Author Topic: 2015: Too many releases, market is flooded  (Read 888 times)

Dogg Ly Dogg

2015: Too many releases, market is flooded
« on: April 13, 2015, 10:57:20 PM »
Just want you know how do you keep up with all these releases? I am a big Hip-Hop fan like most of y'all but I can barely listen to albums twice with all those releases, 2015 is just a crazy year just look at what dropped since january

Action Bronson
B-Legit
BADBADNOTGOOD & Ghostface
Big Sean
Curren$y
Demrick
DJ EFN
Drake
Earl Sweatshirt
Fashaswn
Joey Bada$$
Kendrick Lamar
Ludacris
Lupe Fiasco
Nipsey Hussle
Slim Thug
Spice 1
TeeFlii
Tyler The Creator
Wale
Yelawolf
Z-Ro
etc..

Plus A$AP Rocky Meek Mill, Tech N9ne, Murs & Snoop coming next month

Blood$

Re: 2015: Too many releases, market is flooded
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2015, 11:07:52 PM »
Action Bronson
Fashawn
Joey Bada$$
Kendrick Lamar
Lupe Fiasco
Z-Ro

bought these plus the G-Unit EP, heard 11 other of those albums at least once in full... it seems the past few years the market has been flooded year round but maybe that's just me
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 11:10:02 PM by Blood$ »

doggfather

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2015, 11:17:41 PM »
Slaine got a new mixtape too.

so do B-Real.

and there will be plenty of albums on the 2nd half of the year too!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 03:14:57 AM by doggfather »
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

J. B A N A N A S

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2015, 05:13:54 PM »
Were the early 90's years considered flooded? There was tons of hip hop, and many classics were made. Just let the cream rise to the top, there's enough heads across the internet to let you know whats good and whats filler.

CORREA

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2015, 09:42:53 PM »
as long as its good music idc

Sccit

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2015, 12:57:26 AM »
ganga 818 shit comin soon

doggfather

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2015, 03:44:14 AM »
Were the early 90's years considered flooded? There was tons of hip hop, and many classics were made. Just let the cream rise to the top, there's enough heads across the internet to let you know whats good and whats filler.

nah, there werent 5-6 album every week.

HELP

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Blood$

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2015, 09:40:11 AM »

nah, there werent 5-6 album every week.

during the No Limit/Cash Money heyday there was to an extent lol

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2015, 10:59:16 AM »
man, if that's too many releases, I'd hate to see you in the 90's. There was releases every week, and you had to buy the music. It was crazy, so you had friends and someone bought the CD and you just exchanged tapes back then. So yeah, it's more exciting for me than hard. LOL Like the old days.

Dogg Ly Dogg

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2015, 12:20:28 PM »
Well it may be because I dont have the same amount of free time now, because in the late 90s and early 00's I had all the time I wanted to check every releases but now with work and family I guess I can't follow all those releases

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2015, 12:25:11 PM »
Well it may be because I dont have the same amount of free time now, because in the late 90s and early 00's I had all the time I wanted to check every releases but now with work and family I guess I can't follow all those releases

And that's legit. I mean, I check them all out on Beatsmusic (not Spotify) and after my kids are asleep I put on my headphones and just catch up on music. But honestly, only a few projects really grab me.

doggfather

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2015, 10:19:56 PM »
man, if that's too many releases, I'd hate to see you in the 90's. There was releases every week, and you had to buy the music. It was crazy, so you had friends and someone bought the CD and you just exchanged tapes back then. So yeah, it's more exciting for me than hard. LOL Like the old days.

Again, yes 1,2 cd/week. Now 5,6/EVERY week. Not the same.

HELP

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

dnjp4life

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2015, 03:33:19 AM »
All you have to do is listen to the ones that interest you and leave out the albums that don't appeal.  Of course it can be overwhelming trying to keep up with everything that gets put out, but it would be impossible to do that anyway.
I didn't know Tyler, The Creator had a new project though, I'll have to check that out...

'EclipZe

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2015, 03:50:24 AM »
Which of those do you recommend?

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2015, 08:13:22 AM »

Again, yes 1,2 cd/week. Now 5,6/EVERY week. Not the same.

There are that many now? Really? I guess if you count mixtapes. But if you count mixtapes back then, and bootlegs, then it would be the same thing. Especially after 2Pac died, 2Pac alone was releasing an album a month it seemed in those days... LOL... Makaveli 2-15 by the middle of 1997 and everyone had them all. Right now, it seems like everyone is putting out work, and that's good. In the 90's, when No Limit came out, and all these labels that put out albums every other week came out, it was crazy too. I don't think it last though, as eventually artist run out of material, or it gets harder to be inspired. I mean Nas put out 2 albums in 1999, 2Pac did in 1996, 3 disc total. So I doubt we'll ever reach that again. But we have a lot of artist flooding the market which to me makes it easier. You just have to pick which music you want to listen to, and with programs like Spotify, Beats and other streaming services, you don't have to buy anything.