Author Topic: Kendrick's "To Pimp A Butterfly" is the evolution revolution of Hip Hop  (Read 3217 times)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: Kendrick's "To Pimp A Butterfly" is the evolution revolution of Hip Hop
« Reply #60 on: March 26, 2015, 07:39:26 PM »

well, there u go....if u see the outlawz as a cock (white man version), then there lies the problem. i see the outlawz as a mole or a raindrop shadow and i can genuinely feel what they bring to the table.

If you genuinely feel that

See ladies in stores, Baby Capone's, livin wealthy
Pictures of my birth on this Earth is what I'm dreamin
Seein Daddy's semen, full of crooked demons, already crazy

placed in between;

Witnessin killings, leavin dead bodies in abandoned buildings
Can't raise the children cause they're illin
Addicted to killin and the appeal from the cap peelin
Without feelin, but will they last or be blasted?
Hard headed bastard

and this;

The question I wonder is after death, after my last breath
When will I finally get to rest? Through this supression
They punish the people that's askin questions
And those that possess, steal from the ones without possessions
The message I stress: to make it stop study your lessons
Don't settle for less - even a genius asks-es questions
Be grateful for blessings

makes the whole song better, and without Dramacydal the song would suffer, then more power to you, but there are more people on this earth than think Gary Fisher was more vital for the Lakers than Kobe, than there are that think the Oulaws were vital to the success of Tupac's artistic merit.

I think you meant Derek Fisher lol but yea I know what you mean .. and those lyrics are all real to me. the Derek fisher analogy was actually perfect, because outlaws were the role players and pac was the star .. a sport fan like yourself should understand just how vital those sport fans are to the big picture.

Actually I meant Gary Payton.

CORREA

« Reply #61 on: March 26, 2015, 08:22:15 PM »
Evolution of hip hop? nah. original guy with some original tunes? YES.

I love kendrick.

have since GKMC

but this album?

slightly overrated.

its like hiphop fans are so damn thirsty for good tunes that they over-rate albums that are "aiiiighhhhtt"

The Mona Lisa of hip hop this is not.

As a follow up to basically the hubub of Big Sean's record?

lackluster.

And I buy his albums, have love for Kdot, etc..

but I dont see the EVOLUTION of hip hop in this album.

my 2 cents.

are you saying you never heard nothing before GKMC?
as far as em and his 3rd album goes it was a good album prob his best album but no masterpiece em is very overrated and if it wasn't for the fact that hes white he would be just like any other rapper

Blunt Tyme Da Gawd

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #62 on: March 26, 2015, 10:33:05 PM »
TPAB has me re-visiting some old dj quik and man, im just smoking to it and it sounds amazing  8) got me 2 stepping, high and shit

CORREA

« Reply #63 on: March 27, 2015, 12:23:28 AM »
TPAB has me re-visiting some old dj quik and man, im just smoking to it and it sounds amazing  8) got me 2 stepping, high and shit

true that ever since TPAB dropped i been wanting to revisit older music   

Westdog

« Reply #64 on: March 27, 2015, 12:47:27 AM »
The more I listen to the TPAB , the more I love one and find smth new
This my town, I run it, you walk it
You just now learnin’ the game, I taught it

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #65 on: April 03, 2015, 12:21:40 AM »
So after listening to this album for a couple weeks...and then going back and listening to GKMC, Section 80 and Overly Dedicated...

It's not a bad album. But its my least favorite from him. His flow has degraded and the beats aren't as good to me. And he continues the use of weird voices, which I wish he would stop. Still a decent album but I don't like the direction he's going in.

Sccit

« Reply #66 on: April 03, 2015, 12:41:04 AM »
So after listening to this album for a couple weeks...and then going back and listening to GKMC, Section 80 and Overly Dedicated...

It's not a bad album. But its my least favorite from him. His flow has degraded and the beats aren't as good to me. And he continues the use of weird voices, which I wish he would stop. Still a decent album but I don't like the direction he's going in.

agreed bout the weird voices

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #67 on: April 03, 2015, 02:41:21 AM »

SOMETIMES, IT'S THE IMPERFECTIONS THAT MAKES SHIT JUST RIGHT

I agree, but I didn't use the word imperfection. I used the word flaw, and I used it on purpose. An imperfection is the little mole on Eva Mendez's cheek. Its beautiful and makes her more beautiful. A flaw would be a penis between Eva Mendez's legs. And thats what the Outlaws are on Me Against the World, a giant out of place penis between two masterpiece verses.

And I don't mean to harp on those guys. On tracks like Hit Em Up they come in perfectly, but on serious pieces of music they take away from the desired result.

well, there u go....if u see the outlawz as a cock (white man version), then there lies the problem. i see the outlawz as a mole or a raindrop shadow and i can genuinely feel what they bring to the table.

Sccit, what it boils down to in Shallow's eyes is that 2pac is a nigger, and niggers are too sloppy and flawed and can't make classic albums.  You know he's bumping the shit out of rap music in comparison to rock music, but in any debate he will play down hip-hop as inferior—because after all it is nigger music, right?  So it must be flawed.  That's why when he names classic, perfect albums he always references some obscure Rock Band that college frat boys listen to—or Pink Floyd or some shit like that.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Free Suge Knight, Gucci Mane, & BShmurda Welcome Home Tray D

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #68 on: April 03, 2015, 04:55:45 AM »
Tell em Brian

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #69 on: April 03, 2015, 05:58:36 AM »
Calling this a masterpiece is crazy to me..im just glad im not the only one here who see it as overrated

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #70 on: April 03, 2015, 01:52:06 PM »
Calling this a masterpiece is crazy to me..im just glad im not the only one here who see it as overrated

I'm with you dawg... I ain't bumped anything Kendricks done except "The Recipe" and that's only because that was a Detox leftover
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Desert Lord

« Reply #71 on: April 03, 2015, 03:18:48 PM »

I'm with you dawg... I ain't bumped anything Kendricks done except "The Recipe" and that's only because that was a Detox leftover

so you don't even checked his new album, but made your final opinion about kendrick?

Remedy360

« Reply #72 on: April 03, 2015, 05:34:19 PM »

SOMETIMES, IT'S THE IMPERFECTIONS THAT MAKES SHIT JUST RIGHT

I agree, but I didn't use the word imperfection. I used the word flaw, and I used it on purpose. An imperfection is the little mole on Eva Mendez's cheek. Its beautiful and makes her more beautiful. A flaw would be a penis between Eva Mendez's legs. And thats what the Outlaws are on Me Against the World, a giant out of place penis between two masterpiece verses.

And I don't mean to harp on those guys. On tracks like Hit Em Up they come in perfectly, but on serious pieces of music they take away from the desired result.

Sccit, what it boils down to in Shallow's eyes is that 2pac is a nigger, and niggers are too sloppy and flawed and can't make classic albums.  You know he's bumping the shit out of rap music in comparison to rock music, but in any debate he will play down hip-hop as inferior—because after all it is nigger music, right?  So it must be flawed.  That's why when he names classic, perfect albums he always references some obscure Rock Band that college frat boys listen to—or Pink Floyd or some shit like that.

Lol you look for any excuse possible to drop the word "nigger" in some form or another.

Blood$

« Reply #73 on: April 05, 2015, 11:44:44 AM »

lmao stay out of Kendrick threads from here on out

Sccit

« Reply #74 on: April 05, 2015, 12:08:42 PM »

lmao stay out of Kendrick threads from here on out

if u think he gets hated here, go check the coli