Author Topic: America: Defender of Freedom, Liberator of the Oppressed  (Read 698 times)

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
America: Defender of Freedom, Liberator of the Oppressed
« on: April 09, 2003, 08:12:59 PM »
America: Defender of Freedom, Liberator of the Oppressed: An Essay By CWalker187

I am proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free. And today, the people of Iraq also know what freedom feels like, thanks to the bravery and heroism of the political leadership and armed forces of the United States, Great Britain, and the rest of the Coalition. And what absolute humiliation and shame anyone who opposed this war must feel after the events of today.

Who will ever forget the footage of Iraqis experiencing freedom after decades of oppression from Saddam Hussein and his brutal regime? My heart jumped as I watched the people of Iraq use hammers to chip away at the Saddam statue located in central Baghdad. And when they couldn't bring it down, an American tank stepped in to do the job, just as the American military stepped in to free these people when they rest of the world was rallying to defend the "Butcher of Baghdad". Who will ever forget the incredible joy and elation that Iraqis felt, as they danced and sang, drove through the streets honking car horns, and waved homemade American flags in appreciation of their liberators. I particularly enjoyed the chants of "Bush, Bush" as ordinary citizens presented gifts of flowers and cigarettes to American troops entering the city. These scenes were no different then the celebrations witnessed during the liberation of France from the Nazis in 1944, and the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989. Is it any surprise that the United States was involved in all of these joyous incidents?

Let's be honest, there are a lot of people who did not want you to see those images of  celebration that took place in Iraq today. The entire Arab world did not want you to see those images. Countries such as France, Germany, and Russia did not want you to see those images. Hollywood liberals like Michael Moore, Susan Sarandon, and Janeane Garrafolo did not want you to see those images. And posters here like IrishThugWannabe, Tech, and Kaidy definitely did not want you to see those images.

Because what we saw today only confirms the misery that the people of Iraq have been living under all these years. Everyone is familiar with the thousands and thousands of Kurds and Shiite Muslims that were slaughtered by Saddam. However, just two weeks into this war we are already being presented with further evidence of the regime's brutality. From the discovery of hundreds of dismembered bodies in a warehouse near Basra, to the uncovering of torture chambers throughout the country, to the grotesque contrast between the splendor of Saddam's palaces and the poverty of his people.....the level of savagery had never been known. And who knows what gruesome stories will come out of that country in the upcoming months as the full horror of Saddam's regime is detailed.

Before any of you start, I know all about the unfortunate human cost of this war. I am well aware of the hundreds of innocent Iraqi civilians who tragically lost their lives. I know that there are many children who no longer have their parents, and I know that are many parents who have lost a son or daughter as well. However, I also know that freedom is a precious gift, and that it comes at a high cost. When I look back at history, and at the hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians that lost their lives in World War 2, I ask you: would anyone question the legitimacy of that war? And I ask you one further question: does the number of innocent people killed in this war even come close to the number of civilians killed during Saddam's reign? What about the number of innocent people that would have been killed had Saddam remained in power and been succeeded by his even more brutal sons?

So once again I say shame on all you anti-war protestors. I hope that you feel shame and embarrassment when you look at yourselves in the mirror. How arrogant of you to want to deny someone the freedom and liberty that you spoiled brats take for granted in your everyday life. It is easy to be anti-war when you are living the good life in a country such as England or Germany or Canada. The biggest oppression you guys have ever faced is when your favorite rapper pushes back the release date on his new album. Luckily for the people of Iraq, men like George W. Bush and Tony Blair have a greater appreciation for justice and the triumph of good over evil.

God bless America.

Quakaveli

Re:America: Defender of Freedom, Liberator of the Oppressed
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2003, 08:50:38 PM »
GOD BLESS AMERICA!! ppsssss that pic of sadaams statue being brought down iz my avtar  ;D

Trauma-san

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2003, 09:02:03 PM »
Great Post, C Walker.  Those are my sentiments exactly.  I'm ashamed though, that everyone won't be as optimistic and appreciative of this moment.  Some see beauty in all things, some look for despair in the the most beautiful flower.  

Doggystylin

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2003, 10:03:00 PM »
LMAO ok

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2003, 10:59:07 PM »
None of the anti-war protestors are going to respond to this thread.

