Author Topic: let's accept west coast hip-hop music is dead  (Read 4136 times)

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
Re: let's accept west coast hip-hop music is dead
« Reply #60 on: February 27, 2015, 12:32:26 PM »
What is west coast for you guys? Is it really a genre in hiphop?

Free Suge Knight, Gucci Mane, & BShmurda Welcome Home Tray D

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #61 on: February 27, 2015, 01:15:01 PM »
G-Funk may be dead but the West is not...

Lol at this blatant Troll Thread

i wouldn't call it a troll thread i call it some ones mad cause their washed up old west coast rappers are nearly extincted (;

Lol.  Nah.  He high as shit trollin.  He gotta be

CORREA

« Reply #62 on: February 27, 2015, 07:03:11 PM »
YG,kendrick lamar,nipsey hussle,schoolboy q,mila j,tinashe,teeflii,kid ink,jhene aiko is all westcoast artist thats doing it big right now. so how is westcoast music dead when its more than 10 westcoast artist thats doing it major right now

but today, you can hear "regulate" is still playin on radio on everywhere in the world.

yea on the grandpa station 

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #63 on: February 27, 2015, 07:13:44 PM »
what radio stations does Correa listen to?

CORREA

« Reply #64 on: February 27, 2015, 07:26:29 PM »
what radio stations does Correa listen to?

none

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #65 on: February 27, 2015, 07:49:27 PM »
so how do you know what radio stations play Regulate?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #66 on: February 27, 2015, 08:27:54 PM »
You can tell that it's just not in him anymore.....

Jay_J

« Reply #67 on: February 28, 2015, 01:59:15 AM »

is this what you are listening to?

:) im laughing out loud.

papa-smurf

« Reply #68 on: February 28, 2015, 05:58:50 AM »
YG,kendrick lamar,nipsey hussle,schoolboy q,mila j,tinashe,teeflii,kid ink,jhene aiko is all westcoast artist thats doing it big right now. so how is westcoast music dead when its more than 10 westcoast artist thats doing it major right now

all rappers you mentioned are doing ordinary albums. they are not talented rappers when you compare with legends. could any of them did something like "restless" "space boogie" "i want it all"? could they did a classic like those? who the fuck on earth knows them except of west coast fans? but today, you can hear "regulate" is still playin on radio on everywhere in the world.

is that what you call "new west"?  schoolboy g? kid ink? teefliii? wow. im impressed.

These new west artist make some good as music. its not the traditional g funk music but even new york music is not the traditional 90s or 80s new york music. Hip hop evovled & lets accept that. 90s westcoast music was a classic era & no doubt the best era but these new west artist is making good music.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #69 on: February 28, 2015, 09:24:03 AM »
^^^ don't listen to him, he's trolling.  dude's like him should be permanently banned.  they're useless to the bigger scheme of thingz

Westcoastfanatic

« Reply #70 on: February 28, 2015, 09:41:57 AM »
i think what made west coast different than other rap genres wasn't its content or region. it was music to me.

yes, kendrick is a west coast rapper but i can't call his record west coast. we cant also call it east coast or another. he has is own style.

i accept music can change, i don't think dre will do another 2001. detox will be definately dope and different.

we didn't expect xzibit to make another "at the speed of life" but he did "restless".

we didn't expect snoop dogg to do another doggystyle but he did "the last meal".

so music can change, i agree, but you have to put something newi something really good.

jedi mind tricks is also an underground hiphop band. i dont mean they are wack or they didnt sell when i say "underground".

i agree i dont like it anymore.

west coast should create a new era. a new genre. it doesnt has to be gangsta rap or g-funk.

but they have to put something out that we can call "this is west coast!"

If you can accept west coast is dead you should also accept Detox will never drop becuz Dre lost his touch and the Dre era is over. Matter of fact, Dre losing his touch is one of the main reasons west coast is dieing becuz Dre always kept it alive by coming with a sick new sound every 3 years between 1986 and 2009. Dre losing his touch is the worst thing that happened to west coast hip hop(hip hop in general basically)
IS DETOX NEXT? Don't think so.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #71 on: February 28, 2015, 10:11:20 AM »
G-Funk may be dead but the West is not...

CORREA

« Reply #72 on: February 28, 2015, 12:26:49 PM »
i think what made west coast different than other rap genres wasn't its content or region. it was music to me.

yes, kendrick is a west coast rapper but i can't call his record west coast. we cant also call it east coast or another. he has is own style.

i accept music can change, i don't think dre will do another 2001. detox will be definately dope and different.

we didn't expect xzibit to make another "at the speed of life" but he did "restless".

we didn't expect snoop dogg to do another doggystyle but he did "the last meal".

so music can change, i agree, but you have to put something newi something really good.

jedi mind tricks is also an underground hiphop band. i dont mean they are wack or they didnt sell when i say "underground".

i agree i dont like it anymore.

west coast should create a new era. a new genre. it doesnt has to be gangsta rap or g-funk.

but they have to put something out that we can call "this is west coast!"

If you can accept west coast is dead you should also accept Detox will never drop becuz Dre lost his touch and the Dre era is over. Matter of fact, Dre losing his touch is one of the main reasons west coast is dieing becuz Dre always kept it alive by coming with a sick new sound every 3 years between 1986 and 2009. Dre losing his touch is the worst thing that happened to west coast hip hop(hip hop in general basically)

fuck dre
the dre era died in the 90s

Jay_J

« Reply #73 on: March 01, 2015, 12:58:06 PM »
i checked what you call "new west". and artists you named that you think they are making good songs

for example:

you guys are really listening to this crap?

you are wasting your ears.

at least i would like to discuss someone who listens to jay rock or serial killers.

yg? schoolboy q? nippsey bla bla? wack music, wack lyrics... thats all what you do...

these new west sounds like a fake lil wayne.

MUHFUKKA

« Reply #74 on: March 01, 2015, 02:46:09 PM »
i checked what you call "new west". and artists you named that you think they are making good songs

for example:

you guys are really listening to this crap?

you are wasting your ears.

at least i would like to discuss someone who listens to jay rock or serial killers.

yg? schoolboy q? nippsey bla bla? wack music, wack lyrics... thats all what you do...

these new west sounds like a fake lil wayne.
not a big fan of all that shit but you probably like it more if you can speak english without google translate

The blood gang embraces Tupac as a member even if YOU dont.