Author Topic: Jail Rate for Young Blacks Hits All-Time High  (Read 471 times)

Damon X from ATL

• 'G'
  • The Black Man is God (Divine Asiatic God Allah)
Re:Jail Rate for Young Blacks Hits All-Time High
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2003, 04:07:12 PM »
As well as the obvious sociological aspects of poverty leading to crime, another point is that richer (often white) people who commit big crimes, white collar-crimes that have terrible lasting effects, aren't chased and prosecuted like poor criminals plus they can get better representation and make better deals. So don't think its only poor Black guys commiting crimes, they're just the ones who can't beat an unfair system.

Damn Loc, wish there were more Caucasians like you who can see reality, without blinders.
Actually this post was to show even though you can't blame the white man (ie. Society in general) for EVERY little thing, however, laws, ideals, etc. that were made by and to benefit Caucasians usually to the detriment of those so-called minorities.
Now, I have grown up in utter poverty and thanks to a good education I went one or two tax brackets higher, then those still livin' in the PJ's. But I know regardless to the kind of education, I have with the effects of some big businesses and industries going under, even a college degree, doesn't warrant a decent life-style and I'm just a few paychecks from being back in the projects.
But again, this shows that when you are given an inferior education and environment just because of your skin color and the natural human and civil rights that were stripped away due to our skin color, by the ones who stole and benefitted from our labor, then of course other activities will happen.

Like with the whole Contra scandal, Amerikkka benefited and was "victorious" in that so-called War, with the help of drugs sells (particularly in California) that the U.S. government siphoned into the inner-cities. So yea, if fools get caught for sellin' or trafficking, they need to do time, but what happens to the the "hidden hands"? It's amazing now with all the added National security, it's hard as fuck to smuggle in anything, but hmmmm. drugs, guns, etc. are still being entered US "air and landspace."
White-collar crime (Oh shit, I said white, I guess I'm a racist for using that term  ::)) always suffer from a slap on the wrist, while petty crimes get the maximum.
I've read about fools making loot of insider trading (talking about hundreds of millions), getting caught paying 5 mill in fines, doing a year, and one dude is now a Professor of Economics at a University in NYC (I'll try to find out what his name is and pass it along). Oh and did I mention that he still was able to keep the money he made illegally? But a brother who gets caught with a joint and a pistol will do at least 3 years, or life if this is his/her 3rd strike.

So yea, again I guess 15 year old White children like Everlast, wouldn't know info like this especially if he was/is brought up ina household of family who are just as ignorant. I guess all those "gangster rap CD's" he's been listening to, he really hasn't been listening to the lyrics, but he wants to be down with the "homies for rizzle" he just is a follower.

For every Master P and Russell Simmons there are thousands of poor/homeless people. Remember, everyone just can't be rich and well off, study economics and due to White World Supremacy being the dominant thought process in this country and most non-3rd world countries, many are just bound to fail. Ever why the call the ghettoes, the "projects"? What experiment is going on? ;)
www.abvdlaw.com
Official Website of Above The Law

Sub-Z

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2003, 04:29:45 PM »
lmao

you really have no idea

i never denied that growing up a certain way would influence your actions,i just said it doesnt matter what your reasons,if you commit the crime you better be ready to pay the consequences

and whats up with you focusing on my age?does me being younger than you automatically make my valid point wrong?

or do you just think that people with less money than others should be able to get away with anything and everything? give me a break.....

and who am i following buy buying rap cds? i sure dont do it to make friends,or to get in good with black people......could it possibly be that i like the music? ohhhhh no couldnt be.....or could it?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2003, 04:31:47 PM by Whitey Ford Grinch Neah »

Trauma-san

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2003, 10:12:00 AM »
this isnt about black in that case,its more about poor people as a whole

Exxxxxactly.  Simple fact is, not having enough money to get out of trouble and all that effects white people too.  There are ma y, many, MANY poor white people in america, in rural areas.  There are more black people that are poor in urban areas, and there's a higher crime rate in urban areas.  It just so happens that this statistic exists, it has nothing to do with oppression, it just is what it is.  28% of black men end up in jail.  

westcoastcavalier

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2003, 12:09:29 PM »
What a great way to ease off the issue by just grouping Blacks with everyone who is poor (regardless of ethnic makeup). IN OTHER WORDS, A COP-OUT.

Damon X and myself have been the only ones on here with actual numbers and stats. I think before some of you start spewing information that doesn't have the legs to stand on, you should have numbers (NOT OPINIONS) to back your argument.

THIS MAY NOT BE RACIST BUT STEREOTYPICAL COMING FROM TRAUMA WAYNE, but is it a fact that whites make up the rural sector and Blacks make up the urban sector of this country? Provide numbers, but even with what you said, it still is puzzling that out of every BLACK MALE IN THE US, 28% of them are already targeted to be in Prison. That's a government based outlook and maybe the various threads that a few people have made are just to difficult for many of you to understand, or since it doesn't affect the majority (Whites), they could care less and show allegiance to a Supreme Court-Appointed President who doesn't have the leadership skills to run a "mediocre" base-ball team.  ::)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2003, 02:05:04 PM »
just one stat for everyone

In California, 70% of drug users before the rehab law pasted were white people. 90% of people in jail for using drugs were either Hispanic or Black. Any questions.

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2003, 05:56:25 PM »
just one stat for everyone

In California, 70% of drug users before the rehab law pasted were white people. 90% of people in jail for using drugs were either Hispanic or Black. Any questions.

LOL, dats very interesting......

And Whitey Ford.....Dawg, Please, U have no idea.....I gotta take U 2 a field trip 1 day & show U tha real world.....

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

Sub-Z

« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2003, 07:15:38 PM »
i heave no idea?

i have agreed with everyone here about where you grow up has an affect on what you do,so that is one reason that blacks will end up in jail more than others,and yes there are crooked cops that will lie just because they are black,but you dont think there are black cops that do the same?

so this all boils down to where your from and how much money you have not race for the most part

i will go as far as saying that some people here are just using this as an excuse to commit crime sor somethin

spare me this you have no idea shit cause i know just as much as you,youre just mad because im tellin you that not all of those minorities put in jail were put there because of their race,because most of em probably did do something to deserve to be in jail and if you dont believe that then you must be blind

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2003, 07:35:08 PM »
Does racial profiling ring any bells. Actually legal to judge someone because of racial steriotype. You know, blacks are drug dealers, Mexicans are supplying, Middle Easterns hold weapons, you know. hit that racies are known for.

Sub-Z

« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2003, 08:51:17 PM »
that does happen but everyone is trying to make it out to be like 95% of all the minorities put in jail were put there because of reacial stereotypes n shit lol