Author Topic: Snoop Dogg On Iggy Azalea & Macklemore: "They Got Soul"  (Read 169 times)

CORREA

Snoop Dogg On Iggy Azalea & Macklemore: "They Got Soul"
« on: May 08, 2015, 06:02:38 PM »
 "They’re inspired by Hip Hop," Snoop says.

Ahead of the release of his thirteenth studio album, Bush, Snoop Dogg spoke to The New York Times about the album's sound, suburban Hip Hop, and more.

When asked why he chose to sing more than rap on this album, Snoop says, "There’s a void for that style of music."

"I think if rap never came out, I’d have been a R&B singer," he says. "I would have been like Rick James, though an edgy renegade."

Snoop's last studio album, Reincarnated, was released two years ago. The one before it, Doggumentary, was released two years before Reincarnated. Instead of churning out records each year, Snoop says it's all about finding the right sound.

"That’s what stops me from making records," he admits. "Otherwise, I’d make one every year."

Last year, Snoop briefly feuded with Iggy Azalea over social media. The two eventually settled their differences after T.I. intervened. When asked about Iggy, Macklemore and the suburban streak in Hip Hop, Snoop explains that "Rap is supposed to grow."

"One thing about Iggy and Macklemore: They got soul," he says. "They’re inspired by Hip Hop. I don’t care how you’re gonna take it to your people and flip it and dip it and serve it."