Author Topic: let's accept west coast hip-hop music is dead  (Read 4145 times)

TidyKris

Re: let's accept west coast hip-hop music is dead
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2015, 10:33:26 AM »
what a dumb ass fucking thread. its called EVOLUTION, people. you didnt seriously think that the g-funk sound was still gonna be a main staple 20 years later?? music always changes. like are people saying rock is dead because it doesnt sound like 50s rock and roll music? is heavy metal dead because its not about the hair and doesnt sound like its stuck in the 80s? are NY folks talking like they miss the old Sugar Hill Gang sound?? quit being a bunch of narrow, simple minded fucktards.

edit: west coast hip-hop is far from dead. just because they arent talking about bloods/crips, 64s and khaki suits does not make that shit dead. dont talk about my city (LA) like you really from here.

these morons think there could be no west coast without g funk
time to fucking move on these washed up rappers and g funk long ago ran its course  ;)
its easy to tell whose from the united states and whose not NOBODY IS BUMPING THIS OLD SHIT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont know man, is Westcoast music on top like G-Funk was in the 90's?
You can hardly call those artists washed up either when what they did back then still pisses all over what anybody on the west has done
over the last 10-15 years...there would be no west without them champ ;)

wrong if there were no g- funk there's the south and the mid west the east ect every west coast artist isn't 1 minded and only like music from the west
and i think the west coast is doing pretty good as kendrick lamar is the best current rapper out here and you narrow minded fucks cant accept that

You keep saying that but just because one new Westcoast rapper is doing "ok" at the moment does not mean the whole coast is smashing it does it?

CORREA

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2015, 11:11:37 AM »
what a dumb ass fucking thread. its called EVOLUTION, people. you didnt seriously think that the g-funk sound was still gonna be a main staple 20 years later?? music always changes. like are people saying rock is dead because it doesnt sound like 50s rock and roll music? is heavy metal dead because its not about the hair and doesnt sound like its stuck in the 80s? are NY folks talking like they miss the old Sugar Hill Gang sound?? quit being a bunch of narrow, simple minded fucktards.

edit: west coast hip-hop is far from dead. just because they arent talking about bloods/crips, 64s and khaki suits does not make that shit dead. dont talk about my city (LA) like you really from here.

its not even where you from anymore there's no west south east anymore artist make music with where ever you from even euros  :D
whens the last time you saw some 1 put out an album with just artist from their coast these artist trying to make money here remember that

time to fucking move on these washed up rappers and g funk long ago ran its course  ;)
its easy to tell whose from the united states and whose not NOBODY IS BUMPING THIS OLD SHIT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can hardly call those artists washed up either when what they did back then still pisses all over what anybody on the west has done

wrong if there were no g- funk there's the south and the mid west the east ect every west coast artist isn't 1 minded and only like music from the west
and i think the west coast is doing pretty good as kendrick lamar is the best current rapper out here and you narrow minded fucks cant accept that

You keep saying that but just because one new Westcoast rapper is doing "ok" at the moment does not mean the whole coast is smashing it does it?

bouli77

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2015, 01:05:32 PM »
west coast music most certainly ain't dead...

T.D.E., YG, DJ Mustard, Problem, FaShawn, G-Eazy, Terrace Martin, TeeFli, Ty $, Jhene Aiko, Vince Staples, Dom Kennedy, Sage the Gemini, IamSu, Casey Veggies, Tyler, the Creator, Skeme are all popping right now. If anything, there haven't been as many relevant west coast rappers / r&b singers in easily a decade.

G-Funk ain't dead either, it has evolved, you just gotta stay alert and peep anything Terrace Martin is involved with, for example.

either way there has been plenty of quality releases coming from west coast artists these past four years :

Kendrick Lamar - Section .80 / GKMC and all the tde releases (pretty much)
Xzibit - Napalm
Dom Kennedy - From Westside with Love II / the yellow album / get home safely
Casey Veggies - Sleeping in Class / Life Changes /Customized Greatly
FaShawn - Champagne & Styrofoam Cups
Skeme - Ingleworld
Ty $ - Beach House
Jhene Aiko - Sailing Souls / Soul'd Out
YG - My Krazy Life
DJ Quik - The Midnight Life / Book of David
DJ Mustard - 10 Summers
Problem - The Separation
King Tee - Still Triflin'
Problem & IamSu - Million Dollar Afro

etc.

