Author Topic: let's accept west coast hip-hop music is dead  (Read 4109 times)

Jay_J

let's accept west coast hip-hop music is dead
« on: February 24, 2015, 05:13:59 AM »
as a 30 years old west coast hip-hop music fan, i remember late 90s and early 2000s.

there were artists like dr. dre, snoop dogg, ice-cube, kurupt, daz, nate dogg, warren-g, dj quik, ice-t, xzibit, ext...

there were bands like dpg, cypress hill, 213, dilated people, eastsidaz, westside connection, ext...

there were producers like dr. dre, bud'da, fredwreck, meech wells, battlecat, jelly roll, sir jinx, ext...

they were keep making hits and releasing really classic albums. it was really exciting to wait for their new album next year.

what the fuck happened at late 2010s??? i mean these mutherfuckers are still alive and not old yet.

no new hit, no classic albums, not even an album coming out from these artists and bands.

what we have now? kendrick lamar? does it sound "west coast" to you? maybe jay rock's follow me home sounds like a real west coast shit.
can you name another west coast album that came out lately? which is worlwide sucesful? which makes west coast fans excited?

let's accept its done. we have to listen old shit or new dudes on the other sides.

r.i.p. west coast hip-hop music.

Game-Won

Re: let's accept west coast hip-hop music is dead
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2015, 05:55:29 AM »
can you name another west coast album that came out lately? which is worlwide sucesful? which makes west coast fans excited?

Ye i can Macklemore album - but g shit.. then YG - MY Krazy life from last year.. my nigga was known everywhere.

Game drops dope albums still.

West aint fuckin dead.
"I have nothing in common with lazy people who blame others for their lack of success. Great things come from hard work and perseverance. No excuses."
- Kobe

Mr. Theo

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2015, 06:05:08 AM »
Never!

West Coast vets always working..Quik,Snoop,E-40...and continues

And the new West is popping!! YG,MUSTARD,KENDRICK,JAY ROCK,DOM,WARM BREW,OVERDOZ..and continues.

This year: New Kendrick..New Rock..New Casey Veggies..New Dom..New Overdoz..New David Blake Jr..New MC Eiht..New Suga Free..New Snoop..New E-40..New Eastsidaz..

:D

KASHIF N' QUIK   MY FAVORITES MUSICIANS ALL TIME #RIPKASHIF

djole 213

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2015, 06:33:54 AM »
Never!

West Coast vets always working..Quik,Snoop,E-40...and continues

And the new West is popping!! YG,MUSTARD,KENDRICK,JAY ROCK,DOM,WARM BREW,OVERDOZ..and continues.

This year: New Kendrick..New Rock..New Casey Veggies..New Dom..New Overdoz..New David Blake Jr..New MC Eiht..New Suga Free..New Snoop..New E-40..New Eastsidaz..

:D

New King T - Act A Fool Mixtape

doggfather

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2015, 06:42:09 AM »
tash gonna release 2 albums.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

CORREA

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2015, 06:48:46 AM »
LOL @ you stuck in the 90s fucks
west coast music isn't dead the old ass washed up artist are dead  :D

HighEyeCue

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2015, 07:43:32 AM »
G-Funk may be dead but the West is not...

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2015, 08:00:35 AM »
as a 30 years old west coast hip-hop music fan, i remember late 90s and early 2000s.

there were artists like dr. dre, snoop dogg, ice-cube, kurupt, daz, nate dogg, warren-g, dj quik, ice-t, xzibit, ext...

there were bands like dpg, cypress hill, 213, dilated people, eastsidaz, westside connection, ext...

there were producers like dr. dre, bud'da, fredwreck, meech wells, battlecat, jelly roll, sir jinx, ext...

they were keep making hits and releasing really classic albums. it was really exciting to wait for their new album next year.

what the fuck happened at late 2010s??? i mean these mutherfuckers are still alive and not old yet.

no new hit, no classic albums, not even an album coming out from these artists and bands.

what we have now? kendrick lamar? does it sound "west coast" to you? maybe jay rock's follow me home sounds like a real west coast shit.

let's accept its done. we have to listen old shit or new dudes on the other sides.

r.i.p. west coast hip-hop music.

I agree with most of your post and I am from the same era and know where your comin from... but didn't you think Xzibit's Napalm was a solid comeback record from him?  That didn't come out that long ago. 
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

CORREA

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2015, 08:03:29 AM »
G-Funk may be dead but the West is not...

CORREA

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2015, 08:09:55 AM »

[/quote]

I agree with most of your post and I am from the same era and know where your comin from... but didn't you think Xzibit's Napalm was a solid comeback record from him?  That didn't come out that long ago. 
[/quote]

problem is younger audience and labels aren't going to invest in a old rapper past his prime who just going to drop an album and then vanish again
he had his moment in the past time to move on every rapper has a shelf life people today don't want to invest time listening to a much older rapper these people want some one young 

Blunt Tyme Da Gawd

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2015, 08:39:18 AM »
what a dumb ass fucking thread. its called EVOLUTION, people. you didnt seriously think that the g-funk sound was still gonna be a main staple 20 years later?? music always changes. like are people saying rock is dead because it doesnt sound like 50s rock and roll music? is heavy metal dead because its not about the hair and doesnt sound like its stuck in the 80s? are NY folks talking like they miss the old Sugar Hill Gang sound?? quit being a bunch of narrow, simple minded fucktards.

edit: west coast hip-hop is far from dead. just because they arent talking about bloods/crips, 64s and khaki suits does not make that shit dead. dont talk about my city (LA) like you really from here.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 08:45:04 AM by Blunt Tyme Da Gawd »

doggfather

https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

CORREA

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2015, 08:48:35 AM »
what a dumb ass fucking thread. its called EVOLUTION, people. you didnt seriously think that the g-funk sound was still gonna be a main staple 20 years later?? music always changes. like are people saying rock is dead because it doesnt sound like 50s rock and roll music? is heavy metal dead because its not about the hair and doesnt sound like its stuck in the 80s? are NY folks talking like they miss the old Sugar Hill Gang sound?? quit being a bunch of narrow, simple minded fucktards.

edit: west coast hip-hop is far from dead. just because they arent talking about bloods/crips, 64s and khaki suits does not make that shit dead. dont talk about my city (LA) like you really from here.

these morons think there could be no west coast without g funk
time to fucking move on these washed up rappers and g funk long ago ran its course  ;)
its easy to tell whose from the united states and whose not NOBODY IS BUMPING THIS OLD SHIT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 08:50:36 AM by CORREA »

TidyKris

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2015, 08:52:46 AM »

time to fucking move on these washed up rappers and g funk long ago ran its course  ;)
its easy to tell whose from the united states and whose not NOBODY IS BUMPING THIS OLD SHIT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont know man, is Westcoast music on top like G-Funk was in the 90's?
You can hardly call those artists washed up either when what they did back then still pisses all over what anybody on the west has done
over the last 10-15 years...there would be no west without them champ ;)

CORREA

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2015, 09:14:11 AM »

I dont know man, is Westcoast music on top like G-Funk was in the 90's?
You can hardly call those artists washed up either when what they did back then still pisses all over what anybody on the west has done
over the last 10-15 years...there would be no west without them champ ;)

wrong if there were no g- funk there's the south and the mid west the east ect every west coast artist isn't 1 minded and only like music from the west
and i think the west coast is doing pretty good as kendrick lamar is the best current rapper out here and you narrow minded fucks cant accept that