Author Topic: Tha Dogg Pound - Cali Iz Active ...9 years later  (Read 994 times)

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
Tha Dogg Pound - Cali Iz Active ...9 years later
« on: April 20, 2015, 07:30:51 AM »
This album aint bad at all, its very listenable... Good jams on there

Will_B

Re: Tha Dogg Pound - Cali Iz Active ...9 years later
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2015, 08:27:27 AM »
Yeah totally agree. It's the DPGs most mainstream friendly album but there's some joints on there!!

The DPG were still sounding credible up to about 2008 so this ones a late vintage now 8) 8)

Remedy360

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2015, 08:44:44 AM »
Loved the single but I still remember the album being a huge disappointment, some nice cuts on there though.

WestSideDon

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2015, 09:05:43 AM »
The single was dope as fuck, but alltogether the album was a dissappointment. There were a few good songs on there, but just too many lame songs, useless features (P. Diddy, Paul Wall etc.) and some songs that just didn't fit their style of course the songs with dudes like paul wall). Was also very dissappointed by kurupt on this album, he just spit too much useles bitch/Dick/nigga verses and just some very very rare glimpses of good lyrics...

Remedy360

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2015, 11:33:09 AM »
The single was dope as fuck, but alltogether the album was a dissappointment. There were a few good songs on there, but just too many lame songs, useless features (P. Diddy, Paul Wall etc.) and some songs that just didn't fit their style of course the songs with dudes like paul wall). Was also very dissappointed by kurupt on this album, he just spit too much useles bitch/Dick/nigga verses and just some very very rare glimpses of good lyrics...

Yeah, I remember listening and realizing that Daz actually sounded better on the mic than Kurupt, never a good sign.

Blood$

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2015, 11:34:59 AM »
album was a mixed bag, a few solid to classic tracks and some filler/trash... I bought it when it dropped but eventually sold it lol

HighEyeCue

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2015, 01:38:21 PM »
yeah Rage had the best verse on the entire album...some nice tracks though but too many bad features

donfathaimmortal

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2015, 03:39:03 AM »
Yeah, I remember listening and realizing that Daz actually sounded better on the mic than Kurupt, never a good sign.

This.

After what I heard from the venomous and hungry Young Gotti in Against The Grain, really disapointed by Kurupt for this DPG album.
The spot got shook, it was hell below | Is that Futureshock ?? | Hell, no, it's Death Row !

Paolo

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2015, 10:14:20 PM »

This.

After what I heard from the venomous and hungry Young Gotti in Against The Grain, really disapointed by Kurupt for this DPG album.

i was little disapointed on this dpg album

MOBNigga06

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2015, 10:32:36 PM »
Album has a few gems on it for sure.

Hard On a Hoe is a DPGC classic.

Also Throwin Up Da C is great.

Lots of decent songs as well.
The most GAMED UP poster on DubCC.

Member of Bloods.

Money over Bitches.

Paolo

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2015, 02:17:59 AM »
Album has a few gems on it for sure.

Hard On a Hoe is a DPGC classic.

Also Throwin Up Da C is great.

Lots of decent songs as well.

there lot desent song on this album i was just hopping a better album  :)

doggfather

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2015, 12:17:08 AM »
still like it, one of thier better albums.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

WestSideDon

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2015, 05:50:35 AM »
Weren't there also a couple leftover songs from the album that actually sounded good ?

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2015, 01:12:43 PM »

This album sucks... Kurupt even admits in a recent interview that he basically hasn't even been trying or cared much about making music since Space Boogie.  I'm as big of a Kurupt fan as anybody but I never respected any of his work after Space Boogie so it was definitely validation for me to hear him say that in an interview.

I listened to the beginning of this album and as soon as I heard what Kurupt was coming with I said—no thank you.

The 213 Hard Way album was way better then this project. 

« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 01:15:35 PM by Infinite »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

WestWestYA

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2015, 09:10:16 AM »
Still MEH