Author Topic: What is LeBron's Legacy  (Read 1459 times)

Sccit

Re: What is LeBron's Legacy
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2015, 02:01:28 PM »
if kobe's not in your top 5, then kill yaself. only players who can be regarded as better=magic, michael, and kareem. and between those 4, an argument can be made for any of them as GOAT. actually, there are about 10 players who are interchangeable as GOAT when u talkin about individual skill. once u factor in accomplishments, it's the 4 i named and then everyone else.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2015, 02:08:24 PM »
if kobe's not in your top 5, then kill yaself. only players who can be regarded as better=magic, michael, and kareem. and between those 4, an argument can be made for any of them as GOAT. actually, there are about 10 players who are interchangeable as GOAT when u talkin about individual skill. once u factor in accomplishments, it's the 4 i named and then everyone else.

Okay?? Where does Kobe goes with Mikan, Russell, Magic, MJ? Who does he replace? They all won at least 5 titles. Mikan has more MVPs, Russell has more NBA Finals MVPs, Magic has more league MVPs and Finals MVPs, MJ have more titles and MVPs and 6 Finals MVPs. Who does Kobe replace? Look, let's see what Kobe does in his last year. If you are looking for me saying Kobe is better than LeBron, hell, I say it all the time. Kobe is better than LeBron.

You should quote this and put it in your sig.

Kobe Bryant is better than LeBron James.

Sccit

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2015, 02:17:47 PM »

Okay?? Where does Kobe goes with Mikan, Russell, Magic, MJ? Who does he replace? They all won at least 5 titles. Mikan has more MVPs, Russell has more NBA Finals MVPs, Magic has more league MVPs and Finals MVPs, MJ have more titles and MVPs and 6 Finals MVPs. Who does Kobe replace? Look, let's see what Kobe does in his last year. If you are looking for me saying Kobe is better than LeBron, hell, I say it all the time. Kobe is better than LeBron.

thats why i said u have to factor in individual skill ANDDDD accolades...not one or the other. kobe shits on russell and mikan in terms of individual skill, and only an idiot would argue that. it's only the accolades that elevates them to bein anywhere close.

i dont care if u say kobe is better than lebron to save face....at this point, no one is really claimin otherwise. but u still downplaying the shit outa kobe comparin him to george mikan lmao.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2015, 02:29:14 PM »

thats why i said u have to factor in individual skill ANDDDD accolades...not one or the other. kobe shits on russell and mikan in terms of individual skill, and only an idiot would argue that. it's only the accolades that elevates them to bein anywhere close.

i dont care if u say kobe is better than lebron to save face....at this point, no one is really claimin otherwise. but u still downplaying the shit outa kobe comparin him to george mikan lmao.

Mikan's a Laker. Thought you wouldn't mind that. Besides, my Mt. Rushmore wasn't based off of one on one play, it was based off importance to the game. Mikan was the first superstar, Russell won 11 titles and was a player/coach and he spoke out on political issues, Magic was the winner of Magic vs. Bird and that rivalry put the game on a whole other level, and MJ open up the business of the game and became the global face of basketball. I even explained it on my original Mt Rushmore post. Do I think Kobe could beat Russell one on one, hell yes. But do I think Russell was more important to basketball than Kobe, I do.

As for my actual top 10 in terms of skill, I said this before too, I don't put active players on my list. I am making an excuse for Kobe because he's played more minutes than many of the other players in my top 10. But I really don't think much about his place, other than I don't see him passing Magic, Jordan, Kareem, Russell as just a straight winner, and Mikan because of how Mikan dominated his era. That's what it's about. How good are you against your own era? Why? Because that's all you have to judge people by. Mikan was more dominate against his own era than Kobe was against his. Russell was way more dominate against his era than any other player in history. That's how I judge it. Maybe if Kobe retires, and I can properly look at his career, maybe I'll put him in my top 5. Maybe. I said the same thing about MJ, because Bulls fans were like you in the 90's. I REFUSED to put MJ in my top 5 because he was still playing. I couldn't accurately say he was a top 5 player when he only had 4 rings and he quit on basketball. Everyone was saying he was the greatest and I just rolled my eyes because he was still playing and I had no idea if he'd quit again, he'd get hurt, he'd leave the floor in the middle of the finals. And people yelled at me. But I take the same stance with Kobe, he ain't no top 5 player until I can put his career in prospective and judge him accordingly. I'll give him top 10, he has played so many minutes. Where? I don't know. I have to sit down and make a list. But top 5, for an active player, that's crazy.

