Author Topic: Snoop Dogg - Bush (Discussion Thread)  (Read 5389 times)

So Much Style

Re: Snoop Dogg - Bush (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2015, 11:56:02 AM »
excited about this. my type of shit! i always tell my girl that snoop, pharrell and Charlie are a dream team
So much style back at it again

Blood$

« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2015, 03:57:16 PM »
downloading now

Desert Lord

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2015, 04:00:12 PM »
i'll give it a spin on spotify later

Portugoal

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2015, 03:28:26 AM »
Peice of shit wrapped in garbage smothered in bag lady period blood covered in cat barf..... wTF..... This album is titled properly str8 bush
lol

Hahahahaha

shoo

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2015, 12:18:31 PM »
R.I.P. Snoop Dogg - I Knew that, i knew that, i knew that. smfdh.

7 days of funk was 100 times better, too bad snoop used the gimmick name zilla and hardly promoted it right.

it's just music u know? no need to feel butthurt about few music tones that u didn't like u know?

btw. have mc eith released the tracklist for WWIW yet?  ;D

WestWestYA

« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2015, 01:52:28 PM »
R.I.P. Snoop Dogg - I Knew that, i knew that, i knew that. smfdh.

7 days of funk was 100 times better, too bad snoop used the gimmick name zilla and hardly promoted it right.

it's just music u know? no need to feel butthurt about few music tones that u didn't like u know?

btw. have mc eith released the tracklist for WWIW yet?  ;D

Never heard of mc eith.

Sccit

« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2015, 02:28:46 PM »
guna cop it soon n get back when I give it a proper spin

Blood$

« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2015, 04:50:15 PM »
I fuck with this, pretty groovy project... only song I might skip is the track featuring Gwen Stefani and even that wasn't bad

gotta give it one or two more listens in the ride though to decide if I buy it or not

doublee313

« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2015, 08:39:02 PM »
Snoop only raps on Peaches N Cream. Rest is funky singing. Not an album for Snoop rap fans. It's not bad, just he should have changed his name again to something like Snoop Funk or something. I'll pass since it's not my thing. Don't give me shit and say "if your a true Snoop fan you would like this." 

Sccit

« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2015, 08:47:31 PM »
shoulda stuck wit the snoopzilla moniker.

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2015, 09:04:12 AM »
Its a nice sounding album overall, great to cruise around town, the album has alot of sing along hooks wich is great, the song with Gwen has that throwback neptunes feel (that most of this board use to hate)  Good follow up to 7 days of Funk... Grown Folks music. If you are looking for Gangsta music, this is not the album for you.

Blood$

« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2015, 10:08:33 AM »
Grown Folks music. If you are looking for Gangsta music, this is not the album for you.

exactly, all these other butthurt posters are either under 21 or just living a fantasy gangsta's life lol

Mr.(Ko)Kane

« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2015, 12:35:58 PM »
I bought the LP yesterday and listened to it later that evening. I was somehow dissapointed by the album after the first listen as "Peaches N Cream" really blew me away when it came out. I kinda expected a more Disco Funk approach to the album and there was surprised by the actual sound of the whole project. I gave the album another spin earlier today and it really grew on me, though, as I now know what sound they tried to find with this album. Had "California Roll" in my head all day, awesome song.

My favourite tracks are "Peaches N Cream", "So Many Pros", "California Roll" and "R U A Freak", but "Edibles" and "I'm Ya Dogg" are terrible in my opinion. All other tracks are still great, but the ones I mentioned are my personal standouts. I can see me listen to the album many, many times in the future.

Matty

« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2015, 02:27:18 PM »
I bought the LP yesterday and listened to it later that evening. I was somehow dissapointed by the album after the first listen as "Peaches N Cream" really blew me away when it came out. I kinda expected a more Disco Funk approach to the album and there was surprised by the actual sound of the whole project. I gave the album another spin earlier today and it really grew on me, though, as I now know what sound they tried to find with this album. Had "California Roll" in my head all day, awesome song.

My favourite tracks are "Peaches N Cream", "So Many Pros", "California Roll" and "R U A Freak", but "Edibles" and "I'm Ya Dogg" are terrible in my opinion. All other tracks are still great, but the ones I mentioned are my personal standouts. I can see me listen to the album many, many times in the future.

word, couldn't agree more about 'Edibles' & 'I'm Ya Dogg', those two tracks are awful considering how out of place they are on this project. whoever had the idea to put two tracks like that on there nuked any chances of it being a classic LP. still, i removed those two and you still have an incredible 8 track playlist. there's a Japan bonus track coming too so we might be back up to 9 8)

hard time picking favourites the 8 tracks are all legit great. i think 'I Knew That' is the track the vocals ruin the most for me. the instrumental is pure brilliance, proper disco groove, but something about Snoop's singing is a bit overbearing & uncomfortable. 'Awake' is seriously impressing me, that's a 10/10 right there and I liked 'So Many Pros' even more than Peaches N Cream, such a smooth hook. the track w/ Gwen Stefani deserves a shoutout too, big grower and it's like a time capsule back to that old school Neptunes sound. then there's 'R U A Freak', another laid back groove, catchy and the vocals work well. 'California Roll' we don't need to say much about, straight classic.

so yeah, a lot of good stuff to say about this project. Pharrell slam dunks the production, I 'd love to hear more like this material with his vocals instead of Snoop.

Mr. Theo

« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2015, 02:35:55 PM »
Peaches N Cream

So Many Pros

Awake

R U A Freak

This City

KASHIF N' QUIK   MY FAVORITES MUSICIANS ALL TIME #RIPKASHIF