Author Topic: the first time a man asked me to dance  (Read 994 times)

miss demeanor

the first time a man asked me to dance
« on: April 09, 2015, 10:34:33 PM »
I was 20 and working at the carnival in Mt. Iza....
I was standing with my boss n two aquaintences - all white.... This old Murri man, must of been bout 70yrs old came up to me and ever so politely said "excuse me miss, may I have this dance?" And extended his hand to me. I said yes and stepped to him and he took his coat off and I said give it to me and asked the people I was with to hold it. They all gave me a dirty look. I was so offended and shame but the man said don't worry and hung it over a 44 gallon drum
. we walked out in the dust and the band was playing country music and this man starts shuffling his feet and stepping so I tried to dance the same way. The song ended and he took my hand and kissed it and said thank you for the dance. Bless it. I kissed his hand and thanked him back.... Last time I danced with a guy was a Murri fella at an ice cube concert. He kissed me on the neck while we was dancing so I give him a quick peck on the lips and that's the last fella I ever kissed besides family..... More men should be as old fashioned and polite as that old man.... Best dance I've ever had....

J. B A N A N A S

Re: the first time a man asked me to dance
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2015, 06:04:07 PM »
She was so brave. Wow, dancing with someone from outside her ethnic or social circle, just like Save the Last Dance.

Ebenus Supremus

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2015, 11:03:54 PM »
She was so brave. Wow, dancing with someone from outside her ethnic or social circle, just like Save the Last Dance.

Sarcastic much?
It was closer to save the last dance than you realise...
That is actually probably the last time I'll ever dance with a man (at cubes concert.... Last kiss too)
But just for your information, if I were to follow the crowd n bow down to the persistent and prejudice attitude that many people exhibit toward indigenous people in this country, I never would of accepted the old fashioned courtesy and civility of that old man, and I never would of had the pleasure of such a beautiful first or fun last dance....

Sccit

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2015, 01:06:13 PM »
amazing story

Ebenus Supremus

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2015, 03:07:31 AM »
amazing story

It was beautiful sccit...
Even better than the time I was dancing on my own at the club and the guitarist got down of stage n played right in front of me....
I used to be built like a ballerina n I could dance a lil....