Author Topic: Iggy Azalea "Trying To Kill Hip Hop," ESPN Anchor Robert Flores Says  (Read 868 times)

CORREA

The rapper's boyfriend and Los Angeles Laker Nick Young comes to her defense.

The newest person to criticize Iggy Azalea is Sports Center anchor Robert Flores. During a recent "What Did We Learn" segment, the reporter called out Azalea's boyfriend and Los Angeles Lakers forward Nick Young, reports BroBible.

"Nick, while dolphins are trying to kill you, your girlfriend's trying to kill Hip Hop," Flores said. "Let's call it even, OK?"

Young, who told reporters earlier this month of his fear of the sea creature, responded on Twitter to confront Flores and defend his girlfriend.

"@RoFloESPN you job is to talk about sports not what we and my chick got going on," one of the posts reads.

Neither Azalea nor Flores have responded.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/5Lr_4XR65dk" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/5Lr_4XR65dk</a>

Young has also defended the Grand Hustle rapper against Snoop Dogg and Tyler, The Creator.

Remedy360

Re: Iggy Azalea "Trying To Kill Hip Hop," ESPN Anchor Robert Flores Says
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 04:13:27 PM »
Good for him.

"@RoFloESPN you job is to talk about sports not what we and my chick got going on" Way to not make yourself look like a complete idiot Nick.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 04:29:08 PM »
Dude was probably fed that line to even say.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 07:21:02 PM »
Why does Iggy catch so much slack but Drake doesn't? Drake's a way bigger phony than Iggy. At least Iggy lived in the US the last several years and came up in those rap scenes. I'm not a fan or her music, but Drake is a complete fraud. He's a rich jewish kid from Toronto's richest neighborhood. A child acting star who was nowhere near Toronto's gritty neighborhoods until after he hit it big rapping and then all the thugs around here jumped all over him trying to leach off his success.

Drake had to start his career as a rapper in the States where no one knew him from Degrassi because if he tried to release songs and do shows here first we would have laughed him off the stage. It'd be like in the US if Webster tried to start a gangsta rap career in the 90s.

To answer my original question; its because black hip hop fans in the states are racist and completely ignore frauds with in their own and overtly highlight outsiders. I haven't heard shit in the media as far an uproar go of the police officers who were just let off with no trial after being caught on tape shooting the white army very. If Michael Brown or Trayvon had a video like that to go with their deaths it'd be the Watts riots all over again.

CORREA

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2015, 10:42:35 PM »
Why does Iggy catch so much slack but Drake doesn't? Drake's a way bigger phony than Iggy. At least Iggy lived in the US the last several years and came up in those rap scenes. I'm not a fan or her music, but Drake is a complete fraud. He's a rich jewish kid from Toronto's richest neighborhood. A child acting star who was nowhere near Toronto's gritty neighborhoods until after he hit it big rapping and then all the thugs around here jumped all over him trying to leach off his success.

Drake had to start his career as a rapper in the States where no one knew him from Degrassi because if he tried to release songs and do shows here first we would have laughed him off the stage. It'd be like in the US if Webster tried to start a gangsta rap career in the 90s.

To answer my original question; its because black hip hop fans in the states are racist and completely ignore frauds with in their own and overtly highlight outsiders. I haven't heard shit in the media as far an uproar go of the police officers who were just let off with no trial after being caught on tape shooting the white army very. If Michael Brown or Trayvon had a video like that to go with their deaths it'd be the Watts riots all over again.

yes you are right drake is one of the biggest fakes but 95% of his fans are females and stupid kids today know no better

Iggy Azalea is a total fake she thinks shes entitled to shit and has a shitty attitude
her music sounds fake as hell she doesn't really talk like that shes a living gimmick
she is on the shit list and time will only tell how long its going to last i really hope she doesn't last shes annoying and her music sucks
there was rumors of her making racist remarks who knows
to me shes to female version of em and only white girls will support her 

BONeZ

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2015, 10:51:42 PM »

Your obviously white and in total denial of the hard facts which are ever present in society and you would admit to in a heart beat if you had ever experienced persecution or prejudice to the degree which others ( and there are alot of others) experience on a day to day basis. Not to mention some of the social ills which are prevelant in not only non white communities but low income communities of all races. Your obviously privilidged if you can't for a second undersatand why iggy be coppin hate from the likes of Azalea Banks and others, who, which you would know if you knew your history, are sick of muthafuckas profitings from their culture, being racist and not puttin in they work for the same community the seek love anbd respect from. Can the other man ( and i mean other as in any other race besides white.) can he have anything for himself without whitey comin along and tryin to make it his own. Seriously, i cant speak for anyone else on this matter and more power to ti for puttin her on but i can step back from a stance where i miught admire iggy or even envy her for her success in a feild which i find to be totally inspiring and praiseworthy and think for just a minute, hang on, this is like snoop in imagine, where he say, " but you imagine to sell your 50, 000, 000 records worldwide, while fuckin off somebodies son." This must be one of them websites where the white kids are re enactin an old time minstrel with their fake ass fandom. If your a true supporter of hip hop and your white, take a step back and have some respect for the fellas that paved the way. NWA is straight outa compton, not IOWA..... sheesh. and even bringin the blessed soul of trayvon ( may he find more peace in heaven than he did here on earth with ignorant scum like you givin him a hard time ) into a debate about bloody iggy azalea for christs sake. wake up.  I thought i was a fool on the net. You need to get your ass tapped real quick for even going there.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2015, 12:51:45 AM »

I feel you on most of that.

