Author Topic: OK can someone break this down for me  (Read 129 times)

pappy

OK can someone break this down for me
« on: April 06, 2003, 11:25:57 PM »
Alright,  i do an always have realized the main reason for the war on iraq was about oil.   An there a lot of other countries that need people liberated more so than the iraqi people.    But still liberating any people that are forced to live under those conditions should still count for something.  What am i missing even tho  our main objective is oil,  even tho its remain to be seen if where goin steal it like some say.  But where still freeing these people of that sick fuck sadaam.  what am i missing here.  An if we do kill civilians r u sayin there better off being opressed an tourted by saddam.  Can some1 please fill me in here

infinite59

Re:OK can someone break this down for me
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2003, 02:23:04 AM »
Yeah, I will fill you in.  

1.  George Bush is in no moral position to decide whether or not a population on the other side of the country should be "liberated".  However, possibly, if the whole world community, the UN, decided that they should go in and liberate these people then it would be more suitable.

2.  You have to look at his intentions.  You already admitted it is for oil and money.  Also, America is going to be occupying Iraq.  Therefore, these people they are "liberating" will actually be no better off then the occupied Palestinians are now.  

3.  George Bush is setting up a base of operations in Iraq.  So America can then expand it's empire into Iran and Sierra.

4.  Let the Arab world solve their own problems.  Before America entered into Kuwait during the first Gulf War... there was already a Mujahadeen being rounded up to thwart Hussien's invasion.

5.  America supported Sadaam Hussien against Iran.  So if anything, they should be taking blame and being punished for supporting Sadaam's tyranny.  

« Last Edit: April 07, 2003, 02:24:15 AM by Haj Infinite Ibrahim »

Woodrow

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2003, 02:36:34 AM »
So America can then expand it's empire into Iran and Sierra.

Do you mean Syria?

Doggystylin

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2003, 10:42:59 AM »
So America can then expand it's empire into Iran and Sierra.

Do you mean Syria?

im pretty sure he does, sierra is the mountains in cali

pappy

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2003, 10:48:56 AM »
Yeah, I will fill you in.  

1.  George Bush is in no moral position to decide whether or not a population on the other side of the country should be "liberated".  However, possibly, if the whole world community, the UN, decided that they should go in and liberate these people then it would be more suitable.

2.  You have to look at his intentions.  You already admitted it is for oil and money.  Also, America is going to be occupying Iraq.  Therefore, these people they are "liberating" will actually be no better off then the occupied Palestinians are now.  

3.  George Bush is setting up a base of operations in Iraq.  So America can then expand it's empire into Iran and Sierra.

4.  Let the Arab world solve their own problems.  Before America entered into Kuwait during the first Gulf War... there was already a Mujahadeen being rounded up to thwart Hussien's invasion.

5.  America supported Sadaam Hussien against Iran.  So if anything, they should be taking blame and being punished for supporting Sadaam's tyranny.  

so what im basically gettin from this is fuck those people b/c the us is goin get more power.  Who gives a fuck about innocent lives cuz the US is goin get more power.  Hmmmm interesting

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2003, 10:59:37 AM »
Well, its like this, bro.

This is the perfect PR war, simply because everything is very Hollywoodized. I mean, u have the evil dictator, and the oppressed people who will run and embrace the liberating American soldiers. Everything is fine and dandy. Yeahh!!!!

However, certain things must be kept in mind. Nobody gave a shit about Iraq before last year. Nobody gave a shit when the Kurds were gassed or when the Iranians were. Frankly, noone gave a shit about Iraq when they immediately invaded Kuwait.

This whole sudden arousal of sympathy for the "poor, oppressed" Iraqi people is a joke. Ask any American, one year ago, and they wouldnt be able to point out where Iraq is on a map. Ask one now, and they'll tell you how much responsibility the US has in overthrowing evil regimes. Bullshit. The people of America im not too concerned about, because they will eat what their govt feeds them. Its the govt that im worried about. The govt that 4 years ago, came up with the blueprint for this war. This war is not about liberation and the removal of Saddam. Those are for the TV to make the average Joe sympathetic to the war cause.

Im not worried about Iraq in the large scheme of things. They were the first target cuz they were the easiest. Building public support for this war was achieved. However, I would love to see the US govt try to convince your nation that Syria and Iran need to be dealt with as well. And I would love to see America invade Iran.
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

CharlieBrown

• Chillin' Wit Snoopy, eating Peanuts
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Dre, the only Dr I know who performs miracles"
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2003, 11:37:47 AM »
I also want to see Bush go after Iran next, because then he (should) lose Britain's support (as long as Blair does have balls) and i want to see the chain of events that would follow.
Charlie, lost his life right in front of the party...

Trauma-san

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2003, 09:26:08 PM »
Tom, you're blessed with clear vision.  

1st, the war isn't about oil.  If it was, we'd just take it all. Then we'd invade saudi arabia, and take all it.  Then we'd go into Iran, etc.  Get the picture?  If the war was about oil, we'd take it.  Simple as that, can't anybody see us on any battlefield.  If we were the horrible people some pessimists claim we are, we wouldn't hide it, we'd just do it.  Saddam Hussein is a horrible man.  He doesn't hide it.  George Bush is a nice man.  If he was horrible, again, he wouldn't hide it.  

Tech is right; a year ago, nobody cared about any of this.  Thank GOD we have a great leader, who is reaching out to help however he can.  We can't get rid of all of the evil in the world, but we just got rid of a whole sh*tload of it.  

tom, just be thankful that you see things clearly.  You have a way of picking things out that not everybody has.  Not everybody understands what you do.  It's called logic.  You've got a logical mind; logic tells you that even if the war is about something unjust, more good than bad is coming out of it, so logically, that means everybody wins.