Author Topic: What is LeBron's Legacy  (Read 1458 times)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
What is LeBron's Legacy
« on: June 16, 2015, 10:41:56 PM »
Coming into the league, everyone was ready to crown LeBron the greatest player that ever played. People waited, and waited, and waited for him to fulfill his legacy. Now here we are, the aftermath of another LeBron defeat. Now let me get this out the way, this series, I think this series LeBron played his ass off and this I honestly don't count against him. His team suffered injures and they were badly out-manned against one of the greatest regular season teams in history. BUT, BUT, the bottom line is LeBron is 2-4 in the NBA Finals. And honestly, he shouldn't be in this position. Even losing this finals, LeBron shouldn't be 2-4 in the NBA Finals. So this is why we have to look at LeBron and where his legacy stacks up.

In 2007, the Cavs made it through a weak East with a weak team and got swept by the Spurs. This was suppose to be the start of the legacy, except Boston caught everyone off guard and got Kevin Garnett and Ray Allen to join Paul Pierce to form the Big 3 in Boston. This caused LeBron's Cavs to be greatly over matched. You could see LeBron's frustration as he ran into the Big 3 each and every year. So in 2010, after Kobe solidified his legacy by leading the Lakers past Boston's Big 3, LeBron created his own in Miami with Wade and Bosh. This is where I see LeBron's legacy totally tanked.

Had LeBron been in Miami only 4 years, but still win 4 titles, I don't think we are having this conversation. Maybe the first lost to Dallas, yet Dallas wasn't exactly full of stars. Miami hurt themselves signing their own Big 3, because unlike Boston who had a young solid supporting cast in Perkins, Big Baby and Rondo, Miami had Mario Chalmers and Joel Anthony. So Miami was lacking the same depth that Boston had, but they made up for it in that their Big 3 was in their primes. And once matched up against Boston, Miami was able to crush them 4-1, mainly because Boston traded away Perkins and didn't have a healthy center. But it didn't matter, Miami showed their Big 3 was a dominate basketball juggernaut. And at the end, they lost, and they lost because LeBron was scared in the big moment. LeBron only scored 17ppg, and was outplayed by Shawn Marion. The Heat had more players in double digit scoring, their stars showed up, but LeBron did not show up at all, and it was obvious LeBron couldn't handle the big moment.

Fast forward to 2014, the rematch against the Spurs. You see, after beating the Spurs, people loved the story of the Spurs getting revenge. My problem with that is LeBron needed to win that finals. Hey, when you look at finals rematches, like the Bulls/Jazz, or Lakers/Celtics, the greatest of the great teams win the rematch. You had already figured out your opponent, so you go out there and beat them again. And LeBron did come up big, but his team did not. But unlike the first finals for Miami, the 2014 Heat were battle tested, and they were knew how to win. But they could put it together. To me, that 2014 lost was the worst for LeBron's legacy.

This year, I really don't count it against LeBron's legacy, but as I pointed out, he should have won those two against the Texan teams. LeBron's legacy, it's a question about 2011 and 2014. How could LeBron not get the win in those. Right now, LeBron should be 4-2 instead of 2-4.

To me, I think Cleveland with a healthy Love and Irving, will win it all. I think that will solidify LeBron in that 2nd tier player, and he will win a title for Cleveland. But he can't join Magic, Jordan, Bird and Mikan. Those two failures in the finals forever harm him. 

DeeezNuuuts83

Re: What is LeBron's Legacy
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2015, 11:36:51 PM »
I don't quite get how it doesn't count against his legacy.

Just watching ESPN over the past hour, it's crazy how much they are jocking Lebron's stats when he lost another finals.  Yes, he's an excellent player.  But I want to hear about the winners more, not another reminder of how many triple-doubles Lebron had or how many 30+ point playoff games he's had in his career.

Sccit

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2015, 11:55:30 PM »
lol@that final sentence

Sccit

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2015, 11:59:24 PM »
I don't quite get how it doesn't count against his legacy.

Just watching ESPN over the past hour, it's crazy how much they are jocking Lebron's stats when he lost another finals.  Yes, he's an excellent player.  But I want to hear about the winners more, not another reminder of how many triple-doubles Lebron had or how many 30+ point playoff games he's had in his career.

and his stats are not even that great when u put them into perspective. he underperformed in 4th quarters, shot under 40% the entire series and had inflated stats mainly due to his extremely high usage rate. but he was not efficient, and even worse, he was seeing single coverage the whole time. i never wanna hear him compared to kobe again. kobe was lighting this same warrior team up for 40+ on higher efficiency just this year. imagine prime kobe vs 1-on-1 coverage... 60+ ppg average, easy.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2015, 12:20:02 PM »
Top 10 for sure, could become the GOAT if the Cavs threepeat now while he is still putting up absurd numbers and gangsta games.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2015, 12:31:40 PM »
Top 10 for sure, could become the GOAT if the Cavs threepeat now while he is still putting up absurd numbers and gangsta games.

