Author Topic: Iraq War Is A Replay of Israel’s Lebanon Adventure?  (Read 383 times)

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Humankind will thrive on compassion
Re:Iraq War Is A Replay of Israel’s Lebanon Adventure?
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2003, 11:28:02 PM »
Not Sabra and Shatila again, we already know Phalangies were the ones to massacare the people in these camps for their religion, how come people still think Israel's forces had something to do with it, and the article even sayes we Masterminded it, god damn, I never heared of a more spontanious massacare.... Plus Lebanon was never taken as hard as u're making it look, and the martial law remained simply cause there's no way to leberate a small erea and stay there to protect it with a weak temporarry government.
We are all human beings isn't that a good enough reason for peace?

TheSheriff

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2003, 01:25:14 PM »
Not Sabra and Shatila again, we already know Phalangies were the ones to massacare the people in these camps for their religion, how come people still think Israel's forces had something to do with it, and the article even sayes we Masterminded it, god damn, I never heared of a more spontanious massacare.... Plus Lebanon was never taken as hard as u're making it look, and the martial law remained simply cause there's no way to leberate a small erea and stay there to protect it with a weak temporarry government.

I'm referring to the "regrettable" (to quote Ariel) incident at Al Ishta.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2003, 01:33:37 PM »
Back to Sabra and Shatilla, no one is saying IDF forces entered those camps, but if youre tellin me that incident was "spontaneous", Id say youve gon crazy. Sharon KNEW that Phalanges were heading into those camps, he KNEW what would happen when armed Phalange members enter a Palestinian refugee camp, even when the original reports of massacres leaked to Sharon, He STILL didnt do anything. Precisely why he was found to be INDIRECTLY responsible.
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

TheSheriff

« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2003, 01:44:21 PM »
Back to Sabra and Shatilla, no one is saying IDF forces entered those camps, but if youre tellin me that incident was "spontaneous", Id say youve gon crazy. Sharon KNEW that Phalanges were heading into those camps, he KNEW what would happen when armed Phalange members enter a Palestinian refugee camp, even when the original reports of massacres leaked to Sharon, He STILL didnt do anything. Precisely why he was found to be INDIRECTLY responsible.

I think Al Ishta is, in some ways, an even better example. The IDF remained on the outskirts of the town, stopping Lebanese regular forces (that is, from what is now the Resistance) entering to stop the carnage, and allowing the Phalanx to stay in there. Palpably condoning murder.

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2003, 01:51:51 AM »

Well, since he was the comanding officer of the Israeli forces during the incident, it's not surprising any court would find him inderectly responsible. It's rather a political thing, than an arguement that reflects anything relevant to our debate. As for him knowing, and for-seeing
so many things, acording to your words, he than might as well have for-seen the negative effect the events would have at his career later on...As for responding to the first actual reports that came, u know how much time it could  take untill something was confirmed, in these types of situations?, come on man, it's the millitarry they can't act upon rumours....Besides, since when is Israel responsable for inter-tribal disagreements....what if the phalangs invaded the camps without the Israelis being there, who would be blamed than?

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2003, 02:45:33 AM »

I think Al Ishta is, in some ways, an even better example. The IDF remained on the outskirts of the town, stopping Lebanese regular forces (that is, from what is now the Resistance) entering to stop the carnage, and allowing the Phalanx to stay in there. Palpably condoning murder.

Well, think logiclly man,Lebanese regular forces were viewed as the Enemies, phalangs weren't there to atack the Israeli forces....and lets say, they could've asumed a tragic outcome, do u think it's that easy to cover the town and at the same time try to fade out riots in it...again I repeat, army can't act upon hunches, not being 100% sure it was going to happen, was enough to forget about something that may or may not happen, since there were bigger problems in the present....

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2003, 09:23:51 AM »
Well Im not blaming Sharon for Sabra and Shatilla, but as the occupying power and the puppet  masters behind the phalange, The Israelis must have had some sort of responsibility to stop that, no?
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2003, 01:26:28 AM »
Of course, the strictly right-mind human responsibility, since they were in the erea and they could've helped, but during war times it's not always as obvious or as easy since soldiers tend to worry bout present problems and not asumeable future problems, although I don't believe Israelis could be considered as phlanges' masters, since the massacare was clearly against Israel's interest....

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2003, 10:06:38 AM »
For Israel to launch helicopter attacks on suspected militants in civilian areas is against its interests as well. Doesnt stop them from doing it tho,  ;)

- Lewis Carroll

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2003, 12:12:21 AM »
For Israel to launch helicopter attacks on suspected militants in civilian areas is against its interests as well. Doesnt stop them from doing it tho,  ;)

Not really man, Cause all of the (as u defined) "suspected"
millitants are in fact much more than "suspected", I would rather call them "wanted" than "suspected".....