

21 could have easily been a Purpole Rain type album if it were released in the 80s and sung by a hot young it girl with a movie attached to it. If 21 was released in 85 by Madonna, and starred came out out with a film starring Madonna as a 21 year old girl losing love and finding it again, it would have surpassed Purple Rain in popularity and sales, not Thriller, but it would have been Madonna's greatest success. Great tunes, very catchy, and very relate-able by the masses.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2015, 05:57:11 AM »
Actually no.  You must not understand what Purple Rain was to be saying some type of wild ass shit like that

Purple Rain was placed by Goon, Lawyer, Fireman, CEO, & Entrepreneur all across the board.  Purple Rain marked an era and it still gets mad spins decades later.  Adele doesn't even get spins on Urban Radio anymore.  And that goes for Hip Hop and Soul/Jazz stations alike.

You can't simply say "because Record B sold as much as Record A that automatically makes Record B as great and as impactful as Record A", that's nonsense and an incorrect analogy.

40 years from now she'll be forgotten about, Prince on the other hand is arguably just as popular today as he was back in the days of wayback.

It's like Chris Brown said on The Breakfast Club.  [paraphrasing] White People go crazy for shit Black People do routinely if not better

« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 06:00:58 AM by Free Suge Knight, Gucci Mane, & BShmurda Welcome Home Tray D »

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2015, 08:11:17 AM »
Actually no.  You must not understand what Purple Rain was to be saying some type of wild ass shit like that

Purple Rain was placed by Goon, Lawyer, Fireman, CEO, & Entrepreneur all across the board.  Purple Rain marked an era and it still gets mad spins decades later.  Adele doesn't even get spins on Urban Radio anymore.  And that goes for Hip Hop and Soul/Jazz stations alike.

You can't simply say "because Record B sold as much as Record A that automatically makes Record B as great and as impactful as Record A", that's nonsense and an incorrect analogy.

40 years from now she'll be forgotten about, Prince on the other hand is arguably just as popular today as he was back in the days of wayback.

It's like Chris Brown said on The Breakfast Club.  [paraphrasing] White People go crazy for shit Black People do routinely if not better

Too bad Chris Brown fucking sucks. Clown wouldn't even win a Detroit High School talent show in the 1960s.

I'm sorry, but the black American male has lost his soul when it comes to Rhythm and Blues.

Prince sure as fuck had it, and had it strong, still does. No one here is arguing that Prince isn't as good as Adele, but Adele is still better than Chris Brown, Beyonce, and Rihanna combined.

Purple Rain was a tour du force; huge songs, huge videos, and a movie. 21 only had songs and still sold 11 million in the US in an era that doesn't sell that many albums. Someone Like You speaks to its fan base in ways Prince was always to abstract to be able to speak to them. I'm not arguing that 21 has better songs or Adele has more talent, but the reason why songs on that album and songs on albums like Jagged Little Pill hit those huge marks is because of well they relate to the average woman in America and the album sales follow.

I said it before and I said it, if 21 was linked to Madonna and a film it would have surpassed Purple Rain, just like Whitney did with the Bodyguard. I don't think 21 would have reached Bodyguard fame, but somewhere in between the two albums.