Author Topic: R.I.P. To The Godfather Of Gangsta Rap....20 Years Later  (Read 1759 times)

BigMeazy

Re: R.I.P. To The Godfather Of Gangsta Rap....20 Years Later
« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2015, 09:48:10 PM »
Great tribute post smh glad hope none of his family happens to see it

villain

• 'G'
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2015, 11:20:35 PM »
whoever tuned into the julio g show on the 26th

yall know what im talking about here

that unreleased eazy e mc eiht joint was god damn muthafucking FIRE

someone gotta RELEASE THAT

cant find it anywhere heard it on the live broadcast my ears almost went deaf.... somebody anybody throw that shit up

Free Suge Knight, Gucci Mane, & BShmurda Welcome Home Tray D

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2015, 06:11:09 AM »
All these years and still no real unreleased music has been put out.  I think I know why and that's okay, but deep down I'm a little crushed

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #49 on: March 29, 2015, 06:21:31 AM »
All these years and still no real unreleased music has been put out.  I think I know why and that's okay, but deep down I'm a little crushed
if it's not gonna be released in og form then I don't wanna hear it.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: March 29, 2015, 06:22:25 AM »
whoever tuned into the julio g show on the 26th

yall know what im talking about here

that unreleased eazy e mc eiht joint was god damn muthafucking FIRE

someone gotta RELEASE THAT

cant find it anywhere heard it on the live broadcast my ears almost went deaf.... somebody anybody throw that shit up
some gangsta shit huh... 8)
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2015, 06:31:30 AM »
if it's not gonna be released in og form then I don't wanna hear it.

#Stamp

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: March 29, 2015, 06:41:19 AM »
http://m.power1051fm.com/onair/emez-49301/suge-knight-admitted-eazye-was-killed-13451023
every time I hear that it pisses me off....makes you wonder....

Still don't believe Hip Hop is the tool for Mind Control and suppression of the Black Conscious?

Wake up

The Predator

« Reply #54 on: March 29, 2015, 06:44:23 AM »
One of the last songs Eazy recorded was in the vein of 'Real Muthafuckin G'z',  a mid 90s G-Funk reply to 'No Vaseline'.

Yella should get a pass from Cube to release it at some point.
Every N.W.A fan wants to hear it.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 06:48:28 AM by The Predator »

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: March 29, 2015, 07:04:24 AM »
Yes.  I've heard about that song.  Way back in my tinder years.  Never got the scope on how it sounded but I do remember it being a diss record to Ice Cube. 

They should throw it on the Soundtrack.  They could even have a new NWA record come on right after that about reminiscing over the game with a chuckle or two from Cube and Dre laughing it off fading into the new track.

The possibilities are endless for how they could freak that whole situation

The Predator

« Reply #56 on: March 29, 2015, 07:39:41 AM »
13 Rappers Remember Eazy-E on the 20th Anniversary of His Death

On March 26, 1995, the world lost an icon. Eazy-E, co-founder of the infamous rap group N.W.A, succumbed to AIDS nearly one month after his diagnosis. Eazy, born Eric Wright, joined forces with Dr. Dre, Ice Cube, Arabian Prince, DJ Yella and MC Ren in the late 1980s and set the tone for what the media would later dub gangsta rap. More often than not, he and the members are credited for laying the blueprint for what they referred to as reality rap, in which they detailed the raw, uncut occurrences of life in Compton, Calif.

Two decades after his unexpected passing, Eazy's legacy lives on. When reflecting on the present state of hip-hop, one can certainly pick out elements lifted from the style pioneered by Eazy-E and N.W.A. As a unit, they laid the foundation for a new breed of hip-hop that still thrives today.

N.W.A began blazing the trail in the late 1980s and released their debut album, Straight Outta Compton, in 1988. The record included tracks like "Fuck Tha Police" and "Gangsta Gangsta," both monumental efforts for the realm of rap at the time. Eazy would then go on to release his solo debut, Eazy-Duz-It, just weeks later, and the stage was set for the West Coast takeover that spilled over into the early 1990s.

Presently, the surviving members of N.W.A are readying the release of N.W.A’s biopic Straight Outta Compton. The upcoming picture, directed by F. Gary Gray, will focus on the rise and fall of the Compton rap crew and is set for release on Aug. 14 of this year. But today, March 26, 2015, XXL is celebrating the 20th anniversary of the day that Eazy-E passed on by honoring the late MC's legacy. We spoke to everyone from Ice Cube to The Game and even Bone Thugs-N-Harmony about Eazy's continuing influence and what parts of him still live on. —Miranda J.

Ice Cube
Ice Cube: Man, time just goes extra fast it seems like. It’s crazy for it to even be 20 years. It doesn’t seem like it.

[I miss], I guess, his sense of humor. He had a kind of dark sense of humor. He was funny. His mentality, he was really smart and knew how to promote and sell, that was his thing. He knew what would work. He knew what good music was, compared to stuff that wasn’t going to sell. That dude was pretty smart.

I think we opened up entertainment and artists to all spectrums. It was a part of entertainment that was kind of taboo and only comedians would tap into it, like Redd Foxx, more or less Richard Pryor, [they] would kind of tap into these zones, but it was still considered blue entertainment back in the day. With Eazy-E and N.W.A, we made it easy for artists to be themselves and still be just as famous as the squeaky clean artists who were kind of hiding behind a reality curtain. We actually sprang true freedom in entertainment. For artists, if they were raw, they could be raw. If they were a bad boy, they didn’t have to try to be a good boy. They could be themselves. And to me, it sparked a whole revolution of shows like The Osbournes, South Park and people like Eminem, Marilyn Manson and even The Sopranos. It just opened up a flood gate.