Sccit

« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2015, 02:57:07 PM »

Mikan's a Laker. Thought you wouldn't mind that. Besides, my Mt. Rushmore wasn't based off of one on one play, it was based off importance to the game. Mikan was the first superstar, Russell won 11 titles and was a player/coach and he spoke out on political issues, Magic was the winner of Magic vs. Bird and that rivalry put the game on a whole other level, and MJ open up the business of the game and became the global face of basketball. I even explained it on my original Mt Rushmore post. Do I think Kobe could beat Russell one on one, hell yes. But do I think Russell was more important to basketball than Kobe, I do.

As for my actual top 10 in terms of skill, I said this before too, I don't put active players on my list. I am making an excuse for Kobe because he's played more minutes than many of the other players in my top 10. But I really don't think much about his place, other than I don't see him passing Magic, Jordan, Kareem, Russell as just a straight winner, and Mikan because of how Mikan dominated his era. That's what it's about. How good are you against your own era? Why? Because that's all you have to judge people by. Mikan was more dominate against his own era than Kobe was against his. Russell was way more dominate against his era than any other player in history. That's how I judge it. Maybe if Kobe retires, and I can properly look at his career, maybe I'll put him in my top 5. Maybe. I said the same thing about MJ, because Bulls fans were like you in the 90's. I REFUSED to put MJ in my top 5 because he was still playing. I couldn't accurately say he was a top 5 player when he only had 4 rings and he quit on basketball. Everyone was saying he was the greatest and I just rolled my eyes because he was still playing and I had no idea if he'd quit again, he'd get hurt, he'd leave the floor in the middle of the finals. And people yelled at me. But I take the same stance with Kobe, he ain't no top 5 player until I can put his career in prospective and judge him accordingly. I'll give him top 10, he has played so many minutes. Where? I don't know. I have to sit down and make a list. But top 5, for an active player, that's crazy.

OH, RUSSELL SPOKE OUT ON POLITICAL ISSUES, GOTCHYA

BIGTIMELA

« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2015, 04:57:19 PM »

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2015, 06:55:11 PM »
He's top 3. Ring argument is as autistic as it gets, absolute cop out.

Too early to really judge if you're cementing him in now. You guys act like if Love & Kyrie stay & stay healthy they won't win the East three more years in a row. If he repeats the next two years, still putting up absurd stats, it's a completely different resume lol. Not to mention he'll have been in his 7th straight Finals lmao.

But I understand most people hate him. As much as you truly want to believe most of you (& beyond this forum) can judge him fairly, there is an insurmountable amount of bias. Even to criticize him this year is a joke. It just goes to show subconsciously how good you know he really is if you believed he should of win this year. Because even as a fan, I knew he had no business winning this series. Just would of been so special if he did. I would of preferred the 2007 team to what happened to him after losing Kyrie & Love.

But yeah, he'll be back. He'll win & morons will make up different excuses. This thread is about 10 years too early lol.

Sccit

« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2015, 08:42:12 PM »
He's top 3. Ring argument is as autistic as it gets, absolute cop out.

Too early to really judge if you're cementing him in now. You guys act like if Love & Kyrie stay & stay healthy they won't win the East three more years in a row. If he repeats the next two years, still putting up absurd stats, it's a completely different resume lol. Not to mention he'll have been in his 7th straight Finals lmao.

