Author Topic: Kendrick Lamar - King Kunta music video  (Read 3323 times)

Dogg Ly Dogg

Re: Kendrick Lamar - King Kunta music video
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2015, 01:24:52 PM »
doesn't sound anything like g-funk to me

It's pretty much the same beat of the sample used which was a DJ Quik beat so it is definitely G-Funk to me

Sccit

« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2015, 01:43:24 PM »

G-Funk is a very wide sound. The most common would be something like Warren G. But King Kunta sounds like some Suga Free stuff from the 90's, and that also was under G-Funk. Or DJ Quik, more of the harder stuff like Down, Down, Down.

g-funk is what snoop, dre and the dpg were doin in the early 90s. that suga free dj quik shit is them bein influenced by g-funk while doin their own shit.

at the end of the day, it all derives from funk.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2015, 01:54:26 PM »

G-Funk is a very wide sound. The most common would be something like Warren G. But King Kunta sounds like some Suga Free stuff from the 90's, and that also was under G-Funk. Or DJ Quik, more of the harder stuff like Down, Down, Down.

g-funk is what snoop, dre and the dpg were doin in the early 90s. that suga free dj quik shit is them bein influenced by g-funk while doin their own shit.

G-Funk also had hints of reggae, gangsta rap, and pure funk. It was a blend of many different genres of music. What DJ Quik did was also in that same genre. You can hear DJ Quik all over the King Kunta. Mixed with more classic funk, and hard aggressive modern rap. It's like an updated form of G-Funk.

Sccit

« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2015, 01:56:44 PM »

G-Funk also had hints of reggae, gangsta rap, and pure funk. It was a blend of many different genres of music. What DJ Quik did was also in that same genre. You can hear DJ Quik all over the King Kunta. Mixed with more classic funk, and hard aggressive modern rap. It's like an updated form of G-Funk.

kendrick aint no g tho...so it's just neo-funk

LOL

real shit tho

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2015, 02:13:22 PM »

LOL

real shit tho

Damn, LOL... don't need to be a G. 75% of them rappers who were G-Funk weren't no G. Warren G sure as hell wasn't a G, and he was the biggest muthaphukka on that G-Funk shit. Dr. Dre wasn't no G, DJ Yella sure as hell wasn't a G, how he gonna be a founder of Gangsta rap. Domino, Mr. Grimm, all them muthaphukkaz.

Kendrick is taking it back, paying homage to an era of rap that was dominated by Compton, and putting the Compton Swap Meet in the video before it turns to a Wal Mart. This was paying homage.

Sccit

« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2015, 02:46:06 PM »

LOL

real shit tho

Damn, LOL... don't need to be a G. 75% of them rappers who were G-Funk weren't no G. Warren G sure as hell wasn't a G, and he was the biggest muthaphukka on that G-Funk shit. Dr. Dre wasn't no G, DJ Yella sure as hell wasn't a G, how he gonna be a founder of Gangsta rap. Domino, Mr. Grimm, all them muthaphukkaz.

Kendrick is taking it back, paying homage to an era of rap that was dominated by Compton, and putting the Compton Swap Meet in the video before it turns to a Wal Mart. This was paying homage.

they werent all gs, but they were all on some g shit, and thats where the g in g-funk comes from.....this aint no g-funk brodie.

un0mic

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Aaaaaaannnd weeeeeee'reeeeee baaaaaaaaack!!!
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2015, 03:04:31 PM »
banger 8)
Wowzers!
L.A.M.B. Bitch!
-M.O.

CORREA

« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2015, 03:12:09 PM »

LOL

real shit tho

at least Kendrick never claimed that bullshit unlike those fake "G" studio gangstas  ;D

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2015, 05:14:50 PM »

LOL

real shit tho

they werent all gs, but they were all on some g shit, and thats where the g in g-funk comes from.....this aint no g-funk brodie.

Because Kendrick wasn't on some gangsta shit? Listen to it again.

Sccit

« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2015, 05:30:43 PM »

LOL

real shit tho

Because Kendrick wasn't on some gangsta shit? Listen to it again.

PRETTY SURE I HEARD ALL THE LYRICS....WHERE IS KENDRICK ON SOME GANGSTA SHIT? POINT IT OUT TO ME AND I'LL GLADLY EXPLAIN WHY YOU'RE NOT UNDERSTANDING.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2015, 05:46:49 PM »
I was gonna kill a couple rappers but they did it to themselves
Everybody's suicidal they don't even need my help
This shit is elementary, I'll probably go to jail
If I shoot at your identity and bounce to the left
Stuck a flag in my city, everybody's screamin' "Compton"
I should probably run for Mayor when I'm done, to be honest
And I put that on my Mama and my baby boo too
Twenty million walkin' out the court buildin', woo woo!
Ah yeah, fuck the judge
I made it past 25 and there I was
A little nappy headed nigga with the world behind him
Life ain't shit but a fat vagina

All followed by gun fire

Sccit

« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2015, 07:51:14 PM »
he's not spittin gangsta shit, he's spittin ABOUT gangsta shit....in a 3rd person perspective. marv albert, not kobe bryant.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2015, 08:05:16 PM »
he's not spittin gangsta shit, he's spittin ABOUT gangsta shit....in a 3rd person perspective. marv albert, not kobe bryant.

Now you reaching... LOL... it's all good homie.

Sccit

« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2015, 08:51:41 PM »

Now you reaching... LOL... it's all good homie.

how am i reaching? he's anti-gangsta......ud literally have to be a retard to not see that LOL.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2015, 09:01:16 PM »

Maybe Jamaicans are different than LA blacks, but I've known a lot of dangerous criminals in my life and not one of them ever spoke publicly about the crimes they committed or the violence they caused. They didn't like the attention. I also knew a lot of not dangerous at all tag a long guys on the block and almost everyone one of them brag on and on about the things they do, even though it wasn't really them that done it.

My point is, I think everyone on the Gangsta scene is Marv Albert to some extent. But again, LA thugs may be different.