Author Topic: Snoop Dogg - Bush (Discussion Thread)  (Read 5396 times)

doggfather

https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

heyyou

Re: Snoop Dogg - Bush (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #136 on: May 31, 2015, 02:52:02 AM »
7 days of funk was a dope project and has its own lane but calling that album doggy style and saying this is inferior to that project i cant really agree with but respect your opinion.

hate the fucking gwen stefani song and theres one more from here i dont like other then that this is in snoops top five, you fuckers.

...just playin ;)

it's obviously nowhere close to doggystyle, but it's as close as u gone get considering its snoop rappin over funky beats .. anyone who is dumb enough to misinterpret what I said to the point that they think I'm puttin it on the same level as far as overall production value (Willard) needs to slap themselves

anyway snoop came way harder on 7 days than on bush and the production is far more organic and way less pop. production on both albums is on point tho..I prefer bush sonically, but overall I prefer the sound of 7 days, which is closer to authentic funk, where as bush sounds more like disco pop

Bush was more pop/commercial friendly than 7 days, but that isn't a bad thing imo, but I agree sonically Bush is far above 7 Days. I guess it's also the taste of the listener, i've been into my disco funk recently ie listeing in to 'Fresh' by Kool & the gang & 'Get Down Saturday night' by Oliver Cheatham  - dope tracks, so that's why i'm really feeling the bush album.

dnjp4life

« Reply #137 on: June 01, 2015, 11:07:58 AM »
I bought the album and have jammed it a few times at home and in the car, and I have to admit, I'm really enjoying it. 
It has a great groovy vibe from beginning to end, is easy to listen to, and is short so doesn't outstay its welcome (unlike every Snoop Dogg album with the exception of Doggystyle and 7 Days of Funk).
I think if you approach the album knowing that it's not a typical Snoop Dogg rap album, then you will like it a lot more.  Also, contrary to what others have said, I don't think there are any tracks that don't seem to fit in.  In fact, this is one of the most cohesive projects Snoop has put together, perhaps even too cohesive considering a couple of the tracks have the same drum loops.
They need to release 'This City' as a single next  8)  I think that has the potential to be a big track.

Matty

« Reply #138 on: June 01, 2015, 01:22:15 PM »
i think 'Run Away' would have the most legs as a single to catch on in the mainstream, maybe a slightly shorter edit. i probably would have picked that over 'Peaches N Cream' or 'So Many Pros' to be honest, regardless of my preference.

Sccit

« Reply #139 on: June 02, 2015, 01:35:12 AM »
i think 'Run Away' would have the most legs as a single to catch on in the mainstream, maybe a slightly shorter edit. i probably would have picked that over 'Peaches N Cream' or 'So Many Pros' to be honest, regardless of my preference.

RUN AWAY IS THE WORST ON THE ALBUM, IM GLAD THEY DINT PICK THAT 1

Blood$

« Reply #140 on: June 02, 2015, 07:37:20 AM »

RUN AWAY IS THE WORST ON THE ALBUM, IM GLAD THEY DINT PICK THAT 1

and that's the exact reason it should be a single lol

Sccit

« Reply #141 on: June 02, 2015, 11:29:44 AM »
I THINK THIS CITY WAS A GOOD IDEA, RUN AWAY IS GUNA TURN LOTSA PEOPLE OFF

Blood$

« Reply #142 on: June 02, 2015, 12:23:06 PM »

nah "This City" is too good of a song to be pushed as a single, no need for radio to butcher that shit by overplaying it like they do everything else... "Run Away" is the worst of the album but has the biggest potential, not many die-hard Snoop fans fucking with this album anyway so they might as well push it to other audiences

Sccit

« Reply #143 on: June 02, 2015, 01:21:50 PM »

nah "This City" is too good of a song to be pushed as a single, no need for radio to butcher that shit by overplaying it like they do everything else... "Run Away" is the worst of the album but has the biggest potential, not many die-hard Snoop fans fucking with this album anyway so they might as well push it to other audiences

run away sounds like trash. won't really catch on ..... this city has a classic pharell sound that always produces hits

Blood$

« Reply #144 on: June 02, 2015, 01:28:36 PM »

run away sounds like trash. won't really catch on ..... this city has a classic pharell sound that always produces hits

Young Thug and Fetty Wap sound like trash too but their music seems to catch on with the general public

Sccit

« Reply #145 on: June 02, 2015, 01:54:39 PM »

Young Thug and Fetty Wap sound like trash too but their music seems to catch on with the general public

but thats cuz they make dumb music for dumb people...this is not dumb, it's just weird

Blood$

« Reply #146 on: June 02, 2015, 02:18:25 PM »

but thats cuz they make dumb music for dumb people...this is not dumb, it's just weird

the Snoop/Gwen song is no different than the Katy Perry joint in essence lol

OG Filthy Wimp

« Reply #147 on: June 02, 2015, 03:22:07 PM »
put the fuckin scrotum in the basket.
SO THERE I WAS EATING A BURGER AND FRIES WITH SUGE KNIGHT....

jman91331

« Reply #148 on: June 03, 2015, 04:36:58 AM »
I bought the album and have jammed it a few times at home and in the car, and I have to admit, I'm really enjoying it. 
It has a great groovy vibe from beginning to end, is easy to listen to, and is short so doesn't outstay its welcome (unlike every Snoop Dogg album with the exception of Doggystyle and 7 Days of Funk).
I think if you approach the album knowing that it's not a typical Snoop Dogg rap album, then you will like it a lot more.  Also, contrary to what others have said, I don't think there are any tracks that don't seem to fit in.  In fact, this is one of the most cohesive projects Snoop has put together, perhaps even too cohesive considering a couple of the tracks have the same drum loops.
They need to release 'This City' as a single next  8)  I think that has the potential to be a big track.
Bingo, in think you hit the nail on the head. People go into it expecting a typical rap album by Snoop and not taking it for what it is. I think it is a very dope project and I hope him and P do more albums together. At this stage in Snoop's life (close to 50, just became a grandfather) he's not gonna be Murdering the Case anymore so he's gonna do music that feels good to him. I think it's feel good music and I'm diggin it. Of course Snoop's not the best singer but most funk bands didn't have helluva singers (George Clinton or James Brown are not Luther Vandross lol) but they are more like another instrument in the funk. I give Snoop & P props that they were able to try something different in an era where every artist these days are dick riders and copy each other or use the same type sounds and/or producers (how many songs come on saying Mustard on the beat hoe or Mike Will Made It?) and I think they pulled it off.

Blood$

« Reply #149 on: June 03, 2015, 08:55:04 AM »
Bingo, in think you hit the nail on the head. People go into it expecting a typical rap album by Snoop and not taking it for what it is. I think it is a very dope project and I hope him and P do more albums together. At this stage in Snoop's life (close to 50, just became a grandfather) he's not gonna be Murdering the Case anymore so he's gonna do music that feels good to him. I think it's feel good music and I'm diggin it. Of course Snoop's not the best singer but most funk bands didn't have helluva singers (George Clinton or James Brown are not Luther Vandross lol) but they are more like another instrument in the funk. I give Snoop & P props that they were able to try something different in an era where every artist these days are dick riders and copy each other or use the same type sounds and/or producers (how many songs come on saying Mustard on the beat hoe or Mike Will Made It?) and I think they pulled it off.

well said, most in this thread are just close minded and only appreciate what's washed up