[I think we were] architects of [gangsta rap]. I think we did it the best and we were fearless. We go right up there with...but, you have to add people in the mix like Ice-T, people like KRS-One who did “Criminal Minded,” which to me was a gangsta record, groups like Public Enemy, even though they weren’t doing gangster rap, they were definitely standing up for themselves in a way that music hadn’t done in a while. So I think it’s just, we helped coin—not the phrase, the phrase was coined by the media—we called it reality rap when it first came out; the media took it and started calling it gangsta rap, that was a little more sensationalized than reality rap. It was something that if it would have stayed reality rap, the music would probably have a little bit more substance than it has now.

It’s a trip because our style was new when we did it. Not too many people were even attempting to do music that hard. So we thought everybody else would keep their own styles, but we saw hip-hop kind of change into gangsta hop, pretty much. Everybody was doing hardcore records and now, that’s pretty much the norm. It’s kind of like being Dr. Frankenstein in a lot of ways, building a monster that you can’t control. We thought that this would be our style and nobody would bite because biting used to be taboo in hip-hop. But now, it’s damn near mandatory.

Warren G
Warren G: Eazy was one of the coolest cats I've encountered in this music business and he was one of the first guys to believe in me and know I had talent. When I was real young, I used to ask him and Dre to go and hang with them when they were the HIGH POWERED CRU. He always showed me love, no matter what. Eazy is truly missed and [there] would not be a lane for me and others if it wasn't for him. Happy anniversary from the professor Warren G.

The Game
The Game: Eazy is and always will be the God of gangsta rap. Any time someone mentions a car, flossing, money, drugs, guns, bitches, hoes, hood rats, groupies, rebelling, Compton, California, being a thug, the streets, alcohol or anything that goes against the grain in a rap song in this genre of hip-hop... That's Eazy-E. Know that, respect that and we are good.

YG
YG: Eazy-E helped pave the way for gangsta rap, as y'all call it. Straight out Kelly Park. It's nothing but love and respect from my side.

MC Ren
MC Ren: His vision still lives on and his legacy grows stronger year after year and with the movie coming it will grow bigger than we can imagine. He lives on by his groundbreaking business dealings, [his] music and children. Without him the hip-hop game would be dull and who knows what else. He is forever missed and thought of. The world misses you, E.

Krayzie Bone
Krayzie Bone: What stands out to me is the vision that he had. E may not have been the best MC, but he was a great visionary. And without his vision, you don't get the world's most dangerous group, N.W.A. His vision is what branded the West Coast as a major force in hip-hop. The world can learn a lot from his existence in many ways. If you know the history of his legacy, then you know the many ups and downs, the many mistakes that were made.

Hearing those kind of true life stories can teach us all very valuable lessons in life. They should know that he was a very down to earth dude, loved to joke around, very smart in the way that he turned his negatives into positives and was responsible for the birth of West Coast hip-hop.

Nipsey Hu$$le
Nipsey Hu$$le: Eazy-E was the most authentic voice and attitude to speak for gang and street culture in L.A., Compton, Watts and Long Beach in the '80s and '90s.

Wish Bone
Wish Bone: Man, this marks a day when I thought [Bones Thugs-N-Harmony's] whole new world just crumbled and [it was] back to the block. [We had] a very short, but good time with him. A great friend left us, not to mention a music icon. I still don't believe it sometimes, but I remember God only gives us what we can handle. And as you can see, he's still looking out for us.

Kid Ink
Kid Ink: Eazy-E is a West Coast icon and a true hip-hop Renaissance Man... He showed us that you could be a gangster, a businessman and be fly all at the same time. That's a triple threat; that hasn't been executed very many times.

Chevy Woods
Chevy Woods: "Real Compton City G's" was the first song that I heard from Eazy and from that day on, it's been the only song that I connect him with. Even though I listened to that whole CD [It's On (Dr. Dre) 187um Killa], that one song was the first song with cursing in it that my mom didn't know I knew the lyrics to, so I used to sneak and play it real low and just act like I was Eazy-E.

I feel like his style, the hat, shades and the interviews, he really gave hip-hop one of its first real voices in the game. Being from the East Coast, I'm kind of on the outside looking in, so it's easy to see how much of an influence Eazy had on the West Coast sound.

Bizzy Bone
Bizzy Bone: To my mentor who made sure my life would be grand, after life blessings from afar from us all. Eazy-E...

Flesh-N-Bone
Flesh-N-Bone: Eric Wright is a true martyr in hip-hop, especially for Bone Thugs-N-Harmony. He is more than a mentor. He believed in us and he invested in us. We carry on and keep his legacy alive with honor.

Problem
Problem: Eazy-E is the God of West Coast rap. He is the beginning of hip-hop entrepreneurship. N.W.A Independently changed the way THE WHOLE FUCKIN WORLD rapped! ...and [he was] a REAL COMPTON CITY G! RIP to Mr. Wright.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #57 on: March 29, 2015, 07:58:40 AM »
http://m.power1051fm.com/onair/emez-49301/suge-knight-admitted-eazye-was-killed-13451023

Still don't believe Hip Hop is the tool for Mind Control and suppression of the Black Conscious?

Wake up
man that was some behind the scenes shit that got eazy killed (possibly jerry heller) I don't think it was any deeper than that.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #58 on: March 29, 2015, 08:00:28 AM »

Wake up
man that was some behind the scenes shit that got eazy killed (possibly jerry heller) I don't think it was any deeper than that.

Somethin tells me that you're one of them dudes who ain't never left his City before lol

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #59 on: March 29, 2015, 08:01:09 AM »

Wake up

Somethin tells me that you're one of them dudes who ain't never left his City before lol
nigga stop playin' wit me !