Author Topic: YOUR NBA MOUNT RUSHMORE  (Read 4945 times)

Hack Wilson - real

Re: YOUR NBA MOUNT RUSHMORE
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2015, 10:38:52 AM »
who gives a fuck about repeating??  if you win 5 titles does it really matter if none were back to back?  hell no.

and calling duncan and russell system players just proves my point at how stupid this discussion is, especially with Laker stans in it  :laugh:

3 lakers and no celtics on a mt rushmore? hahahaha that's a joke son.

Sccit

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2015, 11:02:09 AM »
who gives a fuck about repeating??  if you win 5 titles does it really matter if none were back to back?  hell no.

and calling duncan and russell system players just proves my point at how stupid this discussion is, especially with Laker stans in it  :laugh:

def factors into how great you are...like i said, every1 knows the 2nd of a back-to-back is tougher than the 1st. duncan aint got what it takes to do it. simple science.

russell was the 5th leading player on a championship team

duncan averaged under 30 minutes on a championship team

again....system players (ESPECIALLY IN COMPARISON TO THE PLAYERS THEYRE NEXT TO)

and realistically, i coulda had all lakers...thats how great our franchise is. replace mj with wilt and it's still a much more valid list than yours...but wilt didnt repeat, so i put mj.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2015, 11:13:40 AM »

def factors into how great you are...like i said, every1 knows the 2nd of a back-to-back is tougher than the 1st. duncan aint got what it takes to do it. simple science.

russell was the 5th leading player on a championship team

duncan averaged under 30 minutes on a championship team

again....system players (ESPECIALLY IN COMPARISON TO THE PLAYERS THEYRE NEXT TO)

and realistically, i coulda had all lakers...thats how great our franchise is. replace mj with wilt and it's still a much more valid list than yours...but wilt didnt repeat, so i put mj.

I want to be fair to Russell, he also was the BEST player in an NBA championship team, his best year being the 1960 Celtics. He may not have led in scoring, but he also had 24rpg and was the second leading scorer during the playoffs. He also was a player/coach later in his career, meaning he may have been a system player, but he was leading the system. His basketball IQ was second to none in NBA history, as only Magic ever came close. So that's my defense of Bill Russell. He may have been a system player later in his career, but he was leading the system.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2015, 11:37:25 AM »
lol  nik thinks mt rushmore is a mt stanmore

Jordan, Bird, Magic and Russell is the most logical "mt rushmore" but it's retarded because basketball has 5 players on the floor at a time, it's not a 4 player sport.

and Bill Russell won all thoe MVP's for a reason   ::)

Sccit

« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2015, 01:10:08 PM »
lol  nik thinks mt rushmore is a mt stanmore

Jordan, Bird, Magic and Russell is the most logical "mt rushmore" but it's retarded because basketball has 5 players on the floor at a time, it's not a 4 player sport.

and Bill Russell won all thoe MVP's for a reason   ::)

lmao@bird over kareem being logical. slap yaself.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2015, 07:49:33 PM »
I'd agree with Sccit, Kareem is more logical over Bird. As I put down, the only reason I put Mikan was he was the first superstar. So I put him in that Washington spot as first president. But Kareem was the best college player in history, and one of the best big men ever. Even later in his career, he was out performing centers like Is Hakeem. If you go by pure skill, then Kareem is in Mt. Rushmore. But I just wanted to stay true to the spirit of monument and highlight that first spot. Washington was not the greatest president, and if I was to redo the real Mt. Rushmore, I'd have Lincoln, FDR, Jefferson and Teddy. Basically replacing Washington with FDR. So with that, that's the only reason I left out Kareem, because Michael had marketing and modernizing the game, Magic was the ultimate team player and Russell has all the rings. And Kareem is the greatest big man to ever play the game and greatest college basketball player of all time.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2015, 08:00:20 PM »
you can't have TWO centers on a Mt. Rushmore

you could make the Mt Rushmore Russell, Wilt, Kareem and Michael Jordan though  - i could get down with that  8)

Sccit

« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2015, 08:13:14 PM »
you can't have TWO centers on a Mt. Rushmore

u had bill russell and tim duncan..almost identical as players, both pf/c

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2015, 08:31:33 PM »
who cares?

a list of 4 in a discussion of a 5 player sport is dumb.

Sccit

« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2015, 08:33:13 PM »
THEN U ARE DUMB FOR MAKING A LIST AND ALSO UR FATHER IS A HANDICAP TRANSEXUAL DINOSAUR WITH ANAL CANCER

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2015, 08:37:21 PM »
Dubcc needs smilie faces like Da Sauce or Da Coli

;D

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2015, 10:11:19 AM »
who gives a fuck about repeating??

When you gonna realize all his criteria is just based off of what Kobe already accomplished? Lol.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2015, 10:23:04 AM »

When you gonna realize all his criteria is just based off of what Kobe already accomplished? Lol.

true.

if Duncan won 5 rings the same way Kobe did Sccit Bayless would be telling us "It's because the teams he had those years were great" and that it's a true measurement of greatness to win 5 rings but not have a good enough team to do it back to back  :laugh:

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2015, 10:24:42 AM »

But that's everyone's criteria, not just basing it off Kobe but basing it off your favorite player. If you like Montana, then you are like, "don't talk to me until your QB wins 4 Super Bowls. Or if you like Kareem in basketball, "don't talk to me until your favorite basketball player gets 6 MVP awards with 6 NBA titles." It's just what fans do to turn the argument to their favor.

If I was as big of a Magic Johnson stan, I'd have lots of arguments for being the best assist person in the game. Like scoring, so in Magic's case he only averaged 19ppg, but he also had 11apg. So if you say every assist counted for 2 points, Magic was involved with 22ppg, and you add that to 19ppg and you have 41ppg. Jordan on the flip side, he had 30ppg, but only 5apg. So if you have those 5 count as 10ppg, Jordan was involved with 40ppg. On top of that, Jordan had 6rpg, Magic had 7rpg, and Magic shot 52% and Jordan shot 49%. And with that, I just made a case based off my favorite players strength as to why he's better than Michael Jordan.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2015, 10:31:20 AM »
It's pretty stupid to always bring up your own criteria and then have 18 holes that work against your own argument lol.

That's why more and more of his posts are truly Bayless/trolling like because he just can't defend himself anymore.