Author Topic: When'd U Start Listening to Hip Hop/Rap...and Who Introduced It To You???  (Read 306 times)

OpTiCaL

• Cool As Ice Cube
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The DoN MeGa
I was already into the sounds before 90 with grandmaster flash, Afrikaa Bambaataa,Kool Herc etc but then i was totally hooked...moving to roxanne shante,LL,beastie boys,bdp,...nwa, public enemy,ice cube, ice-t,2-pac,cypress hill,eric b and rakim,sista souljah.

My hiphop history goes a long way back and covers many incarnations of hiphop that we see today....and im still in love with it  ;)

willie_d

• 'G'
  • You ready? Here come the pain!
Damn, let's see.
I remember the first song I heard was "Go See the Doctor" by Kool Moe Dee. I was driving and thought: "What the fuck is this?" But I immediately liked it. Shortly after, I heard "Paid in Full" by Eric B & Rakim.
The moment I was really hooked when I got a tape from a friend. One side had Public Enemy on it, It Takes a Nation..., and the other side had Boogie Down Productions on it, Criminal Minded.
"Fresh for '87. You Suckassss" Ha, ha  ;D.
That's how the shit started.
The only way you can fuck with me, is in a orgy.

Dominator

• 'G'
i remember everything about my very first hip hop experience.

i was in 3rd Grade.. which makes it .. shit .. 1989.. my brother bought a tape home from school.. (he's 5 years older than me).. we shared a bedroom back then.. anyway.. he comes home from school all excited... shuts the door.. and i'm asking him "..what are you doing?.."

he just goes "..shhh... listen to this.."

presses play.. and i was introduced to The Iceberg..

"...think we got knives and guns ? we got bombscares..."

that's the first line of hip hop i ever heard..

after we listened to that whole tape, he put on Straight outta compton.. i'd never heard anything like it..

and being in australia.. and 8 years old.. nobody around me (except my brother and a few of his mates) knew anything about rap.. it was NOTHING like it is now..

i remember when the Chronic came out... and we had to go to a cd import shop and wait for like 2 weeks before that shit arrived..

but i've been a fan for as long as i can remember.. copped Doggystyle the day it dropped... all the NWA and Ice Cube albums as they dropped..

my biggest regret is not being old enough to go to the Ice Cube / Cypress Hill concert they had here in perth AGES ago..

my brother cliams that to be the best concert he's been at..

Public enemy also came while i was under age..

and when Snoop did a perth show.. i was fuckin' 17 .. and the bouncer wouldn't let me in.. motherfucker..

if i was born 2 months earlier, i would've got in..

*..sigh..*

ah well.. i can always dream that there'll be another big hip hop act visiting perth sometime soon...

Peace.
Dominator.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Am I the only one who started listening to Hip Hop when I was born?

Riiiiiiite......

ummm, I dunno how I got into it......I guess my brother & Older Cuzzins and shit......Back 1st or 2nd grade......

I got into flowing & makin beats in 7th grade I remember......Wit my old groups, lmao, stupid shit......Then I got down with my cuzzin's Sand Nagga crew......Long Story short, I got into hella fights with them fools......

Now it's on, I'm in da game doin it finally......Bout to grow & make some gigantic shit happen soon......Stay tuned.......

yea......and we bustin capz in all 'em bloodz Persian style niggaz...All them foos gunna pay once I C-walk on they ass Frisco style, cuz Frisco is gaaannnngstaaaaa cuzzin, yeaaa......

Quakaveli

STARTED LISTENING TO HIP HOP REGULARELY IN LIKE 93, I WAS TEN AND MY OLDER CUZINS INTRODUCED ME TO EAZY, SNOOP, DRE, AND PAC.

<----------------------

I thought they were black...wassup with these browns and white boys I see???  ;D

Quakaveli

Am I the only one who started listening to Hip Hop when I was born?

Riiiiiiite......

ummm, I dunno how I got into it......I guess my brother & Older Cuzzins and shit......Back 1st or 2nd grade......

I got into flowing & makin beats in 7th grade I remember......Wit my old groups, lmao, stupid shit......Then I got down with my cuzzin's Sand Nagga crew......Long Story short, I got into hella fights with them fools......

Now it's on, I'm in da game doin it finally......Bout to grow & make some gigantic shit happen soon......Stay tuned.......

yea......and we bustin capz in all 'em bloodz Persian style niggaz...All them foos gunna pay once I C-walk on they ass Frisco style, cuz Frisco is gaaannnngstaaaaa cuzzin, yeaaa......

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Desoto Loco

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • D.P.G. 4 Life! Y.A. Or Nuthin'!
Well I started to listen to rap music at the end of 1993, when I was checkin out tha Whats My Name video from Snoop Doggy Dogg on the MTV European Top 20 Countdown. Since I have seen this, I'm listenin to rap music till now. Bought the doggystyle album on tape early in 1994 and then I bought Dr. Dre The Chronic later that year on CD, my first Rap CD, shit.  ;D

Dj Eskimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • <iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/insertgamer
just flicking through the channels one day and found Tupac - Toss It Up think the first hip hop album i copped was B.I.G cos my cousin brought it for me.

<iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/insertgamertaghere.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204"></iframe>
http://www.myspace.com