Author Topic: Snoop Dogg - Bush (Discussion Thread)  (Read 5394 times)

doggfather

Re: Snoop Dogg - Bush (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #105 on: May 14, 2015, 08:51:32 AM »
R.I.P. Snoop Dogg - I Knew that, i knew that, i knew that. smfdh.

7 days of funk was 100 times better, too bad snoop used the gimmick name zilla and hardly promoted it right.

it's just music u know? no need to feel butthurt about few music tones that u didn't like u know?

btw. have mc eith released the tracklist for WWIW yet?  ;D

Never heard of mc eith.

MC EIHT'S NEW ALBUM WIWW WILL BE DROPPING IN JULY OR AUGUST I HEARD .  8) 8)

Which year?
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

doggfather

HELP

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Desert Lord

« Reply #107 on: May 15, 2015, 03:44:55 AM »
don't know with this album...i'm a little bit dissapointed, but maybe it will grow on me if i give it a few more spins.
it's more disco than straight up funky but that's what i expected. production is nice on the most tracks, but like many people said, snoop's vocals sound lazy and uninspired for the most part. don't know why he ain't rappin', that shit worked on r&g...

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #108 on: May 15, 2015, 11:14:12 AM »
I cant believe how ass hurt some of yall are over a dude not creating the same album 15 times.

you got this one guy here rage posting like his team lost the superbowl and another acting like hes about to punch his monitor...over some happy ass breezy feel good music lol

Mr.(Ko)Kane

« Reply #109 on: May 16, 2015, 07:24:36 AM »
Seems like I found out what the bonus track for the Japan release will be: "Peaches N Cream (Instrumental)" Well that's a letdown....  ;D ...but the actual beat is crazy, so having the chance to listen to the instrumental will be great. I found the info on some Japanese site when trying to find out any listing of the bonus cut. Here's where I found the info: http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/SICP-4434

Still listening to this album daily (thanks to the length). Really feeling it. 8)

It's a good change from the regular Snoop Dogg that we are all used to. With Snoop I see it like this: 1) Grabbing money and keeping his name out there with his features on mainstream records. 2) Finding an unique sound and realizing his visions on his solo albums. 3) Spitting bars on his mixtapes and rap artists features, including filthy gangsta raps.

Matty

« Reply #110 on: May 16, 2015, 07:36:32 AM »
Seems like I found out what the bonus track for the Japan release will be: "Peaches N Cream (Instrumental)" Well that's a letdown....  ;D ...but the actual beat is crazy, so having the chance to listen to the instrumental will be great. I found the info on some Japanese site when trying to find out any listing of the bonus cut. Here's where I found the info: http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/SICP-4434

Still listening to this album daily (thanks to the length). Really feeling it. 8)

It's a good change from the regular Snoop Dogg that we are all used to. With Snoop I see it like this: 1) Grabbing money and keeping his name out there with his features on mainstream records. 2) Finding an unique sound and realizing his visions on his solo albums. 3) Spitting bars on his mixtapes and rap artists features, including filthy gangsta raps.

nice find, they didn't have any info for #11 before. will gladly take that, it's not a new track but a lot better than nothing. would love instrumentals for the whole project tho...

red-one

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #111 on: May 16, 2015, 08:43:58 AM »

Maybe it's not the instrumental but the first version of the song which is a lil bit different...

nice find, they didn't have any info for #11 before. will gladly take that, it's not a new track but a lot better than nothing. would love instrumentals for the whole project tho...

Sccit

« Reply #112 on: May 16, 2015, 08:57:21 PM »
don't know with this album...i'm a little bit dissapointed, but maybe it will grow on me if i give it a few more spins.
it's more disco than straight up funky but that's what i expected. production is nice on the most tracks, but like many people said, snoop's vocals sound lazy and uninspired for the most part. don't know why he ain't rappin', that shit worked on r&g...

this .. upon first listen, gota say I'm disappointed. was expectin a lot after peteys post. the production is on point, and the background vocalists came thru. but snoop is just an awful singer. he's good for a bridge or two, but a full album? cmon now..shits too contrived. I can see how one would find it to be an enjoyable, easy goin summer time album.. but overall, it just sounds like forced disco-pop ..... borderline kids album.  as I expected, 7 days of funk was wayyyy better. shit might still grow on me, but the singles sounded like the best cuts off the album on first listen. California roll was smooth but Stevie's part straight killed that autotune shit snoop was doin. it's like a full album of sensual seduction type cuts with better engineering and a higher budget to bring the legends along as a form of validation.

doublee313

« Reply #113 on: May 16, 2015, 09:23:04 PM »
Gave it a 3rd spin in the whip and deleted it. Snoop can't sing. Oh well. At least a few people like it. Maybe the youngsters will dig it cuz Pharrell did the beats and all.

