Author Topic: Arabian Prince: "Eazy's Kids Got The Raw Deal, What Dre Needs To Do"  (Read 727 times)

Sccit

“I would really hope that somebody like Dre would just like, I mean he don’t need no more money, but Dre needs to be the one not Cube because Cube is just a movie maker, so of course he is gonna always do it to where he is gonna make the money, but Dre needs to be the one to go…You know what man let me do this one here for Eazy’s family and his kids. Let me put something together that kind of honors Eazy-E. When he passed away his kids got the raw end of that deal, and I heard they really didn’t get paid, his parents, none of that. I think it was wack how that all went down. I think alot of things just need to come out as opposed to just a movie to make everything look all hunky dory!”

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/32wnlHF9v5A" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/32wnlHF9v5A</a>

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
Re: Arabian Prince: "Eazy's Kids Got The Raw Deal, What Dre Needs To Do"
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2015, 06:49:46 PM »
sounds like eazy's kids need to get jobs...dre ain't obligated to take care of them.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2015, 08:18:39 PM »
sounds like eazy's kids need to get jobs...dre ain't obligated to take care of them.
Yeah, I have always felt that this is one of the main issues that stems from this "family" mentality that some of these hip-hop record labels try to create.  It's not Dre's responsibility to feed Eazy's family, put Warren G on his albums, or produce entire albums for every rapper who ever helped him make a hit record.  Why isn't his business partner, Jerry Heller, responsible?  His widow, Tomika?  I mean, at the end of his life, Eric was not only making more money off of Dre's catalog at Ruthless but also, supposedly, off Dre's work at Death Row. So now, twenty years later, because Eazy died and forgot to include his family in his will and Dre managed to become wealthier than most of the rap game, he's designated to pay for Eazy's kids? 

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2015, 10:13:47 PM »
Yeah, I have always felt that this is one of the main issues that stems from this "family" mentality that some of these hip-hop record labels try to create.  It's not Dre's responsibility to feed Eazy's family, put Warren G on his albums, or produce entire albums for every rapper who ever helped him make a hit record.  Why isn't his business partner, Jerry Heller, responsible?  His widow, Tomika?  I mean, at the end of his life, Eric was not only making more money off of Dre's catalog at Ruthless but also, supposedly, off Dre's work at Death Row. So now, twenty years later, because Eazy died and forgot to include his family in his will and Dre managed to become wealthier than most of the rap game, he's designated to pay for Eazy's kids? 

Word...

But that's why "It's All On Me" was such a perfect record for Dre's new album.  I mean it might've sounded melodramatic coming from a reported billionaire, but it was still the perfect record, think about it...

Dre makes talent-less Suge a multimillionaire Don in the 90's, leaves with nothing  - Yet Suge rushes the St8 Outta Compton set sayin Dre owes him

Compton movie a success -  Dre gets sued by Jerry Heller

Suge murders someone offset - Dre gets sued for millions by the victims

Eazy's estate gets paid off St8 Outta Compton -  yet still Arabian Prince says Dre owes Eazy's family money

...and so on.  It's like Dre said in the Source mag back in 93, just as hard as you are working to make it, you got a lot of mutherfuckaz out there workin just as hard to take what you got

Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Blasphemy

• 'G'
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2015, 01:22:28 AM »
Eazy E's wife fucked his kids outta the money, she fucking gutted his label, and I was rewatching SOC and when her character was stating she "knew the business" IE looking at his books/contracts, I'm thinking, did she even do anything with the label and then I remembered yeah, Jack shit. Eazy E had around 30 Million in the bank, and from what I've read, next to none of that went to any of his kids.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2015, 05:48:43 AM »
Yeah, I have always felt that this is one of the main issues that stems from this "family" mentality that some of these hip-hop record labels try to create.  It's not Dre's responsibility to feed Eazy's family, put Warren G on his albums, or produce entire albums for every rapper who ever helped him make a hit record.  Why isn't his business partner, Jerry Heller, responsible?  His widow, Tomika?  I mean, at the end of his life, Eric was not only making more money off of Dre's catalog at Ruthless but also, supposedly, off Dre's work at Death Row. So now, twenty years later, because Eazy died and forgot to include his family in his will and Dre managed to become wealthier than most of the rap game, he's designated to pay for Eazy's kids?  
Eazy E's wife fucked his kids outta the money, she fucking gutted his label, and I was rewatching SOC and when her character was stating she "knew the business" IE looking at his books/contracts, I'm thinking, did she even do anything with the label and then I remembered yeah, Jack shit. Eazy E had around 30 Million in the bank, and from what I've read, next to none of that went to any of his kids.

Right...

...Of course she was gonna find fault in the contracts and what Jerry was doing, because that gave her a way to get into the business and gain control.  Once she had control suddenly Eazy turns up dead—that is kind of suspicious.

I mean, Jerry makes a fair point when he says, "If people are looking for someone to blame for Eazy's death then follow the money, I didn't make a dime after (or off of) Eazy's death".

...Of course Jerry is always the bad guy.  But at least Tomica got the job done with East99Eternal, because that was one of the greater successes hip-hop has seen, especially if you include the remix "Crossroads" which came of it.   Art of War wasn't classic but it was good enough... then after that Ruthless just fell apart.

Sccit

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2015, 09:43:17 AM »
out of all the nwa family tree interviews vlad did, arabian prince is the one who i wasnt really feelin...somethin bout that dude jus weird.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2015, 06:40:02 PM »
I agree.  They're just wanting handouts.  Frankly Dre could bread them up and not even know the money was gone from his account, but it's not his job to be welfare for them.  Plus it's not like Eazy-E was his lifelong best friend either.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2015, 06:40:13 PM »
Dre makes talent-less Suge a multimillionaire Don in the 90's, leaves with nothing  - Yet Suge rushes the St8 Outta Compton set sayin Dre owes him
But if it weren't for Suge, Dre would still have been at Ruthless Records and without the money he did make while on Death Row, which I'm sure was far from chump change.

But what makes Suge talentless?  The fact that he doesn't rap or make beats?  The very thing we make from of Puffy and Jermaine Dupri for doing?  He was a label exec.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2015, 06:40:25 PM »
Maybe.  But it's probably hard to get to the kids when damn near all of them have different mothers.  The smart money is on each of those mothers also wanting a BIG slice of the pie, and not necessarily for their kids but likely using them as a bargaining chip to get the money in the first place.  Not saying that all BMs are conniving, but a lot of these women were hood rats, and they likely weren't fucking Eazy because they were attracting to him or enjoyed his company.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2015, 06:40:44 PM »
...Of course Jerry is always the bad guy.  But at least Tomica got the job done with East99Eternal, because that was one of the greater successes hip-hop has seen, especially if you include the remix "Crossroads" which came of it.   Art of War wasn't classic but it was good enough... then after that Ruthless just fell apart.
Tomika didn't really have a lot to do with E. 1999 Eternal though.  Yes, it came out after Eazy died, but four months after, and was likely well into its development while Eazy was still running Ruthless from behind a desk rather than on a hospital bed.  That's why there's pretty much no reference to Eazy in the album lyrics even though there were some to some of Bone's other dead homies.  At least not until Tha Crossroads came out nine months after the album did.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2015, 10:37:53 PM »

But if it weren't for Suge, Dre would still have been at Ruthless Records and without the money he did make while on Death Row, which I'm sure was far from chump change.

But what makes Suge talentless?  The fact that he doesn't rap or make beats?  The very thing we make from of Puffy and Jermaine Dupri for doing?  He was a label exec.

Until this latest incident with Suge I always defended him on here, and I always had love and support for Suge—even though I disagreed with him beefing with Dre and Snoop.   But something about that incident fuccing with Dre on set and then running a couple of good people over, I'm startin to see Suge in a different light.

