Author Topic: 94-95 Houston Rockets appreciation thread  (Read 647 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
94-95 Houston Rockets appreciation thread
« on: June 28, 2015, 10:08:29 PM »
That NBAtv Clutch City show got me hype.  I saw it on youtube just today...  I remember that season they beat the Knicks was a really slow year for the NBA with Jordan being out.  I remember the cover of sports illustrated questioning whether hockey was going to overtake the NBA.  So that year wasn't that memorable...

...but damn, I forgot how awesome the Rockets repeat really was.  I mean I remembered Drexler coming over and taking them to the championship as a 6th seed.  But I forgot that they actually had a losing record with Drexler on their team at the end of the regular season.  I also forgot just how dramatic their first two playoff series really were, beating the Jazz and beating the Suns in the most dramatic fashion.

Of course I remembered the Finals and one of the biggest choke jobs in history—Anderson at the line—who can forget that  8)

..so the debate is, could the Rockets have won if Jordan had not retired?
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sccit

Re: 94-95 Houston Rockets appreciation thread
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2015, 11:46:52 PM »
yea because Jordan came back in 94-95 and bulls still lost. Hakeem in his prime was untouchable, right up there with Jordan.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2015, 01:32:43 AM »
yea because Jordan came back in 94-95 and bulls still lost. 

that doesn't count because Jordan was out of shape trying to come back at the end of the season after standing around in the outfield for a year.... the debate is if Jordan never retired, and the Bulls just kept rolling after their championship against the Suns
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

Sccit

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2015, 02:23:04 AM »

that doesn't count because Jordan was out of shape trying to come back at the end of the season after standing around in the outfield for a year.... the debate is if Jordan never retired, and the Bulls just kept rolling after their championship against the Suns

and the answer is no .. threepeat is draining. one can argue that the break is the reason Jordan was able to refresh and win another threepeat. now if Kobe was in Jordan's shoes, he woulda never retired for baseball and woulda won 8 straight 8)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2015, 06:52:36 AM »

and the answer is no .. threepeat is draining. one can argue that the break is the reason Jordan was able to refresh and win another threepeat. now if Kobe was in Jordan's shoes, he woulda never retired for baseball and woulda won 8 straight 8)

If Kobe was that good then why couldn't he of just one those championships with the Lakers... couldn't they of 4-peated with Shaq if they would've handled business against the Pistons?  And he couldn't get it done on a team with Malone, Payton, Shaq...right?

...by the way, on a different note getting back to the Rockets championships, I noticed there is one key guy always hittin big shots in key moments, and that's Robert Horry.  This dude has been on so many championship teams and it is no coincidence.  He's a big reason why a lot of those teams were champions.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2015, 11:30:12 AM »
Infinite with the knockout punch to any Kobe arguement  ;D

Sccit

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2015, 12:40:44 PM »

If Kobe was that good then why couldn't he of just one those championships with the Lakers... couldn't they of 4-peated with Shaq if they would've handled business against the Pistons?  And he couldn't get it done on a team with Malone, Payton, Shaq...right?

...by the way, on a different note getting back to the Rockets championships, I noticed there is one key guy always hittin big shots in key moments, and that's Robert Horry.  This dude has been on so many championship teams and it is no coincidence.  He's a big reason why a lot of those teams were champions.

BECAUSE SHAQ WAS A LAZY PRIMADONNA WHO MAILED IT IN AFTER THE THREEPEAT. THAT TEAM WAS DOOMED FROM THE START, NO CHEMISTRY WHATSOEVER AND MALONE + PAYTON WERE WASHED UP.. MALONE WAS EVEN INJURED IN THE FINALS. THAT TEAM WASNT A TEAM AT ALL....ON THE CONTRARY, GIVE KOBE A HARDWORKING BEAST WITH NO EGO ISSUES ALA PIPPEN FOR THE DURATION OF HIS PRIME AND OHHHHWEEEE.

ROBERT HORRY = THE GOAT ROLE PLAYER

Sccit

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2015, 12:41:47 PM »
Infinite with the knockout punch to any Kobe arguement  ;D

STOP WHISPERING SWEET DISSENSION IN HIS EAR U FUCK

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2015, 02:03:09 PM »
Jordan was on fire come playoff time. The Magic were simply too big for the Bulls. Jordan genuinely LOST.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2015, 02:19:05 PM »
Jordan was on fire come playoff time. The Magic were simply too big for the Bulls. Jordan genuinely LOST.

that was hardly a genuine loss... Jordan was very tired, you could see it in him, that he just ran out of gas, and his physical strength was not up to par.   They did have some serious front court problems, I agree, but everyone knew the Magic didn't beat the real Jordan

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2015, 02:35:14 PM »

yep, Shaq and Penny were no joke

well, until they ran into Hakeem :D

Sccit

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2015, 03:09:35 PM »

that was hardly a genuine loss... Jordan was very tired, you could see it in him, that he just ran out of gas, and his physical strength was not up to par.   They did have some serious front court problems, I agree, but everyone knew the Magic didn't beat the real Jordan

sounds like an excuse to me

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2015, 03:11:40 PM »

Jordan being very sub-par during the '95 playoffs is probably the biggest misconception in sports history. I swear some people are literally unaware that the games even happened.

MJ was averaging MORE points on a BETTER FG% than he did in '96 and '97! Nigga got beat. All there is to it. Even topnotch-prime-Jordan would have been annihilated by Hakeem's Rockets that year. Prime Jordan playing for the 2007 Cavs would have been swept like a dirty floor. Nigga's the greatest non-big ever, but he sure as hell ain't the demigod people talked him up to be.
No, it's not a sin

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2015, 03:33:28 PM »
MJ ain't losing to the 03-04 pistons though  ;D

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2015, 03:41:06 PM »
MJ ain't losing to the 03-04 pistons though  ;D

Most greats wouldn't... one of the all-time Finals upsets.
No, it's not a sin