Author Topic: Kendrick Lamar - King Kunta music video  (Read 3322 times)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Re: Kendrick Lamar - King Kunta music video
« Reply #60 on: April 08, 2015, 01:40:20 PM »
u called it neo-g-funk......LOL. only now you're twisting shit up like u do best when u start losin a debate. i see ux2

I said the first comment not knowing it's going to be a debate for no reason at all. I heard the track, I heard homage to G-Funk, yet with a more modern twist, therefore neo-G-Funk. Then as I stated over and over and over again, this track is paying homage to that old school, DJ Quik/Suga Free G-Funk. I had no idea you'd take this personal.

Sccit

« Reply #61 on: April 08, 2015, 02:11:09 PM »
u called it neo-g-funk......LOL. only now you're twisting shit up like u do best when u start losin a debate. i see ux2

I said the first comment not knowing it's going to be a debate for no reason at all. I heard the track, I heard homage to G-Funk, yet with a more modern twist, therefore neo-G-Funk. Then as I stated over and over and over again, this track is paying homage to that old school, DJ Quik/Suga Free G-Funk. I had no idea you'd take this personal.

it's not personal in the least bit bruh.. as long as you understand that it's not g-funk or neo-g-funk, then we debatin over nothin. at the end of the day, it's still neo-funk tho. he payin homage to the parliment...and since suga free, dr. dre, dj quik etc all paid homage to parliment too, thats what u hearin.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #62 on: April 08, 2015, 03:14:03 PM »

who's to say it's not art? action movies can be just as artistic as dramas....not everything has to be deep and articulate to be art. thats a common mistake that people with a superiority complex make. sometimes, it's the simple things in life that make the best art.

and while kendrick tries his hardest to sound sophisticated, artistic, and musically superior, his effort isn't half as good as an album like "dogg food". thats authentic shit straight from the soul.. they didn't have to try so hard, it was natural, and u can hear it in the product....not to mention, kendrick's shit isn't anywhere close to "dogg food" sonically.

and thats why "dogg food" is a better piece of art than "to pimp a butterfly"... and also why things dont need to be so intricate and complex to be considered a masterpieces.

You're right. Action can be high art and gangsta rap can be high art. Like Yojimbo Pulp Fiction or Unforgiven, or Amerikkka's Most Wanted or Under Pressure by Pac. But Steven Seagal is not high art and neither is Dogg Food. Its not about genre's its about how much you are willing to express vs how successful you want it to be, and not just economically successful, but success among peers. If you sell out your vision or emotions for the sake of an award its just as bad as for the sake of a platinum plaque.

DPG did it as much for the cash, and the homies as they did it for themselves and their own artistic expression. Its evident in the output.

Dogg is as much bullshit as it is straight shit. Bragging about this and bragging about that. Its not all like that but a lot of it. And full out denigrating to woman all over the place. Its fun stuff, especially for adolescent ears, but as you grow up it gets less funny and more pathetic. Daz and Kurupt have great skill, they simply chose to waste it on garbage concepts. The devil got to them.

No fan of Kendrick now will ever look at any part of Butterfly in 15 years and ay that's just stupid childish shit. No, Butterfly doesn't have the sonic bumpability of a lot of tracks on Dogg Food but its all from the soul, as opposed to partly from the soul and partly from the soulless.

Sccit

« Reply #63 on: April 08, 2015, 04:15:43 PM »

who's to say it's not art? action movies can be just as artistic as dramas....not everything has to be deep and articulate to be art. thats a common mistake that people with a superiority complex make. sometimes, it's the simple things in life that make the best art.

and while kendrick tries his hardest to sound sophisticated, artistic, and musically superior, his effort isn't half as good as an album like "dogg food". thats authentic shit straight from the soul.. they didn't have to try so hard, it was natural, and u can hear it in the product....not to mention, kendrick's shit isn't anywhere close to "dogg food" sonically.

and thats why "dogg food" is a better piece of art than "to pimp a butterfly"... and also why things dont need to be so intricate and complex to be considered a masterpieces.

You're right. Action can be high art and gangsta rap can be high art. Like Yojimbo Pulp Fiction or Unforgiven, or Amerikkka's Most Wanted or Under Pressure by Pac. But Steven Seagal is not high art and neither is Dogg Food. Its not about genre's its about how much you are willing to express vs how successful you want it to be, and not just economically successful, but success among peers. If you sell out your vision or emotions for the sake of an award its just as bad as for the sake of a platinum plaque.

