Author Topic: Africans in The Military (Response to Da Cracka)  (Read 111 times)

Damon X from ATL

• 'G'
  • The Black Man is God (Divine Asiatic God Allah)
Africans in The Military (Response to Da Cracka)
« on: April 08, 2003, 01:21:46 PM »
Looking back on some past threads. I thought this was important due to the fact that Africans here in the diaspora are put in a situation that is often unlike those from "whiter" environments. Again our ancestors must be turning in the graves, knowing that WE are defending a nation who still doesn't consider us on equal footing. But in the immortal words of Ice Cube...."I wanna kill Sam, cause he ain't my muthafuckin' Uncle........."

Yet the same thing happens to any race. It not like it was a draft. He enlisted into the military. There are certainly ways to get out of a draft like an appeal against the Selective Services board that you are morally against the war. It seems like he wanted to go fight.. Its not like they drug him against his will to Kuwait.

African-American ambivalence toward the war against Iraq is directly related to persistent problems of racism, profiling, incarceration rates, homelessness and general economic distress in too many areas of this country. Often, when African-Americans criticize this country's policies, they are targeted. There is a ``reality gap'' between white majority America and its minorities. A recent Gallup poll found a high percentage of disaffection, with 78 percent of whites favoring the war and only 29 percent of blacks for it -- a gap of 49 points. Nearly seven in 10 blacks (68 percent) opposed the war.

In every foreign war since the Spanish-American War, African-Americans have served in the U.S. armed forces, winning medals and accolades. But the fact is, this country continues to struggle with the problem of racism and its institutional impact. Critical thinkers have written about the problem and how blacks have taken an independent analysis of the war separate from the Bush administration political line. Walter Mosley's What Next: A Memoir Toward World Peace and The Paradox of Loyalty: An African-American Response to the War on Terrorism, edited by Julianne Malveaux and Regina Green, are recent books that discuss the contradiction of service to country and patriotism in the context of racism.

During World War II, black servicemen and women were ``fighting on two fronts.'' It seems as if we're continuing that battle today. African-Americans and other maligned groups have historically been the moral barometer calling for institutional change, often going against the administration's official position. Their interpretation of the reasons for this war may also be a reason for the lack of uniform support for it.

Many Iraqis perceive this war as an attack against their homeland, as evidenced by the return of more than 6,000 of them to Iraq. Maybe blacks believe this, too, remembering the many coup d'etats in Africa and South America done in the name of U.S. interests.

Maybe because of this interpretative analytical difference, African-American peace activists' opinions are different than those of the activists who are organizing marches, rallies and vigils throughout this country. The anti-war movement has yet to mobilize those communities most experienced at dealing with domestic terrorism. Perhaps the reality gap identified in the opinion polls is one of the reasons why. The movement needs more people not willing to do business as usual, ready to stand up for justice by their actions.

Sen. Tom Daschle, Bill Maher and Peter Arnett all have felt the pressure to conform to the existing political line. Oppressed communities will be waiting this one out until the dust settles.

www.abvdlaw.com
Official Website of Above The Law

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:Africans in The Military (Response to Da Cracka)
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2003, 03:07:20 PM »
You idiot, you didn't write that you pulled it out of a newspaper.

Besides, none of that has anything to do with the post you are responding to.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2003, 03:09:53 PM by CWalker187 »

Agua

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2003, 03:09:07 PM »

so what cgimmick? whenever you come up with "news" it's actually pulled out of your ass.

Damon X from ATL

• 'G'
  • The Black Man is God (Divine Asiatic God Allah)
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2003, 03:22:20 PM »

Besides, none of that has anything to do with the post you are responding to.

Excuse me Jamie Kennedy, where did I say I wrote this? Ohhhh I didn't, did I? Next this deals with my people in the military and Da Cracka's quote deals with Africans in the military? See the similarities? I know you are not as intelligent as some have thought, but since all your news is based from "news-source", please tell "us" who wrote this article. I'll be ready for your answer "newshound."  ;)
www.abvdlaw.com
Official Website of Above The Law

KING VerbalAssaulta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2003, 08:05:55 AM »
you idiot....maybe cause you have it ruff, doesnt mean you go making silly irrelevant excuses...its people like you that hold back racial equality when you constantly base your complaints on skin color...and you did pull that out of a newspaper

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2003, 09:07:17 PM »
Why is this guy allowed to call white people cracka? I thought racism was banned from WCC?...Am I allowed to call him a dirty cotton picking nigger?

bLaDe

• The Paradoxical Third Eye
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ..: Monolith :..
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2003, 01:02:43 AM »
Why is this guy allowed to call white people cracka? I thought racism was banned from WCC?...Am I allowed to call him a dirty cotton picking nigger?

Thats his nickname I guess, he just left the 'animal'  out lol.  Oh btw, I accidently deleted your post in the other thread where I tell Grinch Nilla to tone down his racism.  

-{bLaDe}
Waving My Double Edged Sword, God Sharpened My Blade...
Its Just Me Against The World, And The Evil That He Made...