Sccit

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2015, 01:17:51 PM »
it's cuz people like u dont realize that theres a bay area in california, and in turn sleep on an entire region of west coast rap.......look at every1 u named. not one bay area artist. damn shame.

bouli77

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2015, 01:25:03 PM »
it's cuz people like u dont realize that theres a bay area in california, and in turn sleep on an entire region of west coast rap.......look at every1 u named. not one bay area artist. damn shame.

lol it's like the bay is a completely different country for some

Sccit

« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2015, 01:42:01 PM »
they say west coast is dead but they stay sleepin on LAMB

K-MACC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2015, 02:51:56 PM »
they say west coast is dead but they stay sleepin on LAMB
lol

Rudki

« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2015, 03:02:16 PM »
On the whole I gotta agree with you.....

but NIPSEY HUSSLE got me listening (mailbox money & Crenshaw) are fire.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2015, 03:16:47 PM »
YG is killing it... dude keeps it west coast like hell.

Desert Lord

« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2015, 03:37:02 PM »
lol! some fools think the westcoast sound is just about the classic 90s g-funk...in the 2000's there was a lot of dope westcoast albums with a definitiv westcoast-sound! it has a groovy sound and was like a newer form of g-funk...i think the thread-starter was talking about that sound and not just g-funk...2001 for example wasn't really g-funk, but it has a westcoast-sound through and through.
fuck i would even go so far and say that the westcoast rap from the early to mid 2000's was just as dope as the classic 90's stuff. the new testament, eastsidas both albums, all mac dre's albums from that time, grit & grind, return of the regulator, 213, restless, and many many more...

so as much as i love kendrick, ab-soul and their stuff, i wouldn't mind another rapper, crew or producer with a 2010+ version of that funky westcoast shit...and that yg album don't really count imo...mustard beats is too cheap. he's like a poor man's manny fresh that try to recreate old too short sounds from time to time imo..that's just me i guess. i know alot of fools got love for mustard

CORREA

« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2015, 03:57:44 PM »
.mustard beats is too cheap. he's like a poor man's manny fresh that try to recreate old too short sounds from time to time imo..that's just me i guess. i know alot of fools got love for mustard

musturd is way worse then fresh its basically the same beat over and over the name dj musturd nobody will care by next year 

Blunt Tyme Da Gawd

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2015, 03:59:34 PM »

false. ice-t, NWA, too short etc. werent doing g-funk records. if it wasnt for them, there would be no west. so your argument is invalid.

Blunt Tyme Da Gawd

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2015, 04:01:42 PM »
.mustard beats is too cheap. he's like a poor man's manny fresh that try to recreate old too short sounds from time to time imo..that's just me i guess. i know alot of fools got love for mustard

musturd is way worse then fresh its basically the same beat over and over the name dj musturd nobody will care by next year 

yeah his shit got boring real quick. tyler, the creator makes some dope beats. i cant really think of newer LA producers off the top of my head right now.

bouli77

« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2015, 04:04:18 PM »
lso as much as i love kendrick, ab-soul and their stuff, i wouldn't mind another rapper, crew or producer with a 2010+ version of that funky westcoast shit...and that yg album don't really count imo...mustard beats is too cheap. he's like a poor man's manny fresh that try to recreate old too short sounds from time to time imo..that's just me i guess. i know alot of fools got love for mustard

how does it not count exactly ? YG's album is by essence "that funky westcoast shit" and that "newer form of g-funk" you just described. how is it cheap exactly ? they used live instruments and session musicians like Terrace Martin to replay the tracks. and the result is funky, gangsta and g-funkish as it can get. I swear people sleep on Mustard's versatility. He's pegged as a one trick pony when he has clearly shown he could produce club tracks, g-funk tracks, more soulful and r&b tracks.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/wm-ZLq1q_mA" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/wm-ZLq1q_mA</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/97DMZnAsXfI" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/97DMZnAsXfI</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/m06PQfSU6HU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/m06PQfSU6HU</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/gTj8_ZYyll0" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/gTj8_ZYyll0</a>

if you can't appreciate the groovy sound, the g-funk elements and regional sound in these songs, then I can't do anything for you.

bouli77

« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2015, 04:11:36 PM »

yeah his shit got boring real quick. tyler, the creator makes some dope beats. i cant really think of newer LA producers off the top of my head right now.

Scoop Deville, Terrace Martin, 1500 or Nothin', HitBoy, League of Starz, DJ Dahi, Exile, etc.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 04:21:07 PM by bouli77 »