Author Topic: The Problem with 90% of you...  (Read 337 times)

Woodrow

The Problem with 90% of you...
« on: April 10, 2003, 12:48:10 AM »
The funniest thing in all this is to see all these staunch, doom and gloom, anti-this-war types out there who are now spinning all over themselves trying to point out how negative things still are.

They can't just admit that we just witnessed an absolutely BRILLIANT military campaign that was extremely light on coalition and civilian casualties.

We just took over a country with one of the largest militaries in the world(not in a great operational state, but still...) and did it with lightening speed, and a touch so light that most infrastructure is still completely intact and there were less civilian deaths from our war(1,200 as of yesterday by ABU DHABI'S - a nutcase "Information Minister is correct" Arab news network, so even that estimate is probably high) than were happening anyway simply from people living in that regime and living under sanctions(which now won't be in effect, obviously) - less deaths by FAR.

Those same groups that were reporting 60,000 deaths a year just from sanctions in Iraq... JUST FROM SACTIONS - not to mention the tens of thousand that died yearly at the hands of Saddaam and his Baath thugs... But those same groups that were bandying about those numbers are biatching about this war and civilian deaths - even though they are FAR FAR FAR lower than they would have been just leaving things alone.

We saved thousands upon thousands of lives doing this.

The people are celebrating in jubilation (the vast majority, that is - you have idiots in any population, just look out our "neverland" anti-war types here). But not a one of you morons can just admit that it is a wonderful day, and George Bush and his team have done nothing short of an incredible job with this whole action... Pathetic partisanship to the very core is all you have to offer in response.

But this IS the same group who didn't SAY A WORD when Clinton went around the UN and bombed the hell out of Kosovo to remove a tyrant who had killed far less than Saddaam but hadn't done any of the other horrible things, including violating international law for 12 years...

And now they're spinning their way into further embarassment, moving on to any little thing they can come up with...

Well guess what? YOU GUYS WERE WRONG WRONG WRONG before. Go back and read the anti-war posts in the train of thought before and at the start of the war - listen to all the doom and gloom predictions that didn't come to pass. Listen to them bash the Administration and Fox News, even though now we see what those two entities were saying was right all along, listen to them talk about how "bogged down" and "screwed" we were, listen to them compare things to Vietnam, listen to them speak of terrorist attacks assailing our shores the minute we struck Iraq(three weeks guys - nothing...), listen to them speak of "fortress Baghdad", listen to them predict TENS OF THOUSANDS of civilian deaths, listen to them talk about the months and months this war would take, listen to them, basically, be wrong about every single thing they've said pertaining this action...

Listen to all that, and realize that it is not the first time. This bunch has simply been WRONG about everything for decades. This is the same bunch that said Reagan would start World War III by calling the Soviet Union the "Evil Empire" and building up our defense, and modernizing weapons in Europe - instead, Reagan was the driving force to ending the cold war and the grip of communism on most of the whole world. The end of Reagan's era did not see the end the world for America or anyone else, but it did see the end of America's chief enemy, and the emergence of the United States as the world's only superpower - nice call again, guys.

This same group has predicted catastrophe in North Korea, but again, our show of force is causing China to take care of that problem, as is seen in their recent actions - not words, but ACTIONS. As one Chinese government scholar recently said "The US has proven it is not a paper tiger, it is a real tiger, and we cannot afford to let it bare its fangs in Asia"(paraphrased).

This group has called literally everything wrong in this period and forever before that(remember when "welfare reform would cause a national crisis" but instead it tremendously patched up a broken system, remember when "Republicans would starve children" but school lunch programs actually INCREASED in their funding?).

And now they're barking about Weapons of Mass destruction - listen guys, you don't worry about looking to hard for things like that when people are shooting at you.When the war ends, we can go around and look for the hidden stashes, interview the scientists for the first time without them being in fear for their lives or the lives of their families, get into those underground bunkers, etc.

Not to mention the fact that the NPR report concerning the missles capped with mustard gas and other agents has still not been conclusively tested...

At any rate, these things will be found, and for the hundred thousandth millionth time, you will be wrong. I'm glad you're used to it.

As for now, I'll sit back and watch you guys spin away - you all sound just like the Iraqi Information Minister. Hope it feels good to be so partisan that you can't feel the joy of the liberation of MILLIONS of oppressed people, the release of children from prisons, and the end of torture chambers that had nearly flooded themselves with innocent blood...

Hope it feels good that you're feeling anguish and embarassment at the failure of your partisan positions now instead of the joy you should be feeling - joy welling up in you when you look at the faces of those people, finally coming out of a literal nightmare and tasting freedom in their hearts for the first time in their lives...

