Author Topic: Snoop Dogg - Bush (Discussion Thread)  (Read 5388 times)

doggfather

https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Bomb-A®

Re: Snoop Dogg - Bush (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #121 on: May 27, 2015, 10:37:11 AM »
Great album generally, but terrible as a Snoop album.

Pharrell makes this album great despite Snoop's presence on it. Just when I'd start enjoying the music, Snoop's vocals came in and ruined it all.

Anyone got a link to that Peaches N Cream instrumental that's on Japanese iTunes?

k1000

« Reply #122 on: May 27, 2015, 10:44:35 AM »
i think i enjoy listening to that album. It's funky and cool although the last 4 tracks are more unhurried*. However let's face it, and disagree with Pharrell ; "Bush" aint never get no Grammys.
Because it simply follows the trend of Get Lucky (what's up Nile Roggers!) or the last Chromeo LP, the Tuxedo project, Mark Ronson's Uptown Special and of course, the GIRL sound.

* And even though this is a short Snoop album. It still is too long of an LP. Like any Snoop albums by the way. Except for his Death Row debut   ;D.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 10:49:16 AM by k1000 »

Blood$

« Reply #123 on: May 27, 2015, 12:25:19 PM »
01. California Roll feat. Stevie Wonder - 4/5
02. This City - 4/5
03. R U A Freak - 4/5
04. Awake - 3.5/5
05. So Many Pros - 3/5
06. Peaches N Cream feat. Charlie Wilson - 4/5
07. Edibles feat. T.I. - 4/5
08. I Knew That - 3/5
09. Run Away feat. Gwen Stefani - 3/5
10. I'm Ya Dogg feat. Kendrick Lamar & Rick Ross - 4/5

my final breakdown after giving it a few more spins in the ride, not quite good enough where I'll go buy it but I can see myself revisiting certain tracks in a few years

Sccit

« Reply #124 on: May 27, 2015, 03:23:46 PM »
so many pros is a top 3 cut on there

Blood$

« Reply #125 on: May 27, 2015, 03:32:11 PM »
so many pros is a top 3 cut on there

comes off as sounding the same as 3 songs before it to me and blends in too much, maybe I should try giving it a listen on its own

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #126 on: May 29, 2015, 12:13:05 PM »
edibles is a dope record and sounds ill in the car so is im ya dogg...just dont like rick ross on it

PLANT

« Reply #127 on: May 29, 2015, 12:44:50 PM »
Been long enough to fully digest the album now, and I gotta say....I just can't get into it.  Coming from a long time Snoop fan and supporter, it's hard to say, but I'm not feeling this album.   California Roll is the best track followed by peaches n cream.  But very disappointed in the project overall.  The song Awake, what a complete waste of great production from Snoop.  I cannot believe skate P did not push Snoop more on this album.

Blood$

« Reply #128 on: May 29, 2015, 01:20:53 PM »
edibles is a dope record and sounds ill in the car so is im ya dogg...just dont like rick ross on it

Sccit

« Reply #129 on: May 29, 2015, 01:43:20 PM »
Been long enough to fully digest the album now, and I gotta say....I just can't get into it.  Coming from a long time Snoop fan and supporter, it's hard to say, but I'm not feeling this album.   California Roll is the best track followed by peaches n cream.  But very disappointed in the project overall.  The song Awake, what a complete waste of great production from Snoop.  I cannot believe skate P did not push Snoop more on this album.

DO U NOW AGREE WITH ME THAT 7 DAYS OF FUNK SHITS ON THIS?

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #130 on: May 29, 2015, 03:03:06 PM »
7 days of funk was a dope project and has its own lane but calling that album doggy style and saying this is inferior to that project i cant really agree with but respect your opinion.

hate the fucking gwen stefani song and theres one more from here i dont like other then that this is in snoops top five, you fuckers.

...just playin ;)

Sccit

« Reply #131 on: May 29, 2015, 03:56:35 PM »
7 days of funk was a dope project and has its own lane but calling that album doggy style and saying this is inferior to that project i cant really agree with but respect your opinion.

hate the fucking gwen stefani song and theres one more from here i dont like other then that this is in snoops top five, you fuckers.

...just playin ;)

it's obviously nowhere close to doggystyle, but it's as close as u gone get considering its snoop rappin over funky beats .. anyone who is dumb enough to misinterpret what I said to the point that they think I'm puttin it on the same level as far as overall production value (Willard) needs to slap themselves

anyway snoop came way harder on 7 days than on bush and the production is far more organic and way less pop. production on both albums is on point tho..I prefer bush sonically, but overall I prefer the sound of 7 days, which is closer to authentic funk, where as bush sounds more like disco pop
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 04:01:47 PM by Sccit »

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #132 on: May 29, 2015, 06:07:45 PM »
One thing for sure, Snoops raps is missing on this album...The production is amazing but its missing something, I believe that Snoop is doing so many things at the same time that he wasnt focussed on this album, I mean its not hard to get a singing coach if you really want to sing..

No Thang On Me and Leave me alone are great singing tracks.

PLANT

« Reply #133 on: May 29, 2015, 06:27:16 PM »
One thing for sure, Snoops raps is missing on this album...The production is amazing but its missing something, I believe that Snoop is doing so many things at the same time that he wasnt focussed on this album, I mean its not hard to get a singing coach if you really want to sing..

No Thang On Me and Leave me alone are great singing tracks.
Agreed, but regardless of how focused Snoop is or isn't, I'm surprised P got behind this and put it out.  The way he was talking about winning Grammys and whatnot....you've got to be kidding!

jon0hofficial

• Lil Geezy
  • Jon Oh! aka Mr No Condom
« Reply #134 on: May 29, 2015, 08:30:44 PM »
yea, i haven't gotten into this one. It all sounds the same, and i haven't accepted Snoop Dogg/Lion's new flow yet, probably gonna grow on me though, been riding wit snoop
#NoCondom.