DPG did it as much for the cash, and the homies as they did it for themselves and their own artistic expression. Its evident in the output.

Dogg is as much bullshit as it is straight shit. Bragging about this and bragging about that. Its not all like that but a lot of it. And full out denigrating to woman all over the place. Its fun stuff, especially for adolescent ears, but as you grow up it gets less funny and more pathetic. Daz and Kurupt have great skill, they simply chose to waste it on garbage concepts. The devil got to them.

No fan of Kendrick now will ever look at any part of Butterfly in 15 years and ay that's just stupid childish shit. No, Butterfly doesn't have the sonic bumpability of a lot of tracks on Dogg Food but its all from the soul, as opposed to partly from the soul and partly from the soulless.

thats why mufuckaz who stay young at heart are always the coolest to be around..."growing out" of a music genre is just more uppity bullshit to me. if u enjoyed "dogg food" at 20, you should be able to enjoy it just as much at 40. theres nothing forced about what daz and kurupt are spitting...thats my point. kendrick's shit sounds way more forced and contrived, as if he's trying really hard to break barriers and be articulate. daz and kurupt were spittin basic gangsta shit, but did it better than pretty much anyone ever did. thats what true art is...when you're the best at what you do. mos def and public enemy were better at spittin pro-black, conscious rap than kendrick is, and it sounded more natural when they did it....not to say kendrick is bad at it, but u can tell it's very contrived. so yea, thats why "dogg food" is a classic while this new kendrick album has a ways to go.

in essence, i think kurupt and daz were expressing themselves and spittin what they truly felt, as opposed to kendrick, who sounds like he's spittin what he thinks listeners WANT to hear. he knows people like u are guna sit there and go "wow, what a positive message...he's changing hip-hop" that was his intention. it doesn't sound nearly as genuine as "aint no fun" or "new york new york".....it's still good, but it's missing that sincere, organic element. and as i mentioned, they are sonically on two different levels. not even in the same league.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #64 on: April 08, 2015, 05:56:44 PM »

it's not personal in the least bit bruh.. as long as you understand that it's not g-funk or neo-g-funk, then we debatin over nothin. at the end of the day, it's still neo-funk tho. he payin homage to the parliment...and since suga free, dr. dre, dj quik etc all paid homage to parliment too, thats what u hearin.

I understand where you coming from, I don't agree at all, but I understand. What I want you to understand is what I'm saying. Ignoring my words ain't exactly how you win a debate when I never tried to debate. And then claim some higher view and how you right when you just choice to ignore me dogg. Hey, as I said, it's some neo-G-Funk shit, it's paying homage to G-Funk. Why I say it's neo-G-Funk? Because it's funk music with rap lyrics over it. It's stylistically G-Funk. The G-Funk formula is rap lyrics over some funk beats. FUNK, real FUNK music is singing over funk music. Period. There is no rapping in funk. The very few rapping that's done in funk is spoken word, NOT rapping.

Sccit

« Reply #65 on: April 08, 2015, 07:16:36 PM »

I understand where you coming from, I don't agree at all, but I understand. What I want you to understand is what I'm saying. Ignoring my words ain't exactly how you win a debate when I never tried to debate. And then claim some higher view and how you right when you just choice to ignore me dogg. Hey, as I said, it's some neo-G-Funk shit, it's paying homage to G-Funk. Why I say it's neo-G-Funk? Because it's funk music with rap lyrics over it. It's stylistically G-Funk. The G-Funk formula is rap lyrics over some funk beats. FUNK, real FUNK music is singing over funk music. Period. There is no rapping in funk. The very few rapping that's done in funk is spoken word, NOT rapping.

OK

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #66 on: April 08, 2015, 08:23:18 PM »

thats why mufuckaz who stay young at heart are always the coolest to be around..."growing out" of a music genre is just more uppity bullshit to me. if u enjoyed "dogg food" at 20, you should be able to enjoy it just as much at 40. theres nothing forced about what daz and kurupt are spitting...thats my point. kendrick's shit sounds way more forced and contrived, as if he's trying really hard to break barriers and be articulate. daz and kurupt were spittin basic gangsta shit, but did it better than pretty much anyone ever did. thats what true art is...when you're the best at what you do. mos def and public enemy were better at spittin pro-black, conscious rap than kendrick is, and it sounded more natural when they did it....not to say kendrick is bad at it, but u can tell it's very contrived. so yea, thats why "dogg food" is a classic while this new kendrick album has a ways to go.

in essence, i think kurupt and daz were expressing themselves and spittin what they truly felt, as opposed to kendrick, who sounds like he's spittin what he thinks listeners WANT to hear. he knows people like u are guna sit there and go "wow, what a positive message...he's changing hip-hop" that was his intention. it doesn't sound nearly as genuine as "aint no fun" or "new york new york".....it's still good, but it's missing that sincere, organic element. and as i mentioned, they are sonically on two different levels. not even in the same league.

