Author Topic: Kendrick's "To Pimp A Butterfly" is the evolution revolution of Hip Hop  (Read 3218 times)

Free Suge Knight, Gucci Mane, & BShmurda Welcome Home Tray D

• Muthafuckin' Don!
This album is damn near flawless.  My only gripe is the use of The N-Word on here.

Ain't nothin I can say bad about the album.  I'm so glad it's not Eurocentric, that Hip Pop shit has to end.  It doesn't sound good anymore and it's not as fresh as it once was (and that's not saying much).

I feel like now we've reached a certain turning point in the game to where now originality and Soul is coming back to the forefront.  Sure the Younginz will still like their Young Money type of shit but they'll realize that the more popular and "trendy" "Back To The Essence" Hip Hop is the more and more they'll be inclined to fuck with the Jazzy stuff.  It's not the end of Georgia's Reign (almost impossible) but the balance is coming back.

It started with (IMO) Key! & OG Maco along with Big K.R.I.T and Ty $.  And then onto J. Cole who brought it to a whole new opus.  And then onto Lupe, Joey, & Drake who catapulted the image and the sound.  And now onto Kendrick who is tipping it over the tipping point with the momentum of Snoop, Wale, & Kanye and those Damon Dash interviews.  It's a glorious time for Hip Hop.  

The transitions of Michael Brown & Eric Garner are fueling the fire to this I might add.  Their lives (and others) will not go in vein - RIP Tamir Rice & Travon Martin.
*You don't understand Black folks or Hip Hop if you don't know why I threw that in there*

So to everyone saying there's no Singles on the album, fuck you!  "The Blacker The Berry", "i", & the rest of the album could all be Singles, especially "The Blacker The Berry", that's a potential structure changer right there.  It would damn near elevate Pop Culture overall if released and endorsed.  

Mr. Duckworth you did it again.  This album has replay value and teachings that are going to last for years to come. 

"Wesley's Theory" doe  8)

FUCK-YOU-BItch

Wake up mane, you´re dreamin...

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Nah.  You're just dead inside

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Speaking of which...  Dom Kennedy needs to get off his ass and put something out.  It ain't Summer without Dom

IamSu did his thing this year too.  But where Mustard at?  a new movie from YG?  Some feel good chit from Too $hort?

TeeFlii - Blue Lipstick (Feat. Chris Brown): <a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/G8o7HAVCTx0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/G8o7HAVCTx0</a>
Don't give a fuck if none of you ratchet bitches like it.  I fuc wit it
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 01:30:59 PM by Free Suge Knight, Gucci Mane, & BShmurda Welcome Home Tray D »

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Edited to clarify those YG & $hort Dog reflections.  I don't need muthafuckaz gettin that shit confused with that other shit.

OYG is a good actor for what he do and Mr. Shaw stay with that feel good funky shit

"Blame It On The Streets" is pretty tough and I ain't got to explain when it comes to Too $hort
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 01:40:54 PM by Free Suge Knight, Gucci Mane, & BShmurda Welcome Home Tray D »

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
this new kendrick album is lame. you wanna hear hip hop pushin' the envelope go listen to ''and then you shoot your cousin''.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
What makes you think I didn't hear it already and didn't like it?

What makes you think that I don't think, that that album (and that Band) haven't made strides to keep the Soul alive?

CORREA

Speaking of which...  Dom Kennedy needs to get off his ass and put something out.  It ain't Summer without Dom

IamSu did his thing this year too.  But where Mustard at?  a new movie from YG?  Some feel good chit from Too $hort?

TeeFlii - Blue Lipstick (Feat. Chris Brown): <a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/G8o7HAVCTx0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/G8o7HAVCTx0</a>

i cant tell them apart on that song they sound like 2 bitches  :D
you right bout dom tho his lazy ass needs to put something out

CORREA

wake up euro its not 1996 anymore  :D

K-MACC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
this new kendrick album is lame. you wanna hear hip hop pushin' the envelope go listen to ''and then you shoot your cousin''.
yes we know ti bottom bitch nigga

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
Re: Kendrick's "To Pimp A Butterfly" is the evolution revolution of Hip Hop
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2015, 06:39:37 AM »
the only bottom bitch niggas is your father and grandfather u sorry son of a bitch.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

U.N.T.O.U.C.H.A.B.L.E.

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2015, 11:05:23 AM »

Lmfao

CORREA

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2015, 11:44:39 AM »

Lmfao

Lucifuge

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2015, 01:00:59 AM »
I dont know. Some cool tracks, but he's voice changing is wack. On couple tracks he sound like some female.
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2015, 09:28:58 AM »

i cant tell them apart on that song they sound like 2 bitches  :D
you right bout dom tho his lazy ass needs to put something out

Dom Kennedy is underrated