How many of you actualy feel that joy, even if you were wrong before? From the way you post, it seems that if many of you really step back and look into your hearts, all you'll see is the backpeddling instinct and the deep frustration at "Dubya's" political victory. And that should give you shame on this day of liberation.

Hope it feels good, guys...

.:DayGoStyLz:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
Re:The Problem with 90% of you...
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2003, 02:59:38 AM »
i dont recall being wrong on anything yet. I stated opinions, that i stand by. My opinion isnt wrong. Its an opinion. U are blinded by yur uhh..."patriotism". Which can be a dangerous thing. Nazi's were blinded by "patriotism" at one point. Quit being a sheep man. Think outside the box...for ONCE. i know its hard, it takes a more well rounded mind to actually try to see things from anothers point of view...but damn, give it a shot man. America isnt the worst at everything. And guess what? We're not the best either *news flash!*. U, and some other robots on here...see nothing other then your own personal experience with this country. And assume, that the world should revolve around yur opinion of what this country is or stands for. Ive never said that everything we do is wrong, but...nothing gets solved by simply patting ourselves on the back on every occassion we get. U have to question decisions, and policies...if u ever want them to improve. What you do, is just go with the flow. Easy. Its easy to congradulate yurself. Perhaps something lacks in your life, and your insecurities can be covered up by yur country doing well in war. U have something to be proud of now. Yah, our military destroyed theres. If thats a GREAT accomplishment..then fine. I dont think it is really, this wasnt a war with China...it was Iraq. But like i said, not everything is the way u see it. Expand yur mind a lil bit homie..

Woodrow

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2003, 03:38:18 AM »
i dont recall being wrong on anything yet. I stated opinions, that i stand by. My opinion isnt wrong. Its an opinion. U are blinded by yur uhh..."patriotism". Which can be a dangerous thing. Nazi's were blinded by "patriotism" at one point. Quit being a sheep man. Think outside the box...for ONCE. i know its hard, it takes a more well rounded mind to actually try to see things from anothers point of view...but damn, give it a shot man. America isnt the worst at everything. And guess what? We're not the best either *news flash!*. U, and some other robots on here...see nothing other then your own personal experience with this country. And assume, that the world should revolve around yur opinion of what this country is or stands for. Ive never said that everything we do is wrong, but...nothing gets solved by simply patting ourselves on the back on every occassion we get. U have to question decisions, and policies...if u ever want them to improve. What you do, is just go with the flow. Easy. Its easy to congradulate yurself. Perhaps something lacks in your life, and your insecurities can be covered up by yur country doing well in war. U have something to be proud of now. Yah, our military destroyed theres. If thats a GREAT accomplishment..then fine. I dont think it is really, this wasnt a war with China...it was Iraq. But like i said, not everything is the way u see it. Expand yur mind a lil bit homie..

Why is it when somebody is patriotic that they are automatically "blinded"? I've seen both sides of the Iraq debate. I've studied both in detail. It's clear in my mind which side I want to support. When I see lies, half-truths, and poorly constructed arguments coming from anti-war sector, it's a tad angering. It's like trying to explain the nuances of Snoop Dogg to an elderly Alzheimer’s patient. How are we supposed to have a constructive debate when you think the war's about: "Taking oil and making Iraq a 51st state"? You really should look deeper than the catchy signs the anti-war protestors carry.

It's funny to me that your only defense is to come at me saying that I'm a "Sheep".  Then you claim I don't have a "Well rounded mind" I'm graduating from college in 3 months. I'll move on to Law school in a year. I'd say my mind is fairly "well rounded". To equate me with a "robot" is laughable. I was brought up dirt poor. I worked hard and put myself through college. I'm doing very well for myself. I've seen both sides of the spectrum regarding monetary issues. If using your abilities to make something for yourself and having the freedom to be judged on what you have to offer, not what others need, isn't what America stands for, I guess I've believed in a lie.

Why shouldn't you pat yourself on the back when you do something good? It's the self-hatred that I see that makes me so angry. To quote Hi-c: "How the fuck you gonna love me if you don't love yourself?" Like you said earlier, America isn't the best at everything, but we aren't the worst at everything either. If you really believe that, how come I only see negative posts regarding America coming from you?

Has it ever occurred to you that I'm not "Going with the flow" but that I agree with what's going on after researching both sides of the debate? If anything, it appears to me that you're going with the flow of the anti-war protestors because it's the "Cool" thing to do.