I had stopped enjoying Dogg Food by 20. Its about that time when I outgrew it. Same time I outgrew most of the SSLP. Its not young at heart, its juvenile and immature. Songs like If We All Fuck and Bomb Ass Pussy are about as artistically credible as "Leroy the Big Lipped Nigger" by Johnny Rebel. It is heartless, rather than young at heart.

And sonically; its glossed up watered down Funk. Dre and DPG did for Fuck what Pat Boone did for Rock and Roll. If I want music I'll listen to musicians who play with soul, not 25 year old rappers who act like they're 17. Maybe that's what the G in G-Funk stands for "Glossed Up Watered Down", maybe "Garbage". Its bubble gum pop music with swearing.

The best music takes time for the listener to appreciate it, sonically. Its supposed to be a hard listen the first several times.

Sccit

« Reply #67 on: April 08, 2015, 08:31:30 PM »

I had stopped enjoying Dogg Food by 20. Its about that time when I outgrew it. Same time I outgrew most of the SSLP. Its not young at heart, its juvenile and immature. Songs like If We All Fuck and Bomb Ass Pussy are about as artistically credible as "Leroy the Big Lipped Nigger" by Johnny Rebel. It is heartless, rather than young at heart.

And sonically; its glossed up watered down Funk. Dre and DPG did for Fuck what Pat Boone did for Rock and Roll. If I want music I'll listen to musicians who play with soul, not 25 year old rappers who act like they're 17. Maybe that's what the G in G-Funk stands for "Glossed Up Watered Down", maybe "Garbage". Its bubble gum pop music with swearing.

The best music takes time for the listener to appreciate it, sonically. Its supposed to be a hard listen the first several times.

lol wtf....so much wrong with this post, i don't know where to begin. lmaosmh@"leroy the big lipped nigger" tho..............."bomb azz pussy" is some real shit. if u outgrew that by the age of 20, u prolly guna be on this shit in a couple years:

u lightweight soundin like a mark in a bucket skylark, bruh.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #68 on: April 08, 2015, 08:35:11 PM »
dogg food is the shit in 2015, wtf u talking about shallow?

Sccit

« Reply #69 on: April 08, 2015, 09:03:09 PM »
he sounds like the kinda guy who only fucks has sex in the missionary position

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #70 on: April 08, 2015, 09:21:18 PM »

lol wtf....so much wrong with this post, i don't know where to begin. lmaosmh@"leroy the big lipped nigger" tho..............."bomb azz pussy" is some real shit. if u outgrew that by the age of 20, u prolly guna be on this shit in a couple years:

u lightweight soundin like a mark in a bucket skylark, bruh.

Couple years? This was me 15 years ago.

My highschool grad pic. And even then I thought If We All Fuck was childish and sexist.

miss demeanor

« Reply #71 on: April 08, 2015, 09:28:43 PM »
Kendrick was my idea of conscious.... Then he signed a contract.... Give the vid an Annie Oakley n a nod to the 90's...

miss demeanor

« Reply #72 on: April 08, 2015, 10:57:04 PM »
he sounds like the kinda guy who only fucks has sex in the missionary position

WTF?
Is there more than one position?
Do tell senor....

CORREA

« Reply #73 on: April 09, 2015, 12:20:10 AM »
Kendrick was my idea of conscious.... Then he signed a contract.... Give the vid an Annie Oakley n a nod to the 90's...

sure band wagon jumper

miss demeanor

« Reply #74 on: April 09, 2015, 04:10:17 AM »

sure band wagon jumper

Sorry correa I've been a bit rough with u.... But I'd rather jump on the bandwagon..... I can always jump off..... Meanwhile your stuck riding the dick like a rusty gear shift that can't get out of 3rd..... We could both fall off but no one would care... At least Kendrick admitted to rapping with a ghost writer.... Props for that..... I'm not saying he hasn't got integrity but that skit on the album where the dude call him saying "don't tell me they got you on some weird gangsta shit" really makes me think.... Kendrick was raised on gangsta rap.... From the lyrics I read of his he didn't seem like he was a dare I say "hoodlum"...... But fuck it.... Cube made a fortune..... Why can't Kendrick.......