Author Topic: Nouman Ali Khan  (Read 707 times)

Ebenus Supremus

Nouman Ali Khan
« on: April 28, 2015, 11:49:13 PM »
Anybody seen his lectures on YouTube?
I find them very interesting and informative...
Interested in all types of Islamic philosophy ATM and am looking for a good English translation of the Qur'an because the one they had at the library is gone....
I put it down cos I wasn't sure if it was a correct interpretation or not so instead I've been checking out YouTube for Islamic lectures in English... Nouman Ali Khan is great because he gets to the root word meanings of some of the Arabic and explains it in English... Also he broaches a diverse range of issues and he is also quite witty.... In one book I read, it said that the Prophet (pbuh) loved humour and apparently he would laugh so much that you could see his molars... I like one anecdote I heard... Apparently a man asked his wife if she was upset with him for eyeing off young, beautiful women. She said, why should I be upset, even a dog chases cars.... I didn't hear that from Nouman Ali Khan though....
Anyway, if anyone can recommend some good lectures or philosophy in English I'd really appreciate it.... Sincerely trying to learn....

Aladin

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: Nouman Ali Khan
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2015, 02:20:25 PM »
Sallam oeleikom.

Maybe I can help.
Are you interested in something specific?

Do you want to learn the basics of islam or what more deep rooted.
From islamic point of view Judaism, Christianity and islam all comes from the same source....

Aladin

Ebenus Supremus

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2015, 04:07:27 PM »
Specifically, a good English translation of the Qur'an... I fear some meanings are lost in translation n unfortunately I'm not intelligent enough or disciplined enough to learn Arabic. I've read a few books on the life of the Prophet (pbuh) and unless their short and concise i always find reading about the war stages of his life trying and very political. I started with a children's book in 2008 and worked my way up more adult literature cos I was sick of seeing all this holy war stuff on the news and having no actual concept of the religion. Surprisingly, one of the first things I learned is that the word jihad can be defined as struggle or effort - you don't learn that watching the 6 o'clock news. Any solid Islamic philosophy not written by some white guy with a PhD would be useful as well. I've exhausted the local library reading resources and can't afford the credit it takes to scoure the net for lectures..

Sccit

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2015, 01:15:09 PM »
all u gota do is read the torah and u good to go

Ebenus Supremus

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2015, 03:15:29 AM »
all u gota do is read the torah and u good to go

I'll meer ya halfway n read the old testament....
Presently I'm up to Numbers chapter 7....
I also have a Qur'an which I plan to read after I've read the bible front to back...
My great to the third or fourth grandmother married a Jew by the name of Barnett on a boat on the way over from England... If I'm actually related to them.... That's my "sposed to be" daddy's, mothers side of the family...
My mother is Church of England n my possible Spanish ancestry could have Berber linage... So either way, Christian, Muslim or Jew, I'm good...

morbidenigma

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2015, 04:51:34 PM »
it's 2015 n mofos still on the religion ting?

reason, rationality and logic the way forward/..

Kween Kockroach Killa

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2015, 02:13:53 AM »
So your telling me that every culture on earth got it wrong with the many n varied stories of creation, and we're all just worm food waiting to happen...

morbidenigma

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2015, 11:15:02 AM »
^^ hell yeah, humans shouldn't be so supercilious, we are just little specks on a small ball dot in the milky way with 3 pounds of wet machinery in our head. We ain't nothing great, we define ourselves as intelligent by our own definition.

Sccit

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2015, 01:57:57 PM »
^^ hell yeah, humans shouldn't be so supercilious, we are just little specks on a small ball dot in the milky way with 3 pounds of wet machinery in our head. We ain't nothing great, we define ourselves as intelligent by our own definition.

and how do u know all this?

Kween Kockroach Killa

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2015, 07:09:31 PM »

Look.
I'm not saying you should cut the skin off ya dick for god, no offence to the descendants of Abraham...
But when I saw a perfect crescent moon n star on new years afternoon just after I started reading bout Islam, I knew, science takes away from the beauty of creation, just as religion takes away from the magic of science..
Doctrine shall improve...
It was written way before you took a look at that insignificant speck through your microscope...
Thou shall not take from or add to the word...
Then white man got his hands on it n used it as a tool to increase taxes....
Its the vanity of man that holds us back from experiencing the wonder of God....
You wanna be Jesus Christ Superstar!!!!