Author Topic: Spider-Man Movie: Sony & Marvel Spin Web Of Directors For New Franchise  (Read 530 times)

OmegaRed

EXCLUSIVE: In the wake of the massive opening of Avengers: Age Of Ultron, it’s no surprise that the audition process everybody’s talking about is the selection of a director for the next iteration of Sony Pictures’ live-action Spider-Man franchise, the first one that teams rights holder Sony Pictures with Marvel Studios genius Kevin Feige (after Ultron became Marvel’s ninth straight hit, is that designation overstatement?)

There are all kinds of rumors raging about the wall crawler, including that Feige and his producing accomplice Amy Pascal are planning an arc that will tell the Spidey story over three to four movies, each covering a year of high school for Peter Parker, who’ll already have been bitten by the radioactive spider so we don’t have to see that all over again. The tone they are searching for in the coming of age tale is John Hughes humor and emotion, plus all the superhero stuff.

Here are the filmmakers I’m told are seriously in the mix right now. Don’t take this as being all inclusive, but it sounds like things are moving quickly and they could make a decision by the end of next week and make a final choice with studio chief Tom Rothman. There is 50/50 and Warm Bodies writer/helmer Jonathan Levine; Ted Melfi, writer/director of Golden Globe-nommed St. Vincent; Pitch Perfect helmer Jason Moore; John Francis Daley & Jonathan M. Goldstein, the directors/writers of the updated version of John Hughes’ Vacation; and Napoleon Dynamite and Don Verdean writer/director Jared Hess.

http://deadline.com/2015/05/spider-man-director-short-list-marvel-sony-1201421161/
We need your help.....

Looking for latest content ----->
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCAkQem5MWo3cuhdIOPQEaeQ/videos
 www.insomiacmagazine.com

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

Ugh, another spiderman reboot.  Even though I was always a spiderman fan, I chose not to watch this 1st reboot.  Most likely won't bother with the 2nd reboot.  Heard they're doing this for spiderman to be on the avengers.  The characters that the avengers have now, they don't really need spiderman. 

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Ugh, another spiderman reboot.  Even though I was always a spiderman fan, I chose not to watch this 1st reboot.  Most likely won't bother with the 2nd reboot.  Heard they're doing this for spiderman to be on the avengers.  The characters that the avengers have now, they don't really need spiderman. 

Marvel will always need Spiderman.

I don't know why they don't just have Whedon do it. He made a living off of teen humor for decades and has shown recently that he can do blockbuster action films with Avengers. The only logical reason for him not to do it is if he doesn't want to.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
lol@grown men who love these kids movies... I don't know why that is so common now... when I was a kid I never knew any adults who would get giddy over the new superhero movie
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 03:33:47 AM by Infinite aka Mekkan Refugee manifest »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

K-MACC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
lol@grown men who love these kids movies... I don't know why that is so common now... when I was a kid I never knew any adults who would get giddy over the new superhero movie
real spit broadie

Sccit

i only fux wit the tim burton batmans

doggfather

poor spidey. hes goin bakc to high school again?!
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

Even regular movies that isn't comic characters related, the constant remakes are annoying.  People are just scared to do something new.  Or at least change the name of what's being redone.  Its dumb having multiple movies with the same name.