I don't think Drake gets a pass because black Hip Hop fans are racist though. Drake has a huge white fan base too. Funny you mentioned the media though because they control the way people think. If they throw that first paragraph you wrote on the news, and drown you with it day after day after day, then it clicks. If it's just some random people like you or me saying it online, people just ignore it.

Hip Hop used to be an art form, now it's just one big corporation. That's why these guys at the top of the mainstream can't even diss each other. The labels won't allow it. It hurts the brand of a guy like Drake if Good Music destroyed him a couple years back; people lose money if that happens. They encourage little subliminals to get fans riled up, but everyone just plays nice after that. The days of 50 Cent and Eminem ending careers are over. The fakes will be the fakes and real fans of the genre just have to ignore all the nonsense that plays out mainstream and find your underground alternative.

Fraxxx

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2015, 02:07:45 AM »
The fakes will be the fakes and real fans of the genre just have to ignore all the nonsense that plays out mainstream and find your underground alternative.

In a way, that's the bottom line of life.
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2015, 09:10:37 AM »
The fakes will be the fakes and real fans of the genre just have to ignore all the nonsense that plays out mainstream and find your underground alternative.

Absolutely. Everything mainstream is fake.

Then you either have the mental capacity of a child & buy into it or realize how fake it truly is.

BONeZ

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2015, 05:11:17 PM »

Absolutely. Everything mainstream is fake.

Then you either have the mental capacity of a child & buy into it or realize how fake it truly is.

Damn. I went totally sideways on that one. better keep my replies to the point.
Not EVERYTHING mainsteam is fake. I just recently threw away all my gansta rap cos i been listenin to it for 20 years and thought its time to grow up and even though most of the rappers i listen to are only big names from the nineties and could in some context be considered mainstream/fake there are alot of mainstream rappers that are bringing light to issues that are being ignored by the general public. that's what i love most about gangsta rap, but im sick of hearin bout fuckin and poppin goose and gunnin someone down so i put it all away. To stay on point with this thread, i actaully feel a bit for nick and iggy. she don't really bitch about it but she is the minority in the industry and culture she chooses to associate herself with. her and nick obviously got love for each other and to be in a position where your constantly having to justify your relationship to others based purely on your differences ( which is the same thing they probably love about each other ) well, that must be a bitch.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2015, 05:19:09 PM »
Iggy only has one fan of dubcc, that is Closet MAterial

Sccit

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2015, 06:58:25 PM »
that reporter looks like some1 who would bump iggys music

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2015, 10:27:08 PM »

Your obviously white and in total denial of the hard facts which are ever present in society and you would admit to in a heart beat if you had ever experienced persecution or prejudice to the degree which others ( and there are alot of others) experience on a day to day basis. Not to mention some of the social ills which are prevelant in not only non white communities but low income communities of all races. Your obviously privilidged if you can't for a second undersatand why iggy be coppin hate from the likes of Azalea Banks and others, who, which you would know if you knew your history, are sick of muthafuckas profitings from their culture, being racist and not puttin in they work for the same community the seek love anbd respect from. Can the other man ( and i mean other as in any other race besides white.) can he have anything for himself without whitey comin along and tryin to make it his own. Seriously, i cant speak for anyone else on this matter and more power to ti for puttin her on but i can step back from a stance where i miught admire iggy or even envy her for her success in a feild which i find to be totally inspiring and praiseworthy and think for just a minute, hang on, this is like snoop in imagine, where he say, " but you imagine to sell your 50, 000, 000 records worldwide, while fuckin off somebodies son." This must be one of them websites where the white kids are re enactin an old time minstrel with their fake ass fandom. If your a true supporter of hip hop and your white, take a step back and have some respect for the fellas that paved the way. NWA is straight outa compton, not IOWA..... sheesh. and even bringin the blessed soul of trayvon ( may he find more peace in heaven than he did here on earth with ignorant scum like you givin him a hard time ) into a debate about bloody iggy azalea for christs sake. wake up.  I thought i was a fool on the net. You need to get your ass tapped real quick for even going there.

You're an idiot.

Firstly, I don't question ehy Iggy gets a hard time. I question why Drake doesn't.

And secondly, I didn't say one bad word about Trayvon.

And I'm not white. I'm Helenic. There's a difference. Most people just don't know it. During the entire time the white people were slave trading in Africa, the Helenic people were being conquered and enslaved by Ottoman muslims.

Blood$

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2015, 07:24:31 AM »
Iggy is the worst thing happening to hip-hop culture at the moment and we all have T.I. to thank for that

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2015, 07:49:07 AM »
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=300469.0

Just remember who called it first.

Do I think she's ruining Hip-Hop, or trying to kill it. Nope, I think she was a failed pop star who can't sing and wanted to be famous, and the powers that be put her with TI for credibility, gave her a Laker boyfriend and as long as she stuck out her ass and shock it, she'd be famous. But she ain't no different than Vanilla Ice, or any other pop rapper. And Drake ain't no different than MC Hammer or any other pop rapper from the past. To me, Drake is the Fresh Prince on auto tunes.