You smoking?

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2015, 12:58:18 PM »

You smoking?

Can't help it if you for some odd reason think that 2/2 is better than 2/6.... Jordan in his prime would have had NO chance in 2007 in LeBron's place. In any Finals he lost, he clearly had a vastly inferior team, except for 2011. And you're a certified Laker homer for putting Mikan in the top 4.

By the way, the only reason Jordan never lost a Finals is because in 95, he just wasn't good enough to get there.
No, it's not a sin

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2015, 01:02:02 PM »

You smoking?

Can't help it if you for some odd reason think that 2/2 is better than 2/6.... Jordan in his prime would have had NO chance in 2007 in LeBron's place. In any Finals he lost, he clearly had a vastly inferior team, except for 2011. And you're a certified Laker homer for putting Mikan in the top 4.

LOL... Mikan was the ORIGINAL superstar. I put him there because he was the first GOAT player, the George Washington of superstars.

As for 2/2. I give LeBron 2/4. He had that Heat team 4 years, and only won twice. I give him a pass for this year and 2007. But in 2011, he only scored 17ppg, and had to be carried by D-Wade. In 2014, he could not lead his team to beat the Spurs again, and instead the Heatles fell apart. Kobe or MJ, or Mikan, or Magic, or Bird, or Shaq, or especially player/coach Russell, would not have let that happen to their team.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2015, 01:06:27 PM »
Please... Kobe AND Shaq lost to the fucking Pistons, the best player on that team was a no-offense-whatsoever-player named Ben Wallace. The Spurs of 2014 were much better. Magic and Bird lost to each other, MJ lost to a young Shaq.
No, it's not a sin

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2015, 01:12:05 PM »
Please... Kobe AND Shaq lost to the fucking Pistons, the best player on that team was a no-offense-whatsoever-player named Ben Wallace. The Spurs of 2014 were much better. Magic and Bird lost to each other, MJ lost to a young Shaq.

And LeBron lost to a team with Jason Terry and Shawn Marion as the #2 and #3 option. Magic lost to a Big three of McHale, Parish and Bird. In 2004, the Lakers lost to a rape trial and Kobe and Shaq fighting each other. In 2011, the Superfriends lost to Jason Terry and Shawn Marion.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2015, 01:29:59 PM »
M Dogg acting like Dirk wasn't in his prime on that Mavs team  :laugh:

and like Tyson Chandler doesn't exist now?

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2015, 01:36:35 PM »
M Dogg acting like Dirk wasn't in his prime on that Mavs team  :laugh:

and like Tyson Chandler doesn't exist now?

And LeBron didn't only score 17ppg, and he didn't have D-Wade and Chris Bosh as his team, promising 8 titles in a row.

Sccit

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2015, 01:46:59 PM »

that laker team was a mess in terms of chemistry....still, it's not comparable to 2/6 in the finals. lebron might be the greatest loser ever, but thats as far as his title will go.

Sccit

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2015, 01:52:54 PM »

You smoking?

By the way, the only reason Jordan never lost a Finals is because in 95, he just wasn't good enough to get there.

lol@mdogg bein a laker homer...he just did that to spite kobe, as if u didnt know. again, these years in which lebron is losing the finals is only because he plays in the east. he'd be a first round exit every year if he played out west, and u do know that. and yes, 2/2 is better than 2/6 lmao.

btw kobe or jordan in lebron's shoes would be AT LEAST 4/6, and it's not even up for discussion.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2015, 01:58:22 PM »

You smoking?

lol@mdogg bein a laker homer...he just did that to spite kobe, as if u didnt know. again, these years in which lebron is losing the finals is only because he plays in the east. he'd be a first round exit every year if he played out west, and u do know that. and yes, 2/2 is better than 2/6 lmao.

btw kobe or jordan in lebron's shoes would be AT LEAST 4/6, and it's not even up for discussion.

I am a history major. I give respect to the forefathers. Thought you knew. No disrespect to Kobe. Kobe is in my top 10, but not top 5. At least not yet. I need to see his last year before I put him on any Mt. Rushmore.