Author Topic: 50 fluke Explains How "The Massacre" Became Game's "The Documentary"  (Read 1274 times)

CORREA

50 Cent is celebrating the tenth anniversary of his sophomore album, The Massacre.

The chart-topping album sold 1.14 million copies in its first five days and included four top 10 singles in the U.S. But according to 50, The Massacre that fans enjoyed was a second attempt, since the original content of the album was given to another member of G-Unit – at the time.

In a recent interview with XXL, 50 says that the pristine project he crafted was given to Game and eventually became Game's debut album, The Documentary.

"The first record that I wrote that was supposed to be my second album, I did it so fast," 50 told the Hip Hop publication. "It was like three days, over a weekend. I recorded 12 records, but they were all two verses. They were incomplete songs and I knew I had to go back to come up with something to bring the lyrics all the way to standard, but I got what I was trying to get out. The concepts where there. The choruses were playin’. The outline for the album was there. But it had happened so fast that I was like, maybe I should just keep writing."

After flying to Los Angeles, Interscope founder Jimmy Iovine asked 50 to work with one of Dre's newer artists, Game.

"They said, 'The kid can rap, but he’s not a great songwriter,'” 50 said. "When Jimmy called for me to do it I was like, 'Alright, cool, I’ll fix it,' and I gave it [to Game]. I only worked with him for about, I think, four days."

50 appeared on three songs off Game's album: "Westside Story," "Hate It or Love It" and "How We Do."

The latter, Fif says Dre fell in love with.

"He [Dre] was in love with 'How We Do' and I was like, 'Yo, I’ll give him that if you put it out right now,'" 50 recalled. "And we just put it out. Put it together. Sold about five million records for Game’s album [The Documentary] and then I came back."

The final version of Game's major label debut album consisted of 18 tracks and it has been certified double platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America [RIAA]. 50 Cent was credited on the album as the executive producer.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: 50 fluke Explains How "The Massacre" Became Game's "The Documentary"
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2015, 11:32:53 PM »
100% believe that.

CORREA

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2015, 11:49:55 PM »
100% believe that.

50 is so good that game single handed and some help destroyed 50 and his group and destroyed gay units creditability and they haven't recovered since   :D 100% believe that

50 is so good that in 2015 nobody gives a fuck bout him or gay unit music  :D 100% believe that

Remedy360

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2015, 01:33:59 AM »
100% believe that.

50 is so good that game single handed and some help destroyed 50 and his group and destroyed gay units creditability and they haven't recovered since   :D 100% believe that

50 is so good that in 2015 nobody gives a fuck bout him or gay unit music  :D 100% believe that

Game didn't destroy them, their music went out of style and they could never adjust. It's not like the average rap fan was raving over 300 bars like it was Ether or something.

CORREA

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2015, 06:36:41 AM »
100% believe that.

Game didn't destroy them, their music went out of style and they could never adjust. It's not like the average rap fan was raving over 300 bars like it was Ether or something.

so ur saying all those mixtapes he put dissing them did nothing lol and there's a ton of them
ur right part of the reason is  their music went out of style and they could never adjust
300 bars was a big deal back then
but in the same time when game was dissing them they were a joke it even started a trend of other rappers and groups dissing them d-block  dipshit and the regime c-bo
Bang'em Smurf ect

mixtapes like You Know What It Is, Vol. 3 Ghost Unit and Stop Snitchin, Stop Lyin were entertaining

me1

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2015, 08:15:01 AM »
Facts is facts, bruh. You want to act like Documentary would have popped without 50, let alone been released, you go.

I'm surprised a Game Stan/50 Hater like yourself would choose to bring this to people's attention. Not that it's news, but it's counterproductive to your pursuit of hating on 50 rain, sleet or snow
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 08:19:35 AM by manny1 »

CORREA

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2015, 08:26:59 AM »
Facts is facts, bruh. You want to act like Documentary would have popped without 50, let alone been released, you go.

I'm surprised a Game Stan/50 Hater like yourself would choose to bring this to people's attention. Not that it's news, but it's counterproductive to your pursuit of hating on 50 rain, sleet or snow

what is with you retards on here calling me a game stan i hardy even listen to his albums lol
im just tired of 50 fluke always trying to take credit for something like hes important if that's the case why no one is buying his albums? or gunit?
and im def tired of people these days with this "hater" word 50 music sucks i don't envy him so "hater" come on
the only thing he can talk about is the past like his first album just like his music irrelevant

Blood$

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2015, 08:29:10 AM »
100% believe that.

it was a combination of both the Unit falling off at the time and Game just smashing on them lol

"300 Bars" was the talk of the whole summer of 2005 and plus that following fall Game was on fire with the Ghost Unit and SSSL mixtapes

The_Offence

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2015, 08:47:59 AM »
i believe him. theres no reason for dude to lie about this. it's not uncommon for the nigga that popping at the time to give records to his artists. i don't know why it's so hard for some of these idiots to actually believe this could be the case. it doesn't take anything from game as a rapper. dude gave him a few records and thats that. im sure he gave other niggas in the unit records too. i don't know why these game groupies get so heated about this.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 08:54:13 AM by The_Offence »

WestSideDon

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2015, 08:51:52 AM »
off topic but correa for gods sake stop usin 50 "fluke" in every god damn sentence. just write 50, fiddy, 50 cent orr somethin else but PLEASE stop usin this fucking 50 fluke bullshit its horrible  :-X

me1

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2015, 08:53:40 AM »

Here's the deal. When a group rides in on a superstar's coat tails, they will be white hot when the superstar is. And then it's downhill from there.