Finally, it's funny to me that you think something "lacks" in my life just because you have different views than me. You don't see me coming at you calling you a fake ass gang banger just because I disagree with you. When you move away from the topic at hand and resort to personal insults, it makes your argument look weak. Perhaps it makes you feel more comfortable in some way, but it's just bad form.

Do us both a favor and "Expand yur mind a lil bit"

.:DayGoStyLz:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2003, 05:18:03 AM »

Why is it when somebody is patriotic that they are automatically "blinded"? I've seen both sides of the Iraq debate. I've studied both in detail. It's clear in my mind which side I want to support. When I see lies, half-truths, and poorly constructed arguments coming from anti-war sector, it's a tad angering. It's like trying to explain the nuances of Snoop Dogg to an elderly Alzheimer’s patient. How are we supposed to have a constructive debate when you think the war's about: "Taking oil and making Iraq a 51st state"? You really should look deeper than the catchy signs the anti-war protestors carry.

It's funny to me that your only defense is to come at me saying that I'm a "Sheep".  Then you claim I don't have a "Well rounded mind" I'm graduating from college in 3 months. I'll move on to Law school in a year. I'd say my mind is fairly "well rounded". To equate me with a "robot" is laughable. I was brought up dirt poor. I worked hard and put myself through college. I'm doing very well for myself. I've seen both sides of the spectrum regarding monetary issues. If using your abilities to make something for yourself and having the freedom to be judged on what you have to offer, not what others need, isn't what America stands for, I guess I've believed in a lie.

Why shouldn't you pat yourself on the back when you do something good? It's the self-hatred that I see that makes me so angry. To quote Hi-c: "How the fuck you gonna love me if you don't love yourself?" Like you said earlier, America isn't the best at everything, but we aren't the worst at everything either. If you really believe that, how come I only see negative posts regarding America coming from you?

Has it ever occurred to you that I'm not "Going with the flow" but that I agree with what's going on after researching both sides of the debate? If anything, it appears to me that you're going with the flow of the anti-war protestors because it's the "Cool" thing to do.

Finally, it's funny to me that you think something "lacks" in my life just because you have different views than me. You don't see me coming at you calling you a fake ass gang banger just because I disagree with you. When you move away from the topic at hand and resort to personal insults, it makes your argument look weak. Perhaps it makes you feel more comfortable in some way, but it's just bad form.

Do us both a favor and "Expand yur mind a lil bit"

First off, college and other forms of structured "education" isnt exactly expanding your mind. Its expanding your brain. Two different things in my opinion. College teaches you things to know, not necessarily HOW to think. If that makes sense to you. As far as looking deeply into this issue, the reason i call you...and many others on here "blind"...is because every single opinion ive heard come out of yall, has been the direct opinion of US media. Its as if you guys are all too scared to admit that not everything America is doing, is good. OBVIOUSLY its not. Sorry to break to you, our country isnt perfect. You say this war isnt about oil...lol. That doesnt require much of a response. Apparently you just feel that the US government has that much of an..."affair" with the Iraqi people, that we chose THEM...as the lucky people we decide to liberate. lol.

Your whole, "im in college...im going to law school...im so great..i was raised poor...bullshit bullshit..." has nothing to do with anything. So it was pretty unnecessary to bring up. But thanks for letting us in on your personal life, id pat u on the back...but like u said, youre already doing that for yourself. As for my negative posts about America, i have the right to...im American, why not question what the country does? Going along with EVERYTHING Bush, or our government does or says (like sum people on here...), means you think the country is perfect. LOL! Maybe for you its great, for many it isnt. Which goes back to the whole "well rounded mind" thing. Youre not the center of the universe. Sorry.

As for the "something lacking", that is just sumthing i have noticed through observing people who are unbelievably over-patriotic. They feel the need to cling to something, "pride" in their country...is easy. Maybe thats you, maybe that isnt. Oh well.

If you havent seen me defend America ever, go back a few pages on this forum. It all depends on the issue. If i dont agree with tha government on something, im gonna make it known. If i dont agree on an attack on America or Americans...ill let it be known as well. As of late, i havent seen many threads where i agreed with the "America's #1" posters.

And last, as for me bein a fake ass gang banger...u really no shit. It makes me sick that your ass puts up a pick of Quik in yur sig, u should take that shit down and take after CWalker with tha Bush pics.

We dont gotta agree on this shit, it really dont matter. I know, that i can be right...or wrong on any issue. I give mah opinion regardless. Im open to what anyone has to say, and understand that their side is as valid as mine. Can you do tha same?