But I understand most people hate him. As much as you truly want to believe most of you (& beyond this forum) can judge him fairly, there is an insurmountable amount of bias. Even to criticize him this year is a joke. It just goes to show subconsciously how good you know he really is if you believed he should of win this year. Because even as a fan, I knew he had no business winning this series. Just would of been so special if he did. I would of preferred the 2007 team to what happened to him after losing Kyrie & Love.

But yeah, he'll be back. He'll win & morons will make up different excuses. This thread is about 10 years too early lol.

so he didn't choke away an opportunity to go up 3-0?? so he didn't take 34 shots per game on under 40%?? so he wasn't guarded 1-on-1 the entire series?? so he didn't underperform in the clutch (once again)?? so he's not 2/6 in the finals??? roflmfao@top 3. stop that.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2015, 11:13:36 PM »
Top 10 for sure, could become the GOAT if the Cavs threepeat now while he is still putting up absurd numbers and gangsta games.

You smoking?

Can't help it if you for some odd reason think that 2/2 is better than 2/6.... Jordan in his prime would have had NO chance in 2007 in LeBron's place. In any Finals he lost, he clearly had a vastly inferior team, except for 2011. And you're a certified Laker homer for putting Mikan in the top 4.

By the way, the only reason Jordan never lost a Finals is because in 95, he just wasn't good enough to get there.

lol@mdogg bein a laker homer...he just did that to spite kobe, as if u didnt know. again, these years in which lebron is losing the finals is only because he plays in the east. he'd be a first round exit every year if he played out west, and u do know that. and yes, 2/2 is better than 2/6 lmao.

btw kobe or jordan in lebron's shoes would be AT LEAST 4/6, and it's not even up for discussion.

So basically, LeBron would be a better player if he got bounced earlier and be 2/2?
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Sccit

« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2015, 11:49:08 PM »
Top 10 for sure, could become the GOAT if the Cavs threepeat now while he is still putting up absurd numbers and gangsta games.

You smoking?

Can't help it if you for some odd reason think that 2/2 is better than 2/6.... Jordan in his prime would have had NO chance in 2007 in LeBron's place. In any Finals he lost, he clearly had a vastly inferior team, except for 2011. And you're a certified Laker homer for putting Mikan in the top 4.

By the way, the only reason Jordan never lost a Finals is because in 95, he just wasn't good enough to get there.

lol@mdogg bein a laker homer...he just did that to spite kobe, as if u didnt know. again, these years in which lebron is losing the finals is only because he plays in the east. he'd be a first round exit every year if he played out west, and u do know that. and yes, 2/2 is better than 2/6 lmao.

btw kobe or jordan in lebron's shoes would be AT LEAST 4/6, and it's not even up for discussion.

So basically, LeBron would be a better player if he got bounced earlier and be 2/2?

IN THE CASE OF SOME1 LIKE LEBRON, MOST DEFINITELY...BECAUSE HE'S KNOWN FOR UNDERPERFORMING IN BIGGER MOMENTS, AND THAT 2/6 JUST HELPS FURTHER PROVE THAT NOTION. THE FINALS IS WHEN EVERY1 BRINGS THEIR BEST, AND LEBRON'S BEST SIMPLY DOESN'T MEASURE UP, AS EVIDENT BY THE LOSING FINALS RECORD.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2015, 03:49:39 PM »

You smoking?

LMFAO. Pretty much.

Dude, I've already discussed this. "Rings" & "Finals record" was not even a thing until LeBron entered the league. Nobody ever said "Oh, Allen Iverson in his prime sucked because he didn't win a ring" or "Karl Malone was awful" or "Charles Barkley was straight ass cheeks". Only after LeBron came into the league the MJ stans & the 3peat Laker stans created this new standard that eliminated how awful of a team you were on, what front management did for you & just said it was 100% rings....unless LeBron surpasses 3 rings...then there's nooo waaaay he's better than Bird & his hall of fame squad Celtics lol. Or god forbid he threepeats the next three seasons, "Kobe only lost twice". So in theory, Kobe not being able to do what LeBron tried to do in the Finals (twice) after Shaq left & got his ass kicked with Smush Parker left somehow helped his legacy lmao.

