Author Topic: When'd U Start Listening to Hip Hop/Rap...and Who Introduced It To You???  (Read 305 times)

Uneek Nicca

• Lil Geezy
  • Peeps hate dying,BUT die hating!!!
iight...here's my story..

I'm 18,my moms 36...so like we both did kinda like alot of growing up together....

I dont actully remember the first rap song I eva heard...or by who...But I remember being in like 1st or 2nd grade,hearing Brenda's Gotta Baby (by Tupac)....Jump,Jump..(by Kriss Kross)..Cant Touch This/To Legit To Quit (by MC Hammer)...Ice Ice Baby (by Vanilla Ice)..Everyday People (Arrested Development) .....Geordy Porgy ( by MC Lyte)....Deeper (by Bo$$)...You Can Get Wit This,or You Can Get Wit Dat (Black Sheep)...U.N.I.T.Y. (by Queen Latifah)......all that shyt...Then is like 3rd or 4th grade...So Funkdafied (by Da Brat)....First Of The Month/For The Love Of Money (by BONE)...jus all dat..

Even though I listened to all that stuff before...I really started liking rap when Tupac's- Me Against The World CD came out...that's when I was in like 4th grade....Moms played it all the time...And even though I was so young,at the time...I could understand alot of what he was saying on that CD....It was kinda different from the other stuff before...cuz he spoke about the truth...all the stuff I listened to b4 was like for radio hits...

Then my second favorite rap CD came out when I was in 6th grade (The 7 Day Theory,by Pac)...I remember the first day it came out, my moms pulled up (to get me after school)..and errbody was like,is dat yo mom....and we both smiling like yea...

So my moms got me into rap/hip hop....

hector

My cousin was playin the chronic in 92. Been hooked ever since.

Young Dan Iza

my bro used 2 bang RUNDMC-Raisin' Hell around the sandbox all the time, i was prolly like 5 or 6

funkstylz

i think my cuz introduced it to me with some old shit like public enemy, bangin on wax ( bloodz n crips), too short, etc.

Suga Foot

I used to see the videos on tv, then I'd hear the songs on the radio, so I liked it.  Salt-N-Pepa, and Dre got me really into it.

Dorado

• 'G'
  • What's Really Good!??!?!
I listen to it when Run DMCs Rasing Hell my Dad was into them at the time.  Thats classic shit!
Think Free.

Quakaveli

When I first came to da USA..lol I was bout 12, it was 97...da only radio station I knew bout was radio disney...so heard that shit for a couple months, LOL, I know...but den I thought shit was coo...even Wierd Al LMAO.....so anyway listenin to shit I came across dat Will Smith song...MIB, haha I used ta love dat song, my radio didnt have a tape recorder so I recorded that song on our answeing machine so I could understand all da words( I couldnt understand rap lyrics for SHIT when I first began listenin)...and then I rapped that song, I memorized it all and rapped it a lot, lol..that was my first rap song I guess...

then I got into listenin to radio...heard a lotta radio POWER 106 92.3 DA BEAT ;D and so on.........

E. J. Rizo

my brother would listen to rap alot when i was growing up and i was about 9 when he got his first cd which was The Chronic.....Hooked ever since i now Love Rap and Hip Hop probrably more than him.

PLANT

Well when I was in about grade 2 I was listenging to little kid rap like Another Bad Creation and Kris Kross and shit, some Bel Biv Devoe and what not, then around when I was in grade 3 or 4 my cousin had some tapes like Doggystyle, and some Public Enemy shit so I really started to like rap music since that point.  But even as a young kid, I always like Snoop, I used to listen to the skits off doggystyle and just laugh my ass off!  I thought that shit was hilarious as a youngster. ;D

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
STARTED LISTENING TO HIP HOP REGULARELY IN LIKE 93, I WAS TEN AND MY OLDER CUZINS INTRODUCED ME TO EAZY, SNOOP, DRE, AND PAC.

<----------------------
« Last Edit: April 10, 2003, 02:07:02 PM by King Tech Quadafi »
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

White-Chocolate

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Live My Life A Legend Immortalized By Lyric'Z
i started listenin' in 1990 my uncle got me into tha shizz 'n have never regreted it, shit eazy-e, NWA, ice cube, too $hort, then switch to pac with 2pacalypse now: brenda's got a baby, i just don't give a fuck, hehe that's old school for me
« Last Edit: April 10, 2003, 02:37:51 PM by White-Chocolate »
Look Into TheZe EyeZ, What Do U C? That'Z Right, Nothing, I'm A Mystery
White-Chocolate
Westsiiide Riidah
The GAME Ain't the SAME A Damn SHAME

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Am I the only one who started listening to Hip Hop when I was born?

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
Am I the only one who started listening to Hip Hop when I was born?

Riiiiiiite......

ummm, I dunno how I got into it......I guess my brother & Older Cuzzins and shit......Back 1st or 2nd grade......

I got into flowing & makin beats in 7th grade I remember......Wit my old groups, lmao, stupid shit......Then I got down with my cuzzin's Sand Nagga crew......Long Story short, I got into hella fights with them fools......

Now it's on, I'm in da game doin it finally......Bout to grow & make some gigantic shit happen soon......Stay tuned.......

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

Vigilante

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Future Revolutionary Classic
I first listened to Hip Hop when i was real young ... I listened to Coolio and P Diddy / BIG....and then I got HOOKED when i heard Still Dre (Fav all time song)

and damn u 18 and ya moms is 36 !!!!!!!!! :o

This album recieved 3 Mics in the Source.....BS
Go support him and go buy it!

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
the song that got me into hiphop was the song "Revolution" forgot who sang that but it was tight oh also Boogie Down Production