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2003, 01:32:23 PM »
The funniest thing in all this is to see all these staunch, doom and gloom, anti-this-war types out there who are now spinning all over themselves trying to point out how negative things still are.

They can't just admit that we just witnessed an absolutely BRILLIANT military campaign that was extremely light on coalition and civilian casualties.

We just took over a country with one of the largest militaries in the world(not in a great operational state, but still...) and did it with lightening speed, and a touch so light that most infrastructure is still completely intact and there were less civilian deaths from our war(1,200 as of yesterday by ABU DHABI'S - a nutcase "Information Minister is correct" Arab news network, so even that estimate is probably high) than were happening anyway simply from people living in that regime and living under sanctions(which now won't be in effect, obviously) - less deaths by FAR.

Those same groups that were reporting 60,000 deaths a year just from sanctions in Iraq... JUST FROM SACTIONS - not to mention the tens of thousand that died yearly at the hands of Saddaam and his Baath thugs... But those same groups that were bandying about those numbers are biatching about this war and civilian deaths - even though they are FAR FAR FAR lower than they would have been just leaving things alone.

We saved thousands upon thousands of lives doing this.

The people are celebrating in jubilation (the vast majority, that is - you have idiots in any population, just look out our "neverland" anti-war types here). But not a one of you morons can just admit that it is a wonderful day, and George Bush and his team have done nothing short of an incredible job with this whole action... Pathetic partisanship to the very core is all you have to offer in response.

But this IS the same group who didn't SAY A WORD when Clinton went around the UN and bombed the hell out of Kosovo to remove a tyrant who had killed far less than Saddaam but hadn't done any of the other horrible things, including violating international law for 12 years...

And now they're spinning their way into further embarassment, moving on to any little thing they can come up with...

Well guess what? YOU GUYS WERE WRONG WRONG WRONG before. Go back and read the anti-war posts in the train of thought before and at the start of the war - listen to all the doom and gloom predictions that didn't come to pass. Listen to them bash the Administration and Fox News, even though now we see what those two entities were saying was right all along, listen to them talk about how "bogged down" and "screwed" we were, listen to them compare things to Vietnam, listen to them speak of terrorist attacks assailing our shores the minute we struck Iraq(three weeks guys - nothing...), listen to them speak of "fortress Baghdad", listen to them predict TENS OF THOUSANDS of civilian deaths, listen to them talk about the months and months this war would take, listen to them, basically, be wrong about every single thing they've said pertaining this action...

Listen to all that, and realize that it is not the first time. This bunch has simply been WRONG about everything for decades. This is the same bunch that said Reagan would start World War III by calling the Soviet Union the "Evil Empire" and building up our defense, and modernizing weapons in Europe - instead, Reagan was the driving force to ending the cold war and the grip of communism on most of the whole world. The end of Reagan's era did not see the end the world for America or anyone else, but it did see the end of America's chief enemy, and the emergence of the United States as the world's only superpower - nice call again, guys.

This same group has predicted catastrophe in North Korea, but again, our show of force is causing China to take care of that problem, as is seen in their recent actions - not words, but ACTIONS. As one Chinese government scholar recently said "The US has proven it is not a paper tiger, it is a real tiger, and we cannot afford to let it bare its fangs in Asia"(paraphrased).

This group has called literally everything wrong in this period and forever before that(remember when "welfare reform would cause a national crisis" but instead it tremendously patched up a broken system, remember when "Republicans would starve children" but school lunch programs actually INCREASED in their funding?).

And now they're barking about Weapons of Mass destruction - listen guys, you don't worry about looking to hard for things like that when people are shooting at you.When the war ends, we can go around and look for the hidden stashes, interview the scientists for the first time without them being in fear for their lives or the lives of their families, get into those underground bunkers, etc.

Not to mention the fact that the NPR report concerning the missles capped with mustard gas and other agents has still not been conclusively tested...

At any rate, these things will be found, and for the hundred thousandth millionth time, you will be wrong. I'm glad you're used to it.

As for now, I'll sit back and watch you guys spin away - you all sound just like the Iraqi Information Minister. Hope it feels good to be so partisan that you can't feel the joy of the liberation of MILLIONS of oppressed people, the release of children from prisons, and the end of torture chambers that had nearly flooded themselves with innocent blood...

Hope it feels good that you're feeling anguish and embarassment at the failure of your partisan positions now instead of the joy you should be feeling - joy welling up in you when you look at the faces of those people, finally coming out of a literal nightmare and tasting freedom in their hearts for the first time in their lives...

How many of you actualy feel that joy, even if you were wrong before? From the way you post, it seems that if many of you really step back and look into your hearts, all you'll see is the backpeddling instinct and the deep frustration at "Dubya's" political victory. And that should give you shame on this day of liberation.

Hope it feels good, guys...

Hope Im not one of those 90%

1. Did I think this little civilians would have been killed?  Nah, I personally expected thousands dead, but I knew all along that the entire operation shouldnt have taken more than 2 weeks.My estimate for casualties was so high, because I expected America to rain Iraq will heavy bombardement and take Iraq quickly. So I admit now I under estimated the US military.

2. Even though as a Muslim I thoroughly sympathized with the Kosovar Albanians, I always felt that the attack was illegal and shouldve have been condemned.

3. Never doubted jubilation of Iraqi people after Saddams done. I was there, Ive lived there, the people fuckin hate him.

4. One thing, I believe you're under estimating however, is what will happen in post war Iraq. The Americans will clamp down hard and make sure Chalabi and the Iraqi National Congress take power. But the Kurds  have been the ones fighting Saddams troops for years, they want a slice of the pie. You got 10,000 Badr shiite militias who are the extreme voice of the Shiite oppressed. Im not intentionally trying to be pessimistic, I knew the Americans would win the war, but i was always more concerned for stability afterwards.

Btw, the fact that much of Iraqs civilians infrastructure seems to be relatively intact, this will aid the American rebuilding efforts.

5. Please dont paint all anti war peeps with the same pro-Saddam, pro-Oppression of kids paintbrush. Seems extremely ridicolous when you do it.
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Kaidy

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2003, 02:24:42 PM »
I don't even think this deserves a response. Engel you've just been guilty of everything you criticize anti-war people of being. You called us morons (showing no respect for the other side) and your whole post was incredibly partisan. You never respect any anti-war posts, even when they're backed up, like mine usually are, by real facts (which you dismiss as 'spin' or some other defamatory description).

You're quick to generalize all anti-war people in the same ilk, but you don't know about any of us. Personally, I'm happy as fuck the Iraqis are free (its possible they could have been so years ago but the peoples oppostion were crippled by sanctions, read about that).

I don't call all warhawks brainwashed. I think unlike most you yourself have a world-view, but it seems to me you ignore certain, important facts that offend your belief in your leaders, and your view is clouded by optimistic patriotism. Do you really think we make this stuff up to make Bush look bad? I try to always use FACTS in my posts to back up what I'm saying.

You seem to think we all wanted Bush to lose this war? Wrong again, it was always obvious to us they would win, no point opposing an obvious outcome. The Iraq army was useless.

I think the bombing of Kosovo was wrong, and a planned timely action (taking attention off of Clinton's personal issues). However there was a crisis going AT THAT TIME (not ten years preceding) where people were being killed in mass numbers and removed from their homes. I don't remember entirely but the UN showed far more support for Kosovo. And you tried to downplay Milosevic against Hussein? Wrong again, they were both evil tyrants very similar to each other.

But whatever man, I guess to you I'm just a hippy lowlife with no idea whats going on in the world. This whole post has been 'Wrong Wrong Wrong' and everything President Bush does is Right Right Right. Now let's have some lemonade and look at how beautiful the sunshine is.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2003, 04:07:41 PM »
The Problem with 90% of you = you are close-minded Muslims...PeACe

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2003, 05:54:48 AM »
The problem with NIK = You're a dumb fucking schmuck...PeAcE
« Last Edit: April 11, 2003, 05:55:29 AM by Jab »

Trauma-san

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2003, 10:06:32 AM »
I agree Engel, but they're problem is they have no shame, they don't CARE if they were wrong, they still stick to their guns.  It's pretty disgusting.  

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2003, 10:49:05 AM »
I agree Engel, but they're problem is they have no shame, they don't CARE if they were wrong, they still stick to their guns.  It's pretty disgusting.  

Thats 4 straight posts where you make an idiot out of yourself. Wanna make it 5?
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2003, 03:54:05 PM »
The problem with NIK = You're a dumb fucking schmuck...PeAcE

The problem with JAB = He needs a dentist...PeACe

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2003, 10:51:14 AM »
^ problem with that joke = it wasnt funny.

- Lewis Carroll

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2003, 04:25:36 PM »
Another problem is that it wasn't a joke...

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2003, 04:33:35 PM »
Another problem is, you're a dumb fucking heeb

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2003, 04:43:52 PM »
Another problem is, you're a dumb fucking heeb

Yes!! I've graduated from a dumb schmuck to a dumb heeb!! I'm so proud of myself...Now go use dental floss...PeACe