Author Topic: 15 Rappers Who Never Dropped A Classic Album Listed By HipHopWired  (Read 1127 times)

BIGWORM

Re: 15 Rappers Who Never Dropped A Classic Album Listed By HipHopWired
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2015, 08:11:43 PM »
^ You shouldn't assume my friend. If being "stuck in the 90's" means that my favorite "age" in hip hop was the 90's, your god damn right. However if it means because I'm not a Kendrick nut hugger, your absolutely mistaken. I do believe that this is the worst time for hip hop but its also the best because I don't have to listen to that hip pop, trap shit or westcoast hipster music. I listen to a whole shit load of new artists and like what they are doing. But to be a bit more honest hip hop/rap isn't even in my top 5 genres of music anymore.

But back to Kendrick having "classic" albums LMFAO stop comparing it to Riff Raff and lets see how classic it really is. Like I said not even a classic song let alone album.

If you can be kind enough to give me a title of one of his songs you consider "classic" let me know so I can listen to what the people that aren't stuck in the 90's like. 

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2015, 08:57:07 PM »
^ You shouldn't assume my friend. If being "stuck in the 90's" means that my favorite "age" in hip hop was the 90's, your god damn right. However if it means because I'm not a Kendrick nut hugger, your absolutely mistaken. I do believe that this is the worst time for hip hop but its also the best because I don't have to listen to that hip pop, trap shit or westcoast hipster music. I listen to a whole shit load of new artists and like what they are doing. But to be a bit more honest hip hop/rap isn't even in my top 5 genres of music anymore.

But back to Kendrick having "classic" albums LMFAO stop comparing it to Riff Raff and lets see how classic it really is. Like I said not even a classic song let alone album.

If you can be kind enough to give me a title of one of his songs you consider "classic" let me know so I can listen to what the people that aren't stuck in the 90's like. 

Just a song? m.A.A.d. city, Blacker the Berry, I'm Dying of Thrust, How Much a Dollar Cost

Sccit

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2015, 10:32:36 PM »

i agree, gkmc is a great album, but not classic....compared to true classics of the golden era, it's not even close. and it's not about bein stuck in the past, because theres still dope shit out there. but shit typically gets worse with time. just like people age and eventually get worse, same goes for everything in life...including rap music. gkmc may be a modern day "classic", just like the miami heat were a modern day dynasty....but compared to the chronic, or compared to the nba dynastys of the 80s, it's not even close. showtime lakers woulda swept the heat @mdogg

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2015, 10:59:51 PM »

i agree, gkmc is a great album, but not classic....compared to true classics of the golden era, it's not even close. and it's not about bein stuck in the past, because theres still dope shit out there. but shit typically gets worse with time. just like people age and eventually get worse, same goes for everything in life...including rap music. gkmc may be a modern day "classic", just like the miami heat were a modern day dynasty....but compared to the chronic, or compared to the nba dynastys of the 80s, it's not even close. showtime lakers woulda swept the heat @mdogg

LMAO... Showtime vs. the Heat. Of course Showtime sweeps the Heat, and does so by an average of 15 points, only because Magic got bored.

Sccit

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2015, 11:02:12 PM »

LMAO... Showtime vs. the Heat. Of course Showtime sweeps the Heat, and does so by an average of 15 points, only because Magic got bored.

my ficca

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2015, 11:24:41 PM »

my ficca

Dude, when LeBron first left I said the Heat wouldn't win for long, and they struggled to win coming out a weak east. The east is historically bad, like worst conference of all time levels right now.

Sccit

« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2015, 12:32:15 AM »

my ficca

Dude, when LeBron first left I said the Heat wouldn't win for long, and they struggled to win coming out a weak east. The east is historically bad, like worst conference of all time levels right now.

really tho...western conference playoffs is must watch tv

eastern conference playoffs guna be like preseason compared 2 that shit

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2015, 02:35:37 AM »

THEY NOT COUNTIN GROUP EFFORTS, OTHERWISE METHOD MAN GOT CLASSICS WIT WU

True... And that's the reason I don't think Meth should be on this list, because 36 Chambers is a classic.  It would be like saying that Kurupt never had a classic album, and not giving him his necessary props for Dogg Food?

...and btw, TICAL IS NOT A CLASSIC.  Even Meth admits it was sloppy, rushed, and should've been a lot better.  It contained two classic solo joints though, "Bring The Pain" is one of the greatest hip-hop songs and videos of all-time and so is "All I Need" with Mary J. 
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

HighEyeCue

« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2015, 04:30:25 PM »

THEY NOT COUNTIN GROUP EFFORTS, OTHERWISE METHOD MAN GOT CLASSICS WIT WU

True... And that's the reason I don't think Meth should be on this list, because 36 Chambers is a classic.  It would be like saying that Kurupt never had a classic album, and not giving him his necessary props for Dogg Food?

...and btw, TICAL IS NOT A CLASSIC.  Even Meth admits it was sloppy, rushed, and should've been a lot better.  It contained two classic solo joints though, "Bring The Pain" is one of the greatest hip-hop songs and videos of all-time and so is "All I Need" with Mary J. 

agreed...to not include group efforts is kind of silly

btw "Tical" didnt contain "All I Need" with Mary J, that was the remix version

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2015, 06:34:50 PM »
I will say, if the remix never happened, the original track would still be seen as a classic track as Method Man ripped that song. But once you hear the remix, then you can never hear the original the same... LOL. That remix was just amazing. But Method Man held his own, and once the right mix was laid down it really highlighted how great Method Man's performance on that song was.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2015, 08:12:40 PM »
ya'll are stupid if you don't think Tical is a classic

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2015, 09:41:14 PM »

I mean, was it as good as Raekwon or Ghostface Killah's albums?

Free Suge Knight, Gucci Mane, & BShmurda Welcome Home Tray D

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2015, 06:57:03 AM »

Absolutely!

I love that album.  It was one of the first albums that I remembered every word to Bar for Bar.

But excluding my own personal sentimental value to it I would say to your point of comparing the three is that it holds it's own.  Not just to those two but to all of the other Wu releases as well.  And I question the person who says it doesn't

And whole time the album wasn't even completed right (allegedly), just like "Doggystyle".  So just imagine if he would've held out for another 3-4 months and actually went in a little deeper into the Production side of it.  

Free Suge Knight, Gucci Mane, & BShmurda Welcome Home Tray D

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2015, 07:35:32 AM »
No "Adrenaline Rush" tho.

I'm starting to be convinced that anybody who has a College Education or is in the process of getting one should be allowed LIMITED access to Hip Hop Panels, Editorials, and Commissions.

The gaps in these articles I be readin be hurtin

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2015, 11:32:07 AM »

Absolutely!

I love that album.  It was one of the first albums that I remembered every word to Bar for Bar.

But excluding my own personal sentimental value to it I would say to your point of comparing the three is that it holds it's own.  Not just to those two but to all of the other Wu releases as well.  And I question the person who says it doesn't

And whole time the album wasn't even completed right (allegedly), just like "Doggystyle".  So just imagine if he would've held out for another 3-4 months and actually went in a little deeper into the Production side of it.  

Really? Hum? You know you are one of very few that share this right?