50 brought G-Unit to prominence. There is no disputing that, right? They would have been a Dipset/D-Block at best without him blowing the way he did. Instead, he bought them in. They all went plat. And then the public's interest in them slowly waned from its peak. That happens 100% of the time with groups ushered in by their lead/superstar. Hell, it happens with any artist period. Everyone peaks. So to attribute the decline from their peak to Game is just not an objective take. And when someone is constantly not objective, they get labeled a stan, hater, or both. That's why I chose the words I did.

Is 50 to credit/blame for Game never being as hot as he was with the Documentary? An objective take is absolutely yes. Game was riding the G-Unit hysteria when he came out, and 6 of his records were written by 50.

I have 100s of songs from both artists on my HD. Love their work. Both of them. But credit where credit is due.

abusive

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2015, 09:18:48 AM »
The Game put a dent in G-Unit but G-Unit was on their way out anyway. No different than G-Unit vs. Murder Inc. The Inc's time on top was up and they were getting shut down by the industry and law enforcement. G-Unit came in and it looked like they did it all on their own, which they didn't. Also Sha Money XL bounced and he was a very important piece to the G-Unit puzzle. I'll go as far as to say he was the brains behind it that 50 gets all the credit for. Him and Chris Lightly. 50'S career hasn't been the same since either of them have left. They were both very intricate pieces in 50's career who could never be replaced.

What 50 said no one should doubt. Game was sitting on the self collecting dust before 50 came around. Obviously he is a great rapper but 50 was the hit maker. Like it or not, two of Game's biggest records of his entire career have 50 on it. 50 got played out though imo. Interscope used him to make their artist hot when 50 could have brought in his own artist and worked his magic for them. Look at how Interscope discard 50, G-Unit and Game after they got what they wanted from them.  If 50 had put his own artist on, that artist would probably still be rolling with him today and he would be eating more off of them. 50 said he eats of the Documentary but he don't eat off of Game's merch or touring. He's still eating off of Buck, Banks, and Yayo. On top of that Interscope let Game disrespect 50 and when 50 got tired of it and went at Ivonne himself, then he started getting blackballed. 50 had the last laugh though when he started SMS audio to compete with Beats all while still being signed to Interscope! LOL I know Dre and Jimmy still must feel some type of way about that to this day.
No man born of woman tho. Dead homies.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2015, 09:20:36 AM »
Win Win for 50, Documentary sold 5 million, Massacre 10x worldwide. Take the Eazy E approach, you got paid off both of them.

CORREA

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2015, 12:06:32 PM »
The Game put a dent in G-Unit but G-Unit was on their way out anyway. No different than G-Unit vs. Murder Inc. The Inc's time on top was up and they were getting shut down by the industry and law enforcement. G-Unit came in and it looked like they did it all on their own, which they didn't. Also Sha Money XL bounced and he was a very important piece to the G-Unit puzzle. I'll go as far as to say he was the brains behind it that 50 gets all the credit for. Him and Chris Lightly. 50'S career hasn't been the same since either of them have left. They were both very intricate pieces in 50's career who could never be replaced.

What 50 said no one should doubt. Game was sitting on the self collecting dust before 50 came around. Obviously he is a great rapper but 50 was the hit maker. Like it or not, two of Game's biggest records of his entire career have 50 on it. 50 got played out though imo. Interscope used him to make their artist hot when 50 could have brought in his own artist and worked his magic for them. Look at how Interscope discard 50, G-Unit and Game after they got what they wanted from them.  If 50 had put his own artist on, that artist would probably still be rolling with him today and he would be eating more off of them. 50 said he eats of the Documentary but he don't eat off of Game's merch or touring. He's still eating off of Buck, Banks, and Yayo. On top of that Interscope let Game disrespect 50 and when 50 got tired of it and went at Ivonne himself, then he started getting blackballed. 50 had the last laugh though when he started SMS audio to compete with Beats all while still being signed to Interscope! LOL I know Dre and Jimmy still must feel some type of way about that to this day.

the inc was a joke it could have gotten taken down a lot sooner if some one went after them

CORREA

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2015, 12:08:38 PM »
off topic but correa for gods sake stop usin 50 "fluke" in every god damn sentence. just write 50, fiddy, 50 cent orr somethin else but PLEASE stop usin this fucking 50 fluke bullshit its horrible  :-X

he is a fluke u dont like it move on