Author Topic: One thing I'll miss about the Old Iraqi regime...  (Read 204 times)

Woodrow

One thing I'll miss about the Old Iraqi regime...
« on: April 11, 2003, 01:22:02 PM »
Iraq's Information Minister.

This guy was a constant source of humor throughout the war.

Here are some of my favorite quotes from him:

"The authority of the civil defense ... issued a warning to the civilian population not to pick up any of those pencils because they are booby traps."

"They're not even [within] 100 miles [of Baghdad]. They are not in any place. They hold no place in Iraq. This is an illusion ... they are trying to sell to the others an illusion."

"Iraq will not be defeated. Iraq has now already achieved victory - apart from some technicalities."

"They tried to bring a small number of tanks and personnel carriers in through al-Durah but they were surrounded and most of their infidels had their throats cut."

"We made them drink poison last night and Saddam Hussein's soldiers and his great forces gave the Americans a lesson which will not be forgotten by history. Truly."

"I can say, and I am responsible for what I am saying, that they have started to commit suicide under the walls of Baghdad. We will encourage them to commit more suicides quickly."

"Their infidels are committing suicide by the hundreds on the gates of Baghdad. Be assured, Baghdad is safe, protected."

"NO", snapped Mr al-Sahaf, "We have retaken the airport. There are NO Americans there. I will take you there and show you. IN ONE HOUR!"

"Today we slaughtered them in the airport. They are out of Saddam International Airport. The force that was in the airport, this force was destroyed."

"Blair...is accusing us of executing British soldiers. We want to tell him that we have not executed anybody. They are either killed in battle, most of them get killed because they are cowards anyway, the rest they just get captured."

Doggystylin

Re:One thing I'll miss about the Old Iraqi regime...
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2003, 02:32:20 PM »
ROTFLMMFAO!!!!!

HAHHAHAHHAHAHAH, lmfaofmals those quotes are fucking hilarious

Sub-Z

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2003, 02:40:45 PM »
LMFAO@those quotes ahahahahahaha

Agua

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2003, 04:17:41 PM »
I'll miss vaaaaaaance brooks. that uncle tom made me laugh quite a few times.

Quakaveli

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2003, 04:59:26 PM »

Immortal

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2003, 12:01:53 AM »
lol, this was funny the whole time
"Tha Immortality of my Fame is the measure of others torture..."--GZA

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2003, 10:01:41 PM »
ROTFLMMFAO!!!!!

HAHHAHAHHAHAHAH, lmfaofmals those quotes are fucking hilarious

TheSheriff

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2003, 10:23:14 PM »
Part of me laughs, whilst part cries.

Woodrow

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2003, 05:14:31 PM »
http://www.herobuilders.com/vilacfig1.html

He's now got his own action figure

Woodrow

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2003, 05:15:47 PM »
Reports are saying he's killed himself  :'(

Can it be true, or just the last act of spin to save his own skin?

There are reports that Iraq's information minister Mohammed Saeed al-Sahaf, the man who famously denied US troops were in Baghdad when the rumbling of tanks could be heard just half a mile away, has committed suicide.

Two Iranian newspapers said al-Sahaf, dubbed Comical Ali by the Western media, had hanged himself shortly after the fall of the capital.

The reports come from Iraqi refugees in a town near the Iranian border but have not been confirmed and it is not known who the source is.

Following orders

According to one report form an Iranian news agency, al-Sahaf was ordered to stay in Baghdad until the last moment to give the impression the regime was still in control.

The White House said Iraq's former leaders, including al-Sahaf, may be hiding in Syria.

Al-Sahaf was the public face of the Iraqi regime during the war.

Cult figure

He became a cult figure for his colourful language and wild claims which seemed to directly contradict the reality of what was happening.

He famously appeared on the roof of the Palestine Hotel in Baghdad, home to the world's media, to deny that American troops were in the city as gunfire echoed in the distance and tanks could be seen just a few hundred yards away across the River Tigris.

He even brazenly denied Coalition forces had taken Baghdad airport as embedded journalists reported from the departures lounge.

Infidels

A website set up in his honour is receiving 500,000 hits a day and has been inundated with requests for T-shirts of the minister with the slogan "In Control" emblazoned across the front.

A Comical Ali doll has also gone on sale in America.

The doll has soundbites of al-Sahaf saying, "there are no American infidels, never," and "our assessment is they will all die."

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,70146-12288923,00.html

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2003, 06:56:05 PM »

KING VerbalAssaulta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2003, 08:21:55 PM »
LMFAO...those are hilarous...notice none of the anti war hippies dare post in this tread

Quakaveli

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2003, 01:44:24 AM »
LMFAO...those are hilarous...notice none of the anti war hippies dare post in this tread

ANTI WAR HIPPIES LOL....UZ A FOO CRACAAAAAA

ITW [the irish boy]

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2003, 10:11:16 AM »
lol, that guy was crazy...u see the time he was talkin about no army being in baghdad and a tank rolled by in the background.lol.

My guess is comical ali was the snitch telling the americans where saddam was all the time.That would explain his stupid comments that were so pro saddam. Could the suicide be an attempt to fake his death  :o :o Beware, comical ali could be coming to a town near you....
SO MANY PEOPLE THINK THEY KNOW
BUT DO THEY KNOW TO THINK
THINK ABOUT THINKING
BEFORE THEY KNOW NOTHING
DID THEY KNOW SOMETHING
LETS THINK

TheSheriff

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2003, 01:14:28 PM »
lol, that guy was crazy...u see the time he was talkin about no army being in baghdad and a tank rolled by in the background.lol.

My guess is comical ali was the snitch telling the americans where saddam was all the time.That would explain his stupid comments that were so pro saddam. Could the suicide be an attempt to fake his death  :o :o Beware, comical ali could be coming to a town near you....

You got a point, actually. Al Sahaf was probably the most moderate of Saddam's inner circle, the consiglieri who was sane, etc...But he did call Uday a bitch, which wasn't particularly sane behaviour (however true)....Confusing, but yeah, he may well have been the spy.