I still bump Kanye Wests 808 album. He pulled it off. But this just is missing something.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 09:26:07 PM by doublee313 »

heyyou

« Reply #114 on: May 16, 2015, 11:32:52 PM »
Okay, some mixed responses on here but my thoughts....

I was really hyped after Peaches and cream dropped, but after the initial listening of the album I was initially let down.
I would liked a bit more rapping like on Peaches & cream, there is very little substance in terms of lyrics, but after a few spins I have to admit it started to grow on me.
1 week later and i'm constantly bumping it (it really makes a difference playing it though a decent sound system) and now can't get the tunes out of my head.

True Snoop wasn't amazing and isn't the best singer but it wasn't wack imo. I think the fact Snoop is still regarded as a rapper only makes it an automatic turn off for some and can't get their head around this niche project (I also admit I enjoyed the Snoop Lion project on the whole).

Snoop stopped being a pure rapper years ago, he's now an entertainer/all-round artist who doesn't want to be pigeon holed as a gangsta rapper.
If you want a Doggystyle type album, go listen to Doggystyle.
You want some Westcoast/LBC gangsta album, pop in your Eastsidaz CD, but this is a chilled, funky pop funk album that bumps in the summer.

The only track I wasn't feeling was 'I'm your dogg', but the rest i'm seriously bumping.

doggfather

HELP

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Desert Lord

« Reply #116 on: May 20, 2015, 04:14:45 AM »
Okay, some mixed responses on here but my thoughts....

I was really hyped after Peaches and cream dropped, but after the initial listening of the album I was initially let down.
I would liked a bit more rapping like on Peaches & cream, there is very little substance in terms of lyrics, but after a few spins I have to admit it started to grow on me.
1 week later and i'm constantly bumping it (it really makes a difference playing it though a decent sound system) and now can't get the tunes out of my head.

True Snoop wasn't amazing and isn't the best singer but it wasn't wack imo. I think the fact Snoop is still regarded as a rapper only makes it an automatic turn off for some and can't get their head around this niche project (I also admit I enjoyed the Snoop Lion project on the whole).

Snoop stopped being a pure rapper years ago, he's now an entertainer/all-round artist who doesn't want to be pigeon holed as a gangsta rapper.
If you want a Doggystyle type album, go listen to Doggystyle.
You want some Westcoast/LBC gangsta album, pop in your Eastsidaz CD, but this is a chilled, funky pop funk album that bumps in the summer.

The only track I wasn't feeling was 'I'm your dogg', but the rest i'm seriously bumping.

i think for the most people it's not about snoop beeing no pure rapper no more...it's just that he should do where he good at imo. he always sang a few parts, that was always his style and it was cool. and i don't mean that he have to put out a gangsta-album neither...a full album with snoop singing is just to much for me lol, not out of principal but because his singing is not good enough imo. but like i said, it's far from beeing a bad album and it could be that it'll grow on me.

Matty

« Reply #117 on: May 20, 2015, 07:53:34 AM »
just seen a 24-bit version of the LP was released digitally. may be of interest for those of you rocking some nice hi-fi equipment 8)

Matty

« Reply #118 on: May 20, 2015, 08:40:16 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/oNDKCHGW70w" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/oNDKCHGW70w</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/-9uO8Tpfr5E" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/-9uO8Tpfr5E</a>

B.A.

« Reply #119 on: May 20, 2015, 11:42:20 AM »
it's just that he should do what he's good at imo. a full album with snoop singing is just to much for me lol, not out of principal but because his singing is not good enough imo.

That's my problem with it, Snoop is not a singer. If it was some unknown/new artist singing like that he/she would be getting bashed left and right or better yet, the album wouldn't have come out at all but since it's Snoop Dogg he gets a pass to sing like shit for an entire album with almost no rapping :grumpy:. When he sings here and there it's ok, never great but it can work but he usually does still rap and that's when he is at his best (his best, not saying he is the best, don't get it twisted). Imo he found the perfect balance on 7 Days of Funk, it was rap, r&b and funk, Snoop rapped and sang. 7 Days should have been a full album and if it would have had Charlie Wilson, Stevie Wonder and maybe some other old school funk artist like George Clinton (or atleast some Kokane ;D) then maybe it would have been the album that most of us would have expected and liked a lot more. Other than California Roll and Peaches N Cream there really aren't any songs on the level of, for example, "Lets Get Blown" from Rhythm & Gangsta; that's not one of my favorite Snoop songs but for what it is, it's good, and I think that's what they were going for on Bush but didn't pull off as well. That's just imo though.
"Lyrics aint nothin' if the beat aint crackin' and knees be smackin', that's why the G's keep stackin'" - DJ Quik