Author Topic: Tim Duncan > Kobe  (Read 2262 times)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Re: Tim Duncan > Kobe
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2015, 07:58:20 PM »
this m dog guy says MVP's don't count and HIS FIRST ARGUMENT IS ALL STAR GAMES?

:laugh:  what a joke

lol. Oh, trust me, I knew what I was posting. My last stat was haters. Think about that. But both have something in common. It's how the player is viewed by the public. The MVP award is journalist with agenda. All Star games are fans who have favorite players they want to see minus being influenced by David Stern.

But the main point, no matter how you slice them, both are similar in stats. Kobe scores more and gets more steals and assist, Duncan gets more rebounds and blocks to go with a higher shooting percentage. Both are only separated by one year in many end of the year awards. It comes down to preference and how you view greatness. Duncan is a piece of Pop's puzzle, or Kobe is the centerpiece of the Laker franchise.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2015, 08:38:48 PM »
One more Finals MVP. Non-debatable.

kobe would have 10 finals Mvps if he played his entire career on the Spurs

LeBron would currently have 11. I guess he's better than both.

lol @ thinking taking 25 shots a night would fly on the Spurs.

Please. One more western conference title for Kobe.

Kobe is never playing in another playoff game in his career lol

And Duncan ain't winning another title either.

Let's just get this out the way,

Kobe, 17 time all star, Duncan 15 time all star
Kobe, 9 time all defensive team, Duncan, 8 time all defensive team
Kobe, 11 time all NBA first team, Duncan, 10 time all NBA first team

Their stats head to head are comparable considering Kobe is a guard and Duncan is a power forward. Kobe shoots more and scores more points, and has more assist and steals per game, were as Duncan gets more rebounds and has more blocks per game. But like everything else, they are comparable, BUT Kobe has just the slightest of edges head to head. Kobe is 4-2 against the Spurs in the playoffs, Kobe has scored more points, Duncan has been able to adjust his game to be a piece to Pop's system and Kobe has FORCED the Lakers to bend to fit his skill set.

These two are close, but at the end of the day, Kobe has the smallest of margins against Duncan.

I am still waiting on the LeBron is greater than Duncan post. That's how you KNOW Kobe is better. If Duncan was the best of this era, then LeBron fans would be trying to talk about how LeBron is better than Duncan. Instead they pick Kobe....

The most telling stat of Kobe being better than Duncan. Kobe has WAY more haters than Duncan.

I don't think MDogg understands how the Dubcc standard works. Only the things that benefit my argument count. Everything I deem unworthy doesn't. Finals MVPs means he was a Finals winner. He has one more than Kobe...Duncan is better. End of discussion.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2015, 09:11:25 AM »

kobe would have 10 finals Mvps if he played his entire career on the Spurs

LeBron would currently have 11. I guess he's better than both.

lol @ thinking taking 25 shots a night would fly on the Spurs.

Please. One more western conference title for Kobe.

Kobe is never playing in another playoff game in his career lol

And Duncan ain't winning another title either.

Let's just get this out the way,

Kobe, 17 time all star, Duncan 15 time all star
Kobe, 9 time all defensive team, Duncan, 8 time all defensive team
Kobe, 11 time all NBA first team, Duncan, 10 time all NBA first team

Their stats head to head are comparable considering Kobe is a guard and Duncan is a power forward. Kobe shoots more and scores more points, and has more assist and steals per game, were as Duncan gets more rebounds and has more blocks per game. But like everything else, they are comparable, BUT Kobe has just the slightest of edges head to head. Kobe is 4-2 against the Spurs in the playoffs, Kobe has scored more points, Duncan has been able to adjust his game to be a piece to Pop's system and Kobe has FORCED the Lakers to bend to fit his skill set.

These two are close, but at the end of the day, Kobe has the smallest of margins against Duncan.

I am still waiting on the LeBron is greater than Duncan post. That's how you KNOW Kobe is better. If Duncan was the best of this era, then LeBron fans would be trying to talk about how LeBron is better than Duncan. Instead they pick Kobe....

The most telling stat of Kobe being better than Duncan. Kobe has WAY more haters than Duncan.

I don't think MDogg understands how the Dubcc standard works. Only the things that benefit my argument count. Everything I deem unworthy doesn't. Finals MVPs means he was a Finals winner. He has one more than Kobe...Duncan is better. End of discussion.

LMAO

Kobe has beaten Duncan 4-2 in the playoffs, therefore Kobe is better.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2015, 09:31:53 AM »
how many of those times did Kobe have Shaq tho? :D

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2015, 09:52:12 AM »

How many times did Duncan have Robinson, or Parker and/or Manu?

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2015, 08:52:54 PM »

none of whom as are good as Shaq

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2015, 10:47:45 PM »
another playoff win for Timmy D

next game Thursday night

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2015, 09:34:15 AM »

none of whom as are good as Shaq

But Duncan had at least two of them at a time. LOL... So they either had Parker and Robinson, or Manu and Parker, so the Spurs have always had a better team 3-12. Let's not kid ourselves, who'd you rather want on your bench, Mark Madsen, Luke Walton and Vujacic, or Kerr, Ferry, Steve Smith, Turkoglu, Michael Finley, and a whole host of others. For me, I'd rather be in the Spurs place, as I love complete teams. And Duncan has always had complete teams and he just got to play his role in a system. Kobe was THE system. The Lakers needed Kobe and Shaq to score 30+, and then later Kobe score 30+ and Pau to get 20+.

To show the Spurs depth, for Duncan's first 6 season, he averaged over 38 minutes played per game. But once that 7th season hit, and Duncan was still only 27, he had 11 out of 12 season having under 35 minutes per game, and 4 of those season he had less than 30 minutes per game. For Kobe, from his 3rd season when he averaged 37.9 minutes per game, 11 out of his next 16 season were all over 38 minutes per game, on top of that he hit over 40 miniutes per game 5 seasons. The Lakers have been more depended on Kobe for their success than Duncan.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2015, 10:03:15 AM »
you realize how old David was when Duncan was drafted, right??   and you are wrong, Tony Parker was not on the Spurs during their final title so he did NOT have "two of them" each time.  you and Sccit both need do some research before making these bogus claims.

Shaq was in his PRIME with Kobe, David Robinson was an old ass man when TD arrived.

Sccit

« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2015, 01:11:15 PM »
And Duncan has always had complete teams and he just got to play his role in a system. Kobe was THE system.  The Lakers have been more depended on Kobe for their success than Duncan.

BINGO

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2015, 03:31:13 PM »
you realize how old David was when Duncan was drafted, right??   and you are wrong, Tony Parker was not on the Spurs during their final title so he did NOT have "two of them" each time.  you and Sccit both need do some research before making these bogus claims.

Shaq was in his PRIME with Kobe, David Robinson was an old ass man when TD arrived.

You mean that first title, and I realize that. Kobe was still developing, the Lakers were still incomplete and Pop was a way better coach than Kurt Rambis. In fact, looking at Rambis' record, the fact that the Lakers did as well as they did that year is a minor miracle.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2015, 04:05:42 PM »
 ::)

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2015, 06:56:50 PM »
yes, i did mean "first title" by the way.  didn't even catch that part until now :D

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2015, 07:38:08 PM »
yes, i did mean "first title" by the way.  didn't even catch that part until now :D

But my argument still stands about that year. As you mentioned, Duncan was older than Kobe, more developed and Kobe had Rambis as a coach which looking at Rambis's record, the fact the Lakers made the playoffs was crazy.

Sccit

« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2015, 12:41:22 PM »
another year of not repeating