Author Topic: Snoop Dogg - Bush (Discussion Thread)  (Read 5391 times)

Sccit

Re: Snoop Dogg - Bush (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #90 on: May 13, 2015, 10:12:54 AM »
Snoop will never be the same Snoop that he was on Doggystyle ever again, get over it groupie

this was 2 years ago
 <a href="https://www.youtube.com//v/X3H_H1BjdQE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com//v/X3H_H1BjdQE</a>

and this is 2015, next year it will be 2016... that song was also recorded more than 2 years ago probably during Doggumentary sessions

whats ur point? hes sayin that an album full of snoop doin autotune signin aint the business...and he's right. like everyone sayin, the production carried the album. snoop surely coulda did more. doesn't have to be doggystyle, but he's a rapper, not a singer.

there was nothing wrong with the singing, it's what the production called for... had he rapped he would have more than likely had a few just OK verses then the rest would have been some ABC/123 lyricism which would have in fact ruined the production

if he's going to 'rap' then get the hip-hop/g-funk production, this is smoothed out grown man music

he's just not a good singer.......his abc raps are still better than the autotune shit. granted, it doesnt sound terrible, but he definitely coulda brought more to the table. snoop proved he could rap on funk beats on "7 days of dunk"....even "peaches n cream", the best part was that lil verse he did....this was a bigger stage for him to showcase that same style. if u like it, all good...but no need to get mad at peeps expecting a rap album from snoop.

Blood$

« Reply #91 on: May 13, 2015, 10:15:57 AM »
Snoop will never be the same Snoop that he was on Doggystyle ever again, get over it groupie

this was 2 years ago
 <a href="https://www.youtube.com//v/X3H_H1BjdQE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com//v/X3H_H1BjdQE</a>

and this is 2015, next year it will be 2016... that song was also recorded more than 2 years ago probably during Doggumentary sessions

whats ur point? hes sayin that an album full of snoop doin autotune signin aint the business...and he's right. like everyone sayin, the production carried the album. snoop surely coulda did more. doesn't have to be doggystyle, but he's a rapper, not a singer.

there was nothing wrong with the singing, it's what the production called for... had he rapped he would have more than likely had a few just OK verses then the rest would have been some ABC/123 lyricism which would have in fact ruined the production

if he's going to 'rap' then get the hip-hop/g-funk production, this is smoothed out grown man music

he's just not a good singer.......his abc raps are still better than the autotune shit. granted, it doesnt sound terrible, but he definitely coulda brought more to the table. snoop proved he could rap on funk beats on "7 days of dunk"....even "peaches n cream", the best part was that lil verse he did....this was a bigger stage for him to showcase that same style. if u like it, all good...but no need to get mad at peeps expecting a rap album from snoop.

I'm not mad at anybody, if anything Recognize is the maddest motherfucker in this thread lol dudes just love to hate on artists and shit on their work with no real justification just so they can sound like the know it all, hippity-hopping backpacker

7 Days Of Funk was dope too but I can't even say that album and Bush are even close to being anything alike, two different vibes even if it's all funk

Sccit

« Reply #92 on: May 13, 2015, 10:28:55 AM »

this was 2 years ago

I'm not mad at anybody, if anything Recognize is the maddest motherfucker in this thread lol dudes just love to hate on artists and shit on their work with no real justification just so they can sound like the know it all, hippity-hopping backpacker

7 Days Of Funk was dope too but I can't even say that album and Bush are even close to being anything alike, two different vibes even if it's all funk

personally, i too would prefer snoop rapping over snoop singing, so i cant be mad at anyone who shares that point of view.....but theres obviously people who dig it, so i cant be mad at snoop either. it's not like he's rakim. he's been known to venture out and even collaborates with faggot boy-bands, so it's not really surprising. at the end of the day, if some1 feels snoop coulda brought more to the table, then thats their prerogative. i still haven't heard the project, but from what i heard, it wasn't whack...i'll prolly pick it up this weekend.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #93 on: May 13, 2015, 11:56:37 AM »
yall are all full of shit. the album is incredible and the natural progression of an artist thats been in the game for 20 years...now that snoop lion shit felt as forced as gangrape

he has to keep reinventing himself to stay relevant when a artist like modonna or seal does this its such an epic watershed moment in music, the only ppl mad at this are the kids that had doggystyle basically as thier intro to hip hop, i get it.