It's nothing more than a lame standard they created......but Elgin Baylor's one ring >>>>> Bill's 11.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2015, 06:27:25 PM »

You smoking?

LMFAO. Pretty much.

Dude, I've already discussed this. "Rings" & "Finals record" was not even a thing until LeBron entered the league. Nobody ever said "Oh, Allen Iverson in his prime sucked because he didn't win a ring" or "Karl Malone was awful" or "Charles Barkley was straight ass cheeks". Only after LeBron came into the league the MJ stans & the 3peat Laker stans created this new standard that eliminated how awful of a team you were on, what front management did for you & just said it was 100% rings....unless LeBron surpasses 3 rings...then there's nooo waaaay he's better than Bird & his hall of fame squad Celtics lol. Or god forbid he threepeats the next three seasons, "Kobe only lost twice". So in theory, Kobe not being able to do what LeBron tried to do in the Finals (twice) after Shaq left & got his ass kicked with Smush Parker left somehow helped his legacy lmao.

It's nothing more than a lame standard they created......but Elgin Baylor's one ring >>>>> Bill's 11.

Giving LeBron haters too much credit. My earliest memory of the ring count came from Magic and Bird. Their whole battle was about rings. Jordan was on the side dunking with Wilkins and everyone else was doing their thing. But the Magic vs. Bird rivalry was defined by the ring count. People got on Barkley, Malone and others for not winning rings in the 90's.

Sccit

« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2015, 07:27:56 PM »

You smoking?

LMFAO. Pretty much.

BUT LOOK AT THE PEOPLE U LISTED....THATS THE TIER LEBRON IS IN.....GET IT YET?

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2015, 07:52:42 PM »

You smoking?

LMFAO. Pretty much.

BUT LOOK AT THE PEOPLE U LISTED....THATS THE TIER LEBRON IS IN.....GET IT YET?

That's a funny & cute comeback, but in reality it's facts. Malone wasn't shitted on because he didn't win. When he retired he was pretty much the undisputed greatest PF of all-time. Nobody cared. Just you. & when you sit back & realize why the ring argument means so much to you, it's because it's about where the "check" in the "check box" between the two ends for Kobe. Everything else other than "purer shooter" goes to LeBron.

Sccit

« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2015, 08:01:43 PM »
WHAT ARE U TALKING ABOUT? KOBE IS BETTER IN PRETTY MUCH EVERY FACET OF THE GAME

BETTER HANDLES- KOBE
BETTER SHOT- KOBE
BETTER OFFENSIVE ARSENAL- KOBE
BETTER FOOTWORK- KOBE
BETTER POST-MOVES- KOBE
BETTER OFF THE BALL- KOBE
BETTER DEFENDER- KOBE

THE ONLY THING LEBRON HAS ON KOBE IS LITERALLY SIZE AND ATHLETICISM....EVERYTHING ELSE GOES TO KOBE. IF NOT, WHY IS KOBE DOUBLE AND TRIPLE TEAMED WHILE LEBRON IS GUARDED 1-ON-1? AND IF LEBRON'S TEAMMATES ARE SO HORRIBLE, WHY WONT THEY DOUBLE OFF THEM? LOL. IT'S HILARIOUS.. LEBRON IS NOWHERE NEAR KOBE AND DEEP IN UR HEART U KNOW IT...FORGET RINGS. JUST AS PURE BASKETBALL PLAYERS. HE'S BETTER AT EVERY MEASURABLE FACET THAT IS ATTRIBUTED TO SKILL AS OPPOSED TO SIZE.

AND LIKE MDOGG ALREADY SAID, THE BIGGEST KNOCK ON MALONE AND BARKLEY WAS ALWAYS NO RINGS...ITS THE SOLE REASON SOME1 LIKE SHAQ IS REGARDED AS BEING A TIER HIGHER.