But still credit is due to Suge.  WHen I said talent-less, I only meant musically.   He displayed a lot of talent as an exec in Death Row's rise.  But his importance paled in comparison to that of Dre...I mean ultimately Dre was talented enough that he would of made money somewhere for somebody—but Suge was nothing without Dre and the talent Dre assembled.  He ran Death Row into the ground after Dre.  If not for posthumous Pac material the label might've folded after Revenge, Retaliation, Get Back failed to go gold.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 10:40:15 PM by Infinite Trapped In 1996 »

Blasphemy

• 'G'
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2015, 09:46:12 AM »

I'm startin to see Suge in a different light.

What the fuck are you talking about, a different light??? All he ever did was fuck people up, sign em to horrible ass contracts, Terrorize his people who fell outta favor. He kept it G and real, homeboy never learned you don't do that Thug shit when you're fucking huge and more importantly huge and Legitimate. if this was all on some Criminal shit, I'd never say he should of done what he did, but when you're that huge legitimately with legitimate money, even with the lawsuits and the original founds being dirty, and how you started it, 94 and up should of been pure business. Shit in 96 Death Row was on top of the world, they had the highest selling gangster rap album, the biggiest two stars in the game (Snoop, Tupac) the biggest producer (Dr. Dre), Soundtrack deals to 3 movie.

He fucked it up, the biggest star broke parole on camera along with himself, his second biggest left because of the others death, The biggest producer in the game left due to the bullshit, and all he proceeded to do once he got release was fuck shit up and not actually release a record and did nothing but stupid shit.

I don't know how anyone can see him beyond muscle, Dr. Dre was the musical and business one.

mastdark81

• 'G'
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2015, 12:19:50 PM »

I'm startin to see Suge in a different light.

What the fuck are you talking about, a different light??? All he ever did was fuck people up, sign em to horrible ass contracts, Terrorize his people who fell outta favor. He kept it G and real, homeboy never learned you don't do that Thug shit when you're fucking huge and more importantly huge and Legitimate. if this was all on some Criminal shit, I'd never say he should of done what he did, but when you're that huge legitimately with legitimate money, even with the lawsuits and the original founds being dirty, and how you started it, 94 and up should of been pure business. Shit in 96 Death Row was on top of the world, they had the highest selling gangster rap album, the biggiest two stars in the game (Snoop, Tupac) the biggest producer (Dr. Dre), Soundtrack deals to 3 movie.

He fucked it up, the biggest star broke parole on camera along with himself, his second biggest left because of the others death, The biggest producer in the game left due to the bullshit, and all he proceeded to do once he got release was fuck shit up and not actually release a record and did nothing but stupid shit.

I don't know how anyone can see him beyond muscle, Dr. Dre was the musical and business one.

Suge had his faults just like every other CEO but if it wasn't for Suge none of that music would have been released.  Dre would have kept things on the shelf.  Suge had a systematic process and it worked.  All gang shit aside he was more business than Dre was at the time.  Dre was responsible for the artists but Suge did so much behind the scene shit that fans don't appreciate business wise.  He had the lawyer, media, industry connections and provided us fans with top quality top shelf everything.  Gotta respect him for putting it all together, just like you gotta respect Eazy E for putting NWA together.  What made Deathrow fall is what made Deathrow so great.  These days you have these wannabes and the music is watered down to the geek level...i'd rather have more Suge's in the game than not because you going to get real hip hop (streets) and good music.  But at the end of the day nothing last forever.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2015, 07:10:37 PM »
But Dr. Dre could never do anything on his own.  He always needed someone to get him to the next step.  Lonzo, Eazy, Suge, Jimmy.

Yeah, he hit a billion (pre-tax), but it's not like he really had anything to do with those headphones.  He needs to thank Jimmy that he involved Dre in that when they fucked over the Monster Cable guy who invented them.