this album was masterfully crafted...and trimmed down to not be too much...its reintroducing a new sound (thats not really new to snoops fan base as hes always dabbled in funk and 70s vibe) some of yall dont even understand whats going on on some of those tracks. on california roll they are trying there best to recreate the sound from songs on the key of life from stevie wonders album. everything from the songs structure to the way they had snoop layer his vocals like stevie...its all there. do you know how incredible that is? naw...yall dont. he got niles rodgers on this shit and yall cats prolly dont even know who that is....if one thing ill give the euros is they respect the history of the music alot more then his state side fans. yeah i woulda liked some rappin but for a niche project like that its cool. ppl said the same thing when kanye dropped the 808s synth pop album then they took that album and made a whole lane out of it for drake....

mayer hawethorne helped ghost on some songs is the rumor in michigan

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #94 on: May 13, 2015, 12:05:17 PM »
I don't see why all the flack for "Edibles" and "I'm Ya Dogg" sure they sound a bit out of place but still not bad songs lol to each his own

edibles is dope as fuck and brings that old neptunes energy

Blood$

« Reply #95 on: May 13, 2015, 12:56:24 PM »
good to see Petey in here dropping jewels... salute  8)

Blood$

« Reply #96 on: May 13, 2015, 12:59:10 PM »

this was 2 years ago

personally, i too would prefer snoop rapping over snoop singing, so i cant be mad at anyone who shares that point of view.....but theres obviously people who dig it, so i cant be mad at snoop either. it's not like he's rakim. he's been known to venture out and even collaborates with faggot boy-bands, so it's not really surprising. at the end of the day, if some1 feels snoop coulda brought more to the table, then thats their prerogative. i still haven't heard the project, but from what i heard, it wasn't whack...i'll prolly pick it up this weekend.

in all honesty you gotta let this one ride in the whip on a nice sunny day or play it at home cleaning up the spot lol it is mood music to some degree

Sccit

« Reply #97 on: May 13, 2015, 01:11:05 PM »
will stay deleting his posts outa shame

doggfather

https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

westside159

« Reply #99 on: May 14, 2015, 06:23:10 AM »
CALIFORNIA ROLL AND AWAKE ARE THE ONLY DECENT SONGS ON THIS ALBUM . BUSH IS A TERRIBLE AND WACK ALBUM , SNOOP FELL OFF AND CAN'T GET BACK ON . His new projects have been garbage . Pharells beats and production are terrible and lame . This beats suck ass and the songs themself are too soft and lame for my taste .  BUSH ALBUM RATING =  2/5  2 STARS outta 5 .

westside159

« Reply #100 on: May 14, 2015, 06:24:35 AM »
R.I.P. Snoop Dogg - I Knew that, i knew that, i knew that. smfdh.

7 days of funk was 100 times better, too bad snoop used the gimmick name zilla and hardly promoted it right.

Yeah this album is pretty wack , to be honest . Snoop fell off hard

westside159

« Reply #101 on: May 14, 2015, 06:33:14 AM »

7 days of funk was 100 times better, too bad snoop used the gimmick name zilla and hardly promoted it right.

it's just music u know? no need to feel butthurt about few music tones that u didn't like u know?

btw. have mc eith released the tracklist for WWIW yet?  ;D

Never heard of mc eith.

MC EIHT'S NEW ALBUM WIWW WILL BE DROPPING IN JULY OR AUGUST I HEARD .  8) 8)

westside159

« Reply #102 on: May 14, 2015, 06:35:41 AM »
I don't see why all the flack for "Edibles" and "I'm Ya Dogg" sure they sound a bit out of place but still not bad songs lol to each his own

Real talk those songs are terrible . Worst shit i ever heard almost

westside159

« Reply #103 on: May 14, 2015, 06:50:53 AM »
the song with stevie wonder is incredible.

California Roll is the best song on this weak album , real talk  .  8) 8)

Blood$

« Reply #104 on: May 14, 2015, 08:10:47 AM »

it's just music u know? no need to feel butthurt about few music tones that u didn't like u know?

btw. have mc eith released the tracklist for WWIW yet?  ;D

Never heard of mc eith.

MC EIHT'S NEW ALBUM WIWW WILL BE DROPPING IN JULY OR AUGUST I HEARD .  8) 8)

you heard wrong, that shit's never dropping... and if Bush was an MC Eiht album you would be all on his nutsack saying it's an innovative work of art