Author Topic: Its official, blurred lines was stolen  (Read 513 times)

DaGrimProphet

• Lil Geezy
  • You talkin to me?

Sccit

Re: Its official, blurred lines was stolen
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2015, 05:12:26 PM »
done dirty

Fraxxx

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2015, 06:09:40 PM »
What can you say... clearly TI's to blame here. :D
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

MUHFUKKA

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2015, 06:36:45 PM »
What can you say... clearly TI's to blame here. :D
haha i heard about this on the radio and they played a clip of both songs, i mean its definitely similar but with a simple ass song like that it could easily just happen

The blood gang embraces Tupac as a member even if YOU dont.

Sccit

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2015, 10:43:55 AM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ziz9HW2ZmmY" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ziz9HW2ZmmY</a>

Remedy360

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2015, 11:55:51 AM »
Not that I care about Robin Thicke having to pay up, but this is fuckin stupid. I've always liked that Marvin Gaye song and woulda never made that connection.

Sccit

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2015, 12:45:05 PM »
it sound pretty similar, but not enough for 7+ mill

BONeZ

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2015, 04:17:57 PM »
Lets get it on!

Sccit

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2015, 12:52:21 AM »
it aint stoppin there:

Gaye Family saying Pharrell ripped "Happy" from Gaye's "Ain't that Peculiar"

http://www.etonline.com/news/160962_after_blurred_lines_victory_gaye_family_takes_another_listen_to_happy_similarities/

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/gFER9-JvKdg" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/gFER9-JvKdg</a>

they tryna fuck the whole industry up

K-MACC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2015, 01:46:10 PM »
i heard there going to fight it in court

Sccit

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2015, 03:57:46 PM »
NOW THEY GOIN AFTER TI, UMG AND INTERSCOPE

Marvin Gaye's family is on a legal rampage, and they now have their sights set onT.I. and Universal Music Group. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Gaye's family filed new motions on Tuesday night to include Tip, UMG, Interscope, andPharrell's Star Trak Entertainment on the list of infringers in the "Blurred Lines" case that has already netted the family $7.4 million.

The Gaye's family attorney, Richard Busch, maintains that there is no separation between those who created the actual song, and those who distributed it. Thus, in the post-trial proceedings the label's could also be found liable, and that could mean more money for the Gaye family in the end. Since the ruling originally was announced, Pharrell and Robin Thicke stated they planned to appeal the case, while Gaye's family claimed that they also think Pharrell's song "Happy" sounds too much like Marvin's "Ain't That Peculiar." Safe to say that this is going to get messy as shyt.

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2015, 02:48:28 AM »
And the news reported that the whole songs weren't played in court.  Should have happened so the jurors can see that blurred lines wasn't stolen.  What I really disliked was that Marvin's daughter was overreacting as if Pharrell & Robin murdered Marvin themselves.  And practically saying that pharrell lacked creativity in music.  Hello, he was part of the neptunes.  The type of beats they've done since the late 90's is sorely missed in music.

Sccit

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2015, 09:44:49 AM »
gaye's father killed him over money...what u expect?

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2015, 10:01:00 AM »
Nona Gaye is leading the charge, and that makes me sad because if she was 6 years younger, I'd wife that woman. She has been one of the most beautiful women in Hollywood. But right now, I am so confused by her actions on behalf of the Gaye family.

First off, I don't might the original lawsuit. Blurred Lines didn't hide that it was a tribute to the sound of Got to Give it Up. It sounded so close to the original song, at first I thought he sampled the song. When it turns out he didn't, or at least paid royalties to use the song writing, then you have issues. Dr. Dre has been known to redo songs but give credit to the original song even though he had musicians redo the song. It's part of the business, so I understood that.

The problem I have is the Ain't That Peculiar and Happy. First off, there is not one single instrument that was used, sampled, redone, nothing. The actual music sounds different. Also, for the singing, there are only so many different ways you can sing a song before you start to sound like something else. And if you put the sheet music up next to each other, they are not the same. They are different enough that this isn't even close to a lawsuit. This is a huge reach. Plus on that youtube video of the two songs, they altered Pharell's voice so I don't think that should be used at all.

Jack Trippa 3z company ho

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2015, 01:15:17 PM »
Blurred lines is horrible. Bunch of faggots sounding like faggots prancing around like faggots.

Pharrel is like the turbohomo in the industry right now. He Musta bent over for some big timers in the last 2 years. He's on Ellen degenerates show every other minute, and now he's promoting eye liner for men.

I'd swing on him on site, real talk.