Author Topic: Snoop Dogg - Bush (Discussion Thread)  (Read 5406 times)

Blood$

Re: Snoop Dogg - Bush (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2015, 04:07:46 PM »
I don't see why all the flack for "Edibles" and "I'm Ya Dogg" sure they sound a bit out of place but still not bad songs lol to each his own

Mr.(Ko)Kane

« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2015, 04:09:45 PM »
word, couldn't agree more about 'Edibles' & 'I'm Ya Dogg', those two tracks are awful considering how out of place they are on this project. whoever had the idea to put two tracks like that on there nuked any chances of it being a classic LP. still, i removed those two and you still have an incredible 8 track playlist. there's a Japan bonus track coming too so we might be back up to 9 8)

Absolutely, those two tracks really stood out in a negative way...they just didn't flow with the overall vibe. "Edibles" could work on a Neptunes album and "I'm Ya Dogg", don't know, nowhere. ;D

Didn't know about that Japanese bonus track. That's great news, looking forward to that one. 8)

hard time picking favourites the 8 tracks are all legit great. i think 'I Knew That' is the track the vocals ruin the most for me. the instrumental is pure brilliance, proper disco groove, but something about Snoop's singing is a bit overbearing & uncomfortable. 'Awake' is seriously impressing me, that's a 10/10 right there and I liked 'So Many Pros' even more than Peaches N Cream, such a smooth hook. the track w/ Gwen Stefani deserves a shoutout too, big grower and it's like a time capsule back to that old school Neptunes sound. then there's 'R U A Freak', another laid back groove, catchy and the vocals work well. 'California Roll' we don't need to say much about, straight classic.

so yeah, a lot of good stuff to say about this project. Pharrell slam dunks the production, I 'd love to hear more like this material with his vocals instead of Snoop.

I have the same feeling about "I Knew That", actually I had the impression that the song never really "started", if you know what I mean. There is just nothing going on on the vocal part so it feels like one long chorus instead of a song with various elements. That Stefani track was a nice surprise for me as well, even though it also is more of a Neptunes song than a Snoop Dogg one. I was afraid she would do some of her semi-rapping, but she's a good support for the track. All supporting singers really added to the songs...would love to say the same about the guest rappers.  ;)

I don't see why all the flack for "Edibles" and "I'm Ya Dogg" sure they sound a bit out of place but still not bad songs lol to each his own

It's not like they are that horrible, but they ruin the overall listening experience of the LP. Their sound just stand outs in a bad way and I can't seem to get warm with them. The vocals are very repetitive on "Edibles" and overall there is nothing special about it, best part is actually T.I. and that really was a surprise for me. About "I'm Ya Dogg": I don't really know, the overall sound of the production and vocals bored me from the very first few seconds. Ross' part feels waaay out of place, but I don't mind the Kendrick part - it's nothing special, but could have been worse. Should have used this one as a iTunes bonus track or something with the real LP closing with a proper track instead of two guest rappers. Who knows, maybe those are one of the tracks that suddenly grow on me. Happened before. lol  ;D
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 04:21:30 PM by Mr.(Ko)Kane »

Matty

« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2015, 04:33:22 PM »
It's not like they are that horrible, but they ruin the overall listening experience of the LP. Their sound just stand outs in a bad way and I can't seem to get warm with them. The vocals are very repetitive on "Edibles" and overall there is nothing special about it, best part is actually T.I. and that really was a surprise for me. About "I'm Ya Dogg": I don't really know, the overall sound of the production and vocals bored me from the very first few seconds. Ross' part feels waaay out of place, but I don't mind the Kendrick part - it's nothing special, but could have been worse. Should have used this one as a iTunes bonus track or something with the real LP closing with a proper track instead of two guest rappers. Who knows, maybe those are one of the tracks that suddenly grow on me. Happened before. lol  ;D

no chance of that here, they're deleted, never to return ;D the tempo/vibe is way off the rest of it, definitely ruins the flow.

k1000

« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2015, 01:54:55 AM »
"Edibles" could work on a Neptunes album.

and the song reminds me of that Pharrell x Game X Snoop collab :
which was a good mixtape track (Doggumentary era)

Matty

« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2015, 03:44:17 AM »
just caught up all of Pharrell's recent output, he has some nice material on the last Jennifer Hudson album - JHUD (4 tracks). if you're feeling the disco influence here his stuff on there should hit the spot 8)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Uy6-mSGehEk" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Uy6-mSGehEk</a>

soopa-man

« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2015, 05:30:34 AM »
Speaking of 7 days of funk any ine got that track "wingz" that was a bonus? I bump it from to time off YouTube pretty Funky joint

RECOGNIZE187

« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2015, 08:52:54 AM »
Grown Folks music. If you are looking for Gangsta music, this is not the album for you.

exactly, all these other butthurt posters are either under 21 or just living a fantasy gangsta's life lol

yea..im waitin for the new Gospel Ice cube album!
and new dr dre blues and country album !
and cant forget the new king tee reggae album
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 08:55:00 AM by RECOGNIZE187 »

Blood$

« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2015, 10:15:14 AM »
I'd say "Run Away" and "Awake" are the weakest tracks on this, both "Edibles" and "I'm Ya Dogg" are better
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 10:18:22 AM by Blood$ »

Free Suge Knight, Gucci Mane, & BShmurda Welcome Home Tray D

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2015, 06:48:02 PM »
Wtf are y'all listenin to?

U really mean to tell me we have to pretend to hate this Music and downplay it becuz it's New and it's not unreleased Death Row Snoop Dogg?

So I and everyone else has to somehow say this album is wack or "underwhelming" just Becuz because? 

Foh.  Being provocative is starting to become a lost art

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2015, 06:56:15 PM »
Bloggers just be sayin anything just to get a reaction and to pick your brain.

WestWestYA

« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2015, 07:13:46 AM »
Wtf are y'all listenin to?

U really mean to tell me we have to pretend to hate this Music and downplay it becuz it's New and it's not unreleased Death Row Snoop Dogg?

So I and everyone else has to somehow say this album is wack or "underwhelming" just Becuz because? 

Foh.  Being provocative is starting to become a lost art
First of let me say Snoop is my favorite rapper now that's out the way. IMO! snoop can't sing to save his life, and he only gets a pass because of his name. 2nd Snoop is a rap artist and should stick to it whether his rapping about kindergarten stuff or street stuff i don't mind as long as it's RAP. If he wanted the singing album he shouldn't have called it Snoop Dogg album and should of used his gimmick alternatives.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2015, 07:31:30 AM »
Nah.  Y'all are just complaining just to complain.  Dubcc is full of Negative Nancys

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: May 11, 2015, 09:27:44 AM »
Anybody hatin on this album can suck my dick. 

RECOGNIZE187

« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2015, 11:06:54 AM »
SIMPLE : THE WORST SNOOP DOGG ALBUM EVER !
its not even a hip hop album WTF ?

Mr. Theo

« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2015, 12:27:22 PM »
Dope Dope Dope tracks.

Snoop set the bar with this album..and Cadillacc Radio.

People hating...you're was waiting for?

Doggstyle 2 ? Murda Was The Case : Reloaded ?

C'mon this was the 90's . We are in 2015

KASHIF N' QUIK   MY FAVORITES MUSICIANS ALL TIME #RIPKASHIF