Kaidy

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2003, 12:50:19 AM »
yes they are

America: Oppressor of the Free, Liar to the People

Coming soon (when I get back from work)

.:DayGoStyLz:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2003, 02:21:38 AM »
America: Defender of Freedom, Liberator of the Oppressed:

i was gonna read this long shit...but i started crackin up at this first line...and never got past it LOL!!!!

at first i thought...this was supposed to be sarcasm. But then i realized it came from Cwalker...and he was actually serious lol. Funny, with the past this country has had...and the racist policies that it still holds...that u are calling US, the "Defender of Freedom, Liberator of the Oppressed". Its easy to stay on ONE side of the arguement, and never chose to look at the opposite side. How about, "murderer of civilians"? Does that fit? I mean, our troops did murder over 1000 civilians. So if u want to say we are the Defenders of...whateva the fuk u said. Then u can go ahead n also include the Murderer of Civilians. Fair enough? If i felt as if your family was oppressed, and i said i wanted to make u all free...but then told u i had to kill your mother to make it happen. What would your choice be?

Woodrow

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2003, 03:43:40 AM »

i was gonna read this long shit...but i started crackin up at this first line...and never got past it LOL!!!!

at first i thought...this was supposed to be sarcasm. But then i realized it came from Cwalker...and he was actually serious lol. Funny, with the past this country has had...and the racist policies that it still holds...that u are calling US, the "Defender of Freedom, Liberator of the Oppressed". Its easy to stay on ONE side of the arguement, and never chose to look at the opposite side. How about, "murderer of civilians"? Does that fit? I mean, our troops did murder over 1000 civilians. So if u want to say we are the Defenders of...whateva the fuk u said. Then u can go ahead n also include the Murderer of Civilians. Fair enough? If i felt as if your family was oppressed, and i said i wanted to make u all free...but then told u i had to kill your mother to make it happen. What would your choice be?

Sigh...

Lets do some simple math.

First protestors claimed that over 60,000 Iraqi's were killed each year thru the sanctions the UN imposed on Iraq. Add the untold thousands that Saddam kills every year.

Lets say that's 80,000 Iraqi's that die every year if things were to keep going like they have been for the past 12 years.

Now lets take the number of Iraqi's killed in the war.

I'll give you the benifit of the doubt and say that 3,000 have been killed.

I'll assume (bad idea) that you can see what's worse.

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2003, 04:05:46 AM »
80'000 * 12 = 960'000 people....

thats the people who would still live if it wasnt for the americans....

Woodrow

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2003, 04:11:24 AM »
80'000 * 12 = 960'000 people....

thats the people who would still live if it wasnt for the americans....

Why don't you do some research on who imposed the sanctions, and why...

And how were the 20,000 (my estimate) that Saddam killed every year The American's fault?

if you don't have anything of substance to add to the discussion, save some face and just don't post.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2003, 04:12:54 AM by Engel-Rock AKA Dances With Bitch »

.:DayGoStyLz:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2003, 04:54:19 AM »

Sigh...

Lets do some simple math.

First protestors claimed that over 60,000 Iraqi's were killed each year thru the sanctions the UN imposed on Iraq. Add the untold thousands that Saddam kills every year.

Lets say that's 80,000 Iraqi's that die every year if things were to keep going like they have been for the past 12 years.

Now lets take the number of Iraqi's killed in the war.

I'll give you the benifit of the doubt and say that 3,000 have been killed.

I'll assume (bad idea) that you can see what's worse.

yur response...didnt respond to what i said. So its irrelevent.

Kaidy

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2003, 07:37:14 AM »
okay as promised heres my reply, i'll just get straight to the points.

First - Cwalker youre wrong in your assumption i did not want to see Iraqi people free. I want to see all the oppressed people of the world free. You clearly never read my posts or understand my position.

Okay, now you've all had the wool pulled over your eyes. Bush and Blair's MAIN reason for war (way before they played the 'liberation' card) was that Iraq had gone against UN resolutions and was building great weapons and an army that was a threat to the world. Look at the war, the fuckin Iraq rag-tag army couldn't even defend their own cities. They had completely sub-standard weapons, crappy organization, and on the whole weren't much of a threat at all. Don't even get me started on the whole WMD (or lack of them) issue.

The war was started to further Bush's popularity. He knew it would be a quick war against a non-opponent that would make him look good. It takes peoples eyes off of the economy and problems at home, PLUS who does a faraway war appeal to? White middle class gun-toting Americans, and the unintelligent who have no world view. And who is Bush's target demographic for the next election? The exact same people, isnt that a shocker?

All opponents to war and to Bush, liberal free-thinking folks, are made to look like hippies and traitors. Handy pre-election propaganda isn't it?

And now comes the aftermath. Right now it looks great. Selected images of Iraqis running free and happy patronising messages from good ol George and Tony. But look at the other side of the coin. No police force (equals riots and looting), no judicial system, nobody to hold together order. If you really think they are going to set up a people's democracy in Iraq then... well we'll see how it plays out i guess.

And to respond to Walkers last paragraph, yes it is a beautiful thing we have the freedoms we have in our respective countries. But we should be using that freedom to help ALL the oppressed people of the world and to question the mistakes of our elected leaders. The views of those protesting against the government should naver be ignored (if they are on a wide scale) and should never be ridiculed, as we have seen the US and UK do in these last few months. They go against the fundamental principles of democracy.

KING VerbalAssaulta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2003, 07:42:25 AM »
great post c-walker....
 ::) @ the haters

ITW [the irish boy]

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2003, 08:26:38 AM »
That was probably one of the best posts cwalker has ever made but as usual it had a lot of stupidity in it. I was really happy when i saw the iraqis free last night. It was the best thing I had seen for a long time. But anti war people never opposed freeing the iraqi people, it was the bombing and killing of them in the first place for their own gain. We will see in the coming weeks how serious the coalition is about getting out and letting iraq rule itself and that will be the real test.

As for your last paragraph cwalker that pissed me off big time. You say we have never experienced oppression. How is 800 years for you? 800 years of british oppression and we have only been officially free about 60. Dont talk to me about not knowing oppression, we live the after-effects of it every day. Maybe your little speel on how we dont know oppression should be applyed to yourself. And to tell you the truth, bush doesnt give a flying fuck about the freedom and livlyhood of those in the third world. If he did why did he refuse to go into agreements for the provision of food and water in those countries when targets were being drawn up in johannasburg. Why is it that only 1/8 of the money spent on the star wars missile program would provide clean water for the whole world. And why is there such high poverty at home. Do you not think he would have taken care of these issues first if he really wanted to help the world instead of bombing iraq?

Good post man, but dont ever say i havent felt oppression. When has your country ever been invaded and oppressed. When have your country ever been truly at war on their own soil. You dont know what its like so dont speak on it.

Hopefully iraq is free at last
SO MANY PEOPLE THINK THEY KNOW
BUT DO THEY KNOW TO THINK
THINK ABOUT THINKING
BEFORE THEY KNOW NOTHING
DID THEY KNOW SOMETHING
LETS THINK

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2003, 01:53:20 PM »
America: Defender of Freedom, Liberator of the Oppressed: An Essay By CWalker187

I am proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free. And today, the people of Iraq also know what freedom feels like, thanks to the bravery and heroism of the political leadership and armed forces of the United States, Great Britain, and the rest of the Coalition.

TOO BAD THE US HELPED THEIR OPPRESSION FOR YEARS

And what absolute humiliation and shame anyone who opposed this war must feel after the events of today.

SHAME AT THE US FOR ATTACKING A SOVEREIGN NATION. HOWEVER THE MASS JUBILIATION OF IRAQIS WAS PREDICTED, AND AS SUCH, SINCE I USED TO LIVE THERE AND I EXPERIENCED SADDAMS BRUTALITY MYSELF, I AM OVERJOYED AND SO IS THE IRAQIS.

Who will ever forget the footage of Iraqis experiencing freedom after decades of oppression from Saddam Hussein and his brutal regime? My heart jumped as I watched the people of Iraq use hammers to chip away at the Saddam statue located in central Baghdad. And when they couldn't bring it down, an American tank stepped in to do the job, just as the American military stepped in to free these people when they rest of the world was rallying to defend the "Butcher of Baghdad".

NO ONE DEFENDED SADDAM YOU FUCKIN MORON. WHILE YOU WERE LIVING IN UPPER CLASS SUBARBIA, I WAS SLEEPIN IN THE IRAQI / JORDAN BORDER TRYING TO ESCAPE IRAQ. THIS WAR WAS ILLEGAL. THAT IS THE BASIS CENTRAL POINT. THIS IS POLITICS, HOW CAN A NATION SERIOUSLY LAUNCH CAMPAIGNS BASED ON FABRICATED MORAL INHIBITIONS?

Who will ever forget the incredible joy and elation that Iraqis felt, as they danced and sang, drove through the streets honking car horns, and waved homemade American flags in appreciation of their liberators. I particularly enjoyed the chants of "Bush, Bush" as ordinary citizens presented gifts of flowers and cigarettes to American troops entering the city. These scenes were no different then the celebrations witnessed during the liberation of France from the Nazis in 1944, and the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989. Is it any surprise that the United States was involved in all of these joyous incidents?

THE STATES INVOLVED IN THE FALL OF THE BERLIN WALL? THIS IS THE FIRST I HEARD OF THIS. THE CIA DIDNT EVEN PREDICT THE FALL OF COMMUNISM. HOW WAS THE US INVOLVED. COMMUNISMS COLLAPSE IN EASTERN EUROPE HAD MUCH MORE TO DO WITH GORBACHOVZ REFUSAL TO SHOOT DOWN SOLIDARITY MEMBERS IN POLAND, AND UPRISINGS IN EAST GERMANY. BUT THIS IS BESIDES THE POINT. LETS CONTINUE.....

Let's be honest, there are a lot of people who did not want you to see those images of  celebration that took place in Iraq today. The entire Arab world did not want you to see those images. Countries such as France, Germany, and Russia did not want you to see those images. Hollywood liberals like Michael Moore, Susan Sarandon, and Janeane Garrafolo did not want you to see those images. And posters here like IrishThugWannabe, Tech, and Kaidy definitely did not want you to see those images.

THESE IMAGES WERE PREDICTED. THEY WERE NEVER DOUBTED. I BELIEVE THIS WAR IS ILLEGAL, WHICH MEANS THAT I CANT DO SHIT. THE WAR WILL GO ONE, AND IVE ALWAYS GAVE THE US CREDIT FOR 2 THINGS:
ONE, BUSH DID A GOOD JOB PUTTIN A GUN TO SADDAMS HEADS OVER INSPECTIONS, AND TWO, THE POSITIVE IN ALL THIS WILL BE THE LIBERATION OF THE IRAQIS.

Because what we saw today only confirms the misery that the people of Iraq have been living under all these years. Everyone is familiar with the thousands and thousands of Kurds and Shiite Muslims that were slaughtered by Saddam. However, just two weeks into this war we are already being presented with further evidence of the regime's brutality. From the discovery of hundreds of dismembered bodies in a warehouse near Basra, to the uncovering of torture chambers throughout the country, to the grotesque contrast between the splendor of Saddam's palaces and the poverty of his people.....the level of savagery had never been known. And who knows what gruesome stories will come out of that country in the upcoming months as the full horror of Saddam's regime is detailed.

YOUR PRESIDENT BUSH SR CALLED FOR THE UPRISING OF THE SHIITES AND THE KURDS AND REFUSED TO HELP THEM. THEY ALLOWED IRAQI MILITARY TO MOVE INTO THE NORTHERN PART OF IRAQ, VIOLATING THE FLY ZONE AND VIOLATING CEASE FIRE AGREEMENTS. THE US TURNED A BLIND EYE TO THAT. NOW A DECADE LATER CEASE FIRE VIOLATIONS IS ONE OF THE MANY MANY REASONS FOR WAR? RUMSFELD WAS SHAKING SADDAMS HAND IN 84, NOW HES CALLIN FOR HIS DEATH? LIKE LOUIS FARAKHAN SAID, "HOW CAN THE YOUTH IN THE GHETTOES BE URGED TO STOP KILLING EACH OTHER WHEN THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA IS CALLING FOR THE DEATH OF ANOTHER HUMAN BEING?"

Before any of you start, I know all about the unfortunate human cost of this war. I am well aware of the hundreds of innocent Iraqi civilians who tragically lost their lives. I know that there are many children who no longer have their parents, and I know that are many parents who have lost a son or daughter as well. However, I also know that freedom is a precious gift, and that it comes at a high cost. When I look back at history, and at the hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians that lost their lives in World War 2, I ask you: would anyone question the legitimacy of that war? And I ask you one further question: does the number of innocent people killed in this war even come close to the number of civilians killed during Saddam's reign? What about the number of innocent people that would have been killed had Saddam remained in power and been succeeded by his even more brutal sons?

ARE YOU WELL AWARE TO YOUR GOVTS INDIFFERENCE UP UNTIL 5 YEARS AGO WHEN NEO CONSERVATIVE POLITICIANS AND THINK TANKS DEVISED A POLICY TO SAFEGUARD AMERICAN INTERESTS IN THE MIDDLE EAST, EVEN IF THIS MEAN MILITARY ACTION. 9/11 HAS BEEN ENGRAVED IN THE AMERICAN PSYCHE.

So once again I say shame on all you anti-war protestors. I hope that you feel shame and embarrassment when you look at yourselves in the mirror. How arrogant of you to want to deny someone the freedom and liberty that you spoiled brats take for granted in your everyday life. It is easy to be anti-war when you are living the good life in a country such as England or Germany or Canada. The biggest oppression you guys have ever faced is when your favorite rapper pushes back the release date on his new album. Luckily for the people of Iraq, men like George W. Bush and Tony Blair have a greater appreciation for justice and the triumph of good over evil.

SHAME ON YOU FOR THIS POORLY WRITTEN ESSAY. SHAME ON YOUR LILY WHITE ASS CALLIN ME A SPOLIED BRAT AND LIVING THE GOOD LIFE. YOU WILL NEVER SEE IN YOUR WHOLE LIFE WHAT IVE SEEN IN MY FIRST 7 YEARS.

God bless America.

WHATEVER